Why people blame DC for not taking the Stipe fight

because Stipe should've received a immediate rematch, if you disagree, whatever, but that's how i see it and ain't that hard

Saying Stipe doesn't have a streak is pretty dumb, he was on the best streak( resume wise, not number wise) in UFC HW history before his fight with DC. That usually the kind of thing thst gets you a rematch.

I'm more a fan of DC than any other current heavyweight. DC vs BBC should be fun and I'm ready to see that shit, but I'm not sure anyone deserved that fight more than Stipe deserved a rematch. Who really thinks BB has more than a hail Mary chance?
I dont see his win streak, he lost to DC and then started fighting on twitter and yeah i was talking about the current timeline.
Also like i said, DC has a fucking Broken hand, you want a 100% Stipe to fight a broken hand DC and call that a fair fight?
And we both already knew Brock was gonna fight the winner of DC-Stipe, dont talk about it like it is a fucking surprise elemental, it just like the Conor situation, Conor passed on the whole fucking division to fight for the LW belt.
Because we know that DC knows he can't win that fight without finger fucking Stipe's eyes out again.
welcome to the internet, i guess Stipe would have won if he didn't eyepoke DC first

Last edited:
I honestly thought Volkov deserved a title shot after he knocked Werdum out

But they screwed him as well

Honestly they should've had DC vs Volkov and Stipe vs Lesnar (Stipe deserves that payday after his great run as champion)
Glad he didn't get it in the end. Thought he was gonna explode after beating Lewis, but it was more like exposed.

Well yes but Lewis is super dangerous for a guy like Volkov who is not a wrestler

They shouldn't have put him in that position is what I'm saying

So you are saying Volkov shouldn't have to fight dangerous match-ups to get a title shot? He should have just won the damn fight...don't worry DC will retire, and you will get some combination of Stipe, Blaydes, Ngannou and Volkov fighting for the title.

Honestly if anyone has a valid complaint it isn't the recently smoked Stipe and Volkov...its Blaydes who is on a winning streak and gets rewarded with Ngannou instead of a title shot since he is fighting in the same month.

What I don't understand is how many fights he has lined up for himself. It's super awkward to see a fighter having so many opponents lined-up for him where he can chose from.

He has 2 belts (LHW and HW)

Jones-DC 3
Stipe-DC 2
Lesnar-DC
Gus-DC 2

And then he took the BB fight and nobody saw that coming. All the other fights is heavily talked about except the gus fight but the other fights people are expecting by default to see Jones-DC 3, Lesnar-DC or Stipe-DC 2 to happen.

Personally I think he should fight BB and then Lesnar and call it a day but there is alot of demands on him to fight all this people and he can't just split himself in 4 halves to fight each one of them

What I don't understand is how many fights he has lined up for himself. It's super awkward to see a fighter having so many opponents lined-up for him where he can chose what he wants best.

He has 2 belts (LHW and HW)

Jones-DC 3
Stipe-DC 2
Lesnar-DC
Gus-DC 2

And then he took BB fight and nobody saw that coming. All the other fights is heavily talked about except the gus fight where people are expected by default to see Jones-DC 3, Lesnar-DC or Stipe-DC 2 to happen.

Personally I think he should fight BB and then Lesnar then call it a day but there is alot of demands on him to fight all this people and he can't just split himself in 4 halves to fight each one of them
Because the risk will be fucking high, you must know that he has a broken hand. Fight with a broken hand against any of those beasts on short noticed is fucking stupid. Both him and Lewis are not at 100% into UFC 230 so that would be a fair fight for both.
Even Jon himself know that risk, he didn't want to fight Chael Fucking Sonnen on short noticed and fucked up the whole card. We should be thankful both DC and Lewis took this fight and save the card

I dont fucking understand.
1. DC just beat him a couple months ago and Stipe has no win streak
2. DC and Lewis both not 100% into this fight, DC has a broken hand and Lewis just has a fight few weaks ago.
3. Lewis is 2# at HW, 9-1 in his last 10 fight (with 7 KO/TKO, 3 Performance of the Night, 1 Fight of the Night), 3 fight win streak again Ngannou, Volkov (both of them was in top 5 the moment he fought them), Tybura.
4. the UFC will give him shit load of money for saving this card on short noticed

