Why our foreign policy makes me ashamed to be an American

Yeah, the situation in Yemen is a pretty gross and blatant reflection on the morality that guides America`s foreign policy decisions.

It puts into perspective the naive belief that American international intervention is ever particularly motivated by `doing the right thing`.

If Assad as much as fart after a visit to the local Tacos Bell, the establishment media write lengthy articles about human rights violation but when Saudi Arabia, best known for its democracy and female empowerment together with America are starving and killing off thousands of innocent Yemenis, it is mostly silent! How well-known is it among casuals that there are American boots on the ground in Yemen?
I'll admit. I don't know much about the situation in Yemen and I definitely didn't know about the boots on the ground. American foreign policy has been a bane to this world for decades now.

Although I don't like United States foreign policy, the tribal nature of the people (muslom countries in the M.E. break up into factions of "real" muslims who fight with others.. Also happens in Christian world, just not as often) could easily have lead to war and starvation on their own. Like it was said, they import nearly all their food.. That right there is a problem.

Aljazeera called the conflict complex.

The ongoing war in Yemen, which has displaced millions of people, is far more complex than a Sunni-Shia conflict.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/key-facts-war-yemen-160607112342462.html

For three years, Yemen, the Arab world's poorest country, has been wracked by a bloody war between the Houthi rebels and supporters of Yemen's internationally recognised government.

So is the USA and others not supporting the legitimate government of Yemen.

I am going to need more of an explanation on who the bad guys are. I am not saying your wrong but it seems over simplified.

Though the conflict is longer this war started in 2004.

Now for 2015 here is a quote. a coalition of Arab states launched a military campaign in 2015 to defeat the Houthis and restore Yemen's government.

In 2015, Saudi Arabia formed a coalition of Arab states to defeat the Houthis in Yemen.

This sounds like the Saudi did not get involved until the conflict was 11 years old?

You guys might be right but I need more than just USA is the bad guy . I don't like how things the USA has been involved in has turned out but this sounds like an old conflict and more complex that you guys are making it sound.

A war going on for 11 years before others got involved sounds like more than just a proxy war.

Australia, we're lower on the totem pole, a whole new level of cuckold.

USA = Cucked to Irael, Australia = Cucked to USA, so two degrees of cuckoldry there. But we're also cucked to China, so we're both first and second degree cuckolds. A sad state of affairs indeed.

How is it that Australia a Cuck to China?

Although I don't like United States foreign policy, the tribal nature of the people (muslom countries in the M.E. break up into factions of "real" muslims who fight with others.. Also happens in Christian world, just not as often) could easily have lead to war and starvation on their own. Like it was said, they import nearly all their food.. That right there is a problem.

Muslom

I like that

I will add it to my collection.

Muslim,Moslem,Muslem,Maslim,Mukling and now Muslom.

Explain, it sounds like it is the government that has been around for a long time.

A new country is beginning to form in the chaos and confusion of Yemen’s civil war. A coup in Aden in late January 2018 has hastened the process.

The new Yemen has its roots in the period 1990 to 1994, when the Saudi-supported North Yemen and the Cuban/Soviet-supported South were forcibly united. The united Yemen was dominated by a clique surrounding North Yemen president Abdullah Saleh.

Although he eventually appointed a southerner – Soviet-trained Maj. Gen. Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi as his vice president, Saleh ruled the country like a family enterprise. He appointed his son, nephews and other members of his family and tribe to all important positions of the military and the state.

All the power, and most of development, were concentrated in Sana’a, and the Saleh clique had the final word in every single state affair.

Saleh and his clique tended to disparage the southerners as “Eritreans” and “Indians,” because Aden was predominantly populated by people who came the region as laborers during the British colonial period.

Saleh and his clique likewise discriminated against many northerners, describing those of Zaidi origin as “backward.”

Saleh’s rule was supported by Saudi Arabia, but only to a certain degree. Keen to convert the Yemenis to their state religion – Wahabism – and also to have a plan B in the event they lost control over Saleh, the Saudis financed the movements of Yemeni Salafists. These includes the Islah Party, often described as the “Muslim Brotherhood of Yemen.”

Saleh initially cooperated with Salafists and appointed some of them to various positions of secondary importance. Before long, their growing influence became a matter of major concern for him.

In the mid-2000s, Saleh provoked a war with a movement of Zaidi youth, which became known as the Houthis. To fight the Houthis, the Yemeni military mostly deployed units affiliated with the Islah Party. For a while, the resulting war worked in Saleh’s favor, especially as both sides suffered extensive losses.

When that conflict embroiled Saudi Arabia in 2009, Saleh’s intelligence services several times attempted to have his major competitor, Islah-affiliated Maj. Gen. Ali Mohsen Al Ahmar, assassinated by way of Saudi air strikes.

