Why people blame DC for not taking the Stipe fight

Love DC but he knows damn well how he won that fight with a open glove finger rake of Miocics eyes. I don’t believe DC’s ducking as much as the company is making him with their business decisions.

Miocic would knock Cormier out in the 2nd round if they ever rematched.

Dude DC literally admitted he took the fight because it was easier.

He said Stipe stands a chance of beating him and Lewis really doesn't.

I dont blame him for not taking Stipe on short notice but he did kinda say he was scared of fighting such a high quality fighter under those circumstances.
He said he wouldn't accept to fight Stipe under these conditions (short notice and not healthy), because yes he's more dangerous. The leap of faith to go from that to assume he's 'ducking' and 'scared' is quite substantial.
Especially, considering that an immediate rematch makes no sense in the first place and DC is facing the next best contender, like it or not.

What? I've literally barely seen anyone blame DC or knock him for not fighting Stipe.
It's not like widespread, but it's definitely been there. Way I see guys 40 with 2 fights left and he's already gone through the meat grinder of fighting all the absolute best, some on more than 1 occasion. I completely understand being picky with the fights being taken.

He said he wouldn't accept to fight Stipe under these conditions (short notice and not healthy), because yes he's more dangerous. The leap of faith to go from that to assume he's 'ducking' and 'scared' is quite substantial.
Especially, considering that an immediate rematch makes no sense in the first place and DC is facing the next best contender, like it or not.

Him saying he wont face Stipe because he has ways to beat him, avoiding him under these conditions is saying he is afraid of losing to him, in these certain circumstances. Now, its reasonable to not fight a beast like Miocic injured or on short notice (let alone both) but yes he admitted he took it because it is an easy fight, and that he wouldnt figjt Stipe because Stipe is not an easy fight.

I dont blame him and his reasoning makes sense. It still his own words.

Also Blaydes is waaay better than Black Beast and would destroy him.

I feel like we're arguing semantics at this point. Being "afraid" of facing a dangerous opponent on short notice when unhealthy is not really something that I can call cowardly (and yes, you didn't say that and I don't think you implied that either, I'm just elaborating for the sake of the discussion). If he was healthy and the fight was scheduled normally and DC declined, then I would see some merit to the argument.

As for Blaydes being better than Black Beast, while respectable opinion, there's not really a way to do the right thing. Black Beast is effectively ranked higher. If DC faced Blaydes, sherdog would say he's avoiding the higher ranked contender. If he faces BB, DC is avoiding the young prospect. Catch 22.

DC doesn't need to fight Stipe. Their fight wasn't even close, 1st round KO... Stipe doesn't deserve a rematch yet.

Would you all have liked to see Cormier vs Miocic 2 in a short notice fight? I personally wouldn't. This is a "save the card" fight. If after 5-6 months of recovery the UFC and Cormier had gone with the Lewis fight it would be a legitimate complaint. Both of these fighters, which otherwise wouldn't be fighting since they are not in the best condition, were offered an opportunity to benefit in a way (Lewis getting a title shot and Cormier getting a more winnable fight) in order to get a decent main event for that card. Miocic deserves a rematch in my opinion but it can't be a short notice fight.

People are salty because they think it's a fluke, despite the fact that he completely handled Stipe and first round KO'd him.

The elephant in the room here is that the UFC hates Stipe. It's clear in the marketing and the fact Stipe didn't have Dana put the belt on.

There's something there, and I guarentee Stipe needs to ko three more guys to sniff a title shot or they need a title fight to replace something.

Immediate rematches are bullshit and is way more common than it should be.
The Lewis fight happen soon too, so no reason to bitch about it really.

This fight would have never happened if the MSG didn't get fucked into bolivian.
If the fight would have never happened unless outside circumstances , probably means the fight is shit

back in the old days, a dethroned champ had to work his way back up. Now it's whining and bitching on media

Back