LOL literally those people who call DC "Chicken, Coward, Pussy" for taking a fight on short noticed with a broken hand against a #2 HW who can finish you with 1 punch are the same people who want Stipe to fight a broken hand DC so that Stipe can actually win.
Lewis has been on a much better run than people realize and Stipe won't promote a fight

If the fight was controversial or close that would be one thing. But DC knocked him the fuck out in the 1st. Don't need to see that again. Sorry Stipe, fight a contender like Blaydes for the next TS.

Because the risk will be fucking high, you must know that he has a broken hand. Fight with a broken hand against any of those beasts on short noticed is fucking stupid. Both him and Lewis are not at 100% into UFC 230 so that would be a fair fight for both.
Even Jon himself know that risk, he didn't want to fight Chael Fucking Sonnen on short noticed and fucked up the whole card. We should be thankful both DC and Lewis took this fight and save the card

In December either Jones/Gus is going to call him out, Stipe is already calling him out and Lesnar and him already had their thing inside the octagon meaning Lesnar is somehow counting on the fight to happen since he entered the octagon to sell the fight.

The big Question is what is next After BB fight....

In December either Jones/Gus is going to call him out, Stipe is already calling him out and Lesnar and him already had their thing inside the octagon meaning Lesnar is somehow counting on the fight to happen since he entered the octagon to sell the fight with DC.

The big Question is what is next After BB fight....
He will fight Brock, that is 100% unless Brock fucked up with the drug test or BB somehow win with a lucky shot. And DC has already said he want to fight Jon so that is another option. Also if Gus beat Jon in his next fight i can see Gus-DC 2 at HW or maybe LHW. If those 3 somehow all fucked up then i guess it was Stipe
In order Brock>Jon=Gus> Stipe (If Gus beat Jon)
Or Brock>Jon>Stipe>Gus (if Jon beat Gus)
I think DC has 2 more fight after the BB fight. Stipe just cant blame anyone, he is just unlucky he is in the same time with Brock + DC only has few fights left and the beef between Jon-DC is too fucking huge.

Last edited:
Blame is a strong word. But you have to admit it just doesn't look good to have a situation where a) the challenger is someone who has said repeatedly that he isn't ready for a title shot and that Stipe deserves it more than him, and b) the champ actually says Stipe "has a legit gripe" about not getting the TS, but that he's "too good" to fight in the current circumstances. It's a match that was whipped up in a roiling whirl of desperation and greed, but somehow being upfront and unashamed about what a shitshow it is makes it alright?

He's the most successful UFC HW champ ever - some would say that warrants another shot because anyone can get caught with some hot shit and go lights out - especially at HW. Most people think aldo deserved rematch exact same reason, most successful FW ever and got caught.

Stipe is also still #1 rank at every site and at UFC rankings. Champs should fight #1 contenders.

I dont have a problem with it under circumstances. Just saying reason. He does need to fight Stipe next though if Stipe wins one more. But Stipe is being a diva like he has been not fighting very much since has title. But that seems common in todays UFC...

Last edited:
Chicken, coward, pussy AND fake/phony/hypocrite/opportunist. Now it is complete.

The first fight did not seem like a complete fluke so I don't see why there is any point in Stipe rematching DC immediately. It is not like Stipe was on this massive win streak - he had a nice streak going for HW but not enough to get an instant rematch considering how the fight played out.

DC fighting Lewis I guess has more to do with both fighters being ready, they're trying to save a shitty card and with an expected win, DC can then go on and fight Brock. Lewis is not deserving of a title shot at all, especially when he was being soundly beaten by Volkov for 99% of the fight, but sometimes opportunities arise and I'd rather see this fight happening than Schevchenko fighting some random chick for a pointless title.

The problem is that people really don’t like Cormier or Stipe that much. They’re bigger dudes with no drawing power. Nobody would give a damn if they both retired tomorrow.

Back