Why release serial rapist???

Ezekiel 25:17

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I just read an article last night in our local paper detailing how a brutal serial rapist who served over 20 years, who raped 18 women that we know of is slated to be released despite warnings from officers and other staff who voiced concerns that he may re-offend or even kill......after i googled similar cases, it seems this happens often. Guy rapes numerous women, goes to jail, shows no signs of remorse or recovery....gets released???

How and why does this happen....? I know our justice system here in canadia is broken but i mean damn....if there was ever the type of person you dont want back on the streets. What kind of clown show system are we running here?

I just read an article last night in our local paper detailing how a brutal serial rapist who served over 20 years, who raped 18 women that we know of is slated to be released despite warnings from officers and other staff who voiced concerns that he may re-offend or even kill......after i googled similar cases, it seems this happens often. Guy rapes numerous women, goes to jail, shows no signs of remorse or recovery....gets released???

How and why does this happen....? I know our justice system here in canadia is broken but i mean damn....if there was ever the type of person you dont want back on the streets. What kind of clown show system are we running here?
Because Tony the Tiger has been eyeballing me.

What do you propose? The only thing I could think of is a justice system that uses sentences as a means of rehabilitation and reintegration into society instead of punishment and isolation from society.

Of course, that's looked on as being "soft on crime".

My 2cents
Death sentence is an underrated tool

I completely agree.

In terms of danger to the public and likelihood to reengage in harmful behavior, serial rapists >>>> rapists >>>>>>> literally everyone else.

because you need to make room in prisons for drug addicts, for some reason.

What do you propose? The only thing I could think of is a justice system that uses sentences as a means of rehabilitation and reintegration into society instead of punishment and isolation from society.

Some people can't be rehabilitated, because they either see nothing wrong in the crimes they have committed, or know it's wrong but simply don't care. The only thing you can do with these people is kill them or lock them up until they die.

Serial rapists should be castrated upon release.

Early in the 20th century, the federal bureau of prisons had rehabilitation and reintegration as its goal, at the highest level, with Sanford Bates being a staunch proponent of this. Now it is all about custody at the federal level, and rehabilitation efforts vary from state to state, and from institution to institution.

Some people can't be rehabilitated, because they either see nothing wrong in the crimes they have committed, or know it's wrong but simply don't care. The only thing you can do with these people is kill them or lock them up until they die.
Ok.

But there are lots of places with much higher rates of rehabilitation and lower rates of incarceration. That suggests that most people who are incarcerated can be rehabilitated.

True, but you can't be so quick to write people off though, without confirming true sociopathy. For instance, this guy spent 14 years in a dark hole cell on Alcatraz for killing a guard with a hammer, and was probably considered the most dangerous man in America in 1940, but eventually, in time with the help of a reform minded warden, he saw the light and was eventually allowed access to surgical instruments in Alcatraz and then Atlanta in his job in the hospital, and was actually released in the 1970's.
th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rufus_Franklin

Why... Hopefully to give a loved one of one of the victims a chance at retribution

I think we ought to release them to the care of a doctor, some meds and, obviously, therapy. Because doctors have the cure. Fucking anti science trumpet nazis.

Pic of rapist so we can base our educated sherdog opinion ?

This guy raped 18 women. How anyone could say he deserves anything short of death makes no sense to me. Even if he could be rehabilitated why on earth would he deserve that ?

The guy served just over a year in prison for each victim.

We should be able to kill these people and not humanely. We aren't talking about anyone with a sense of humanity.

Ok.

But there are lots of places with much higher rates of rehabilitation and lower rates of incarceration. That suggests that most people who are incarcerated can be rehabilitated.

By their very nature, some criminals can never be rehabilitated. A murder victim isn't coming back to life, so the idea that their murderer can somehow balance the scales simply by becoming a better person is laughable. It's the worst kind of moral cowardice.

This is just another example of a broken justice system. I would love to know a way that we could hold the people who made this decision accountable.

Canada, "We are going to release a serial rapist who brutally violated 18 women, after he served 20 years".

UK, "You are like little child. Watch this" (Releases a rapist who police suspect may have drugged and raped almost 100 women after he served less than 10 years)

Last edited:
By their very nature, some criminals can never be rehabilitated.
Im glad you agree that some criminals can't be rehabilitated. I was noting that there are probably a lot who can be rehabilitated that aren't being rehabilitated.
A murder victim isn't coming back to life, so the idea that their murderer can somehow balance the scales simply by becoming a better person is laughable.
That doesn't really have anything to do with rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is the purpose of reforming a criminal so that he can be released while being less likely to do shitty things in the future. What you're talking about is fixing the past crime-restorative or retributive justice.

It's the worst kind of moral cowardice.
This is low-grade hysterionics.

Back