There were deep rifts within the Yemeni military. These became obvious when Saleh was forced to step down in 2011. As the new president, Hadi introduced sweeping reforms of the military and the state, all designed to purge both of Saleh’s clique.

His reforms backfired. By 2014, nearly all of the military had mutinied against his rule. Other units, including much of the Yemeni air force, were still commanded by Saleh’s relatives.

During the same year, Saudi Arabia declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization. Correspondingly, it stopped all support for the power-block centered on the Islah Party.

The Houthis seized on the chaos and made an unopposed advance into the Yemeni capital in September 2014. As opportunistic as ever, Saleh quickly sided with the Houthis, forming a coalition that attracted up to 60 percent of the Yemeni military.

The rest of the military – and thus the entire country – followed in fashion. Al Ahmar’s units openly sided with the Islah block. Only a few units sided with Hadi, who never enjoyed popular support

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/w...the-end-is-near-great-article-inside.3705777/

Despite the missteps I'm pretty happy it has been America at the forefront and not a lot of other, shithole countries.

A new country is beginning to form in the chaos and confusion of Yemen’s civil war. A coup in Aden in late January 2018 has hastened the process.

The new Yemen has its roots in the period 1990 to 1994, when the Saudi-supported North Yemen and the Cuban/Soviet-supported South were forcibly united. The united Yemen was dominated by a clique surrounding North Yemen president Abdullah Saleh.

Although he eventually appointed a southerner – Soviet-trained Maj. Gen. Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi as his vice president, Saleh ruled the country like a family enterprise. He appointed his son, nephews and other members of his family and tribe to all important positions of the military and the state.

All the power, and most of development, were concentrated in Sana’a, and the Saleh clique had the final word in every single state affair.

Saleh and his clique tended to disparage the southerners as “Eritreans” and “Indians,” because Aden was predominantly populated by people who came the region as laborers during the British colonial period.

Saleh and his clique likewise discriminated against many northerners, describing those of Zaidi origin as “backward.”

Saleh’s rule was supported by Saudi Arabia, but only to a certain degree. Keen to convert the Yemenis to their state religion – Wahabism – and also to have a plan B in the event they lost control over Saleh, the Saudis financed the movements of Yemeni Salafists. These includes the Islah Party, often described as the “Muslim Brotherhood of Yemen.”

Saleh initially cooperated with Salafists and appointed some of them to various positions of secondary importance. Before long, their growing influence became a matter of major concern for him.

In the mid-2000s, Saleh provoked a war with a movement of Zaidi youth, which became known as the Houthis. To fight the Houthis, the Yemeni military mostly deployed units affiliated with the Islah Party. For a while, the resulting war worked in Saleh’s favor, especially as both sides suffered extensive losses.

When that conflict embroiled Saudi Arabia in 2009, Saleh’s intelligence services several times attempted to have his major competitor, Islah-affiliated Maj. Gen. Ali Mohsen Al Ahmar, assassinated by way of Saudi air strikes.

There were deep rifts within the Yemeni military. These became obvious when Saleh was forced to step down in 2011. As the new president, Hadi introduced sweeping reforms of the military and the state, all designed to purge both of Saleh’s clique.

His reforms backfired. By 2014, nearly all of the military had mutinied against his rule. Other units, including much of the Yemeni air force, were still commanded by Saleh’s relatives.

During the same year, Saudi Arabia declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization. Correspondingly, it stopped all support for the power-block centered on the Islah Party.

The Houthis seized on the chaos and made an unopposed advance into the Yemeni capital in September 2014. As opportunistic as ever, Saleh quickly sided with the Houthis, forming a coalition that attracted up to 60 percent of the Yemeni military.

The rest of the military – and thus the entire country – followed in fashion. Al Ahmar’s units openly sided with the Islah block. Only a few units sided with Hadi, who never enjoyed popular support

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/w...the-end-is-near-great-article-inside.3705777/

See, it is more complex.

Back to 1962

Yemen's war is far more complex than a Saudi-Iranian, Sunni-Shia conflict.
Yemen was ruled for a millennium by Zaydi Shia imams until 1962, and the Houthis were founded as a Zaydi Shia revivalist movement. However, the Houthis have not called for restoring the imamate in Yemen, and religious grievances have not been a major factor in the war. Rather, the Houthis' demands have been primarily economic and political in nature.

See, it is more complex.

Back to 1962

Yemen's war is far more complex than a Saudi-Iranian, Sunni-Shia conflict.
Yemen was ruled for a millennium by Zaydi Shia imams until 1962, and the Houthis were founded as a Zaydi Shia revivalist movement. However, the Houthis have not called for restoring the imamate in Yemen, and religious grievances have not been a major factor in the war. Rather, the Houthis' demands have been primarily economic and political in nature.

Well let me make it simple.

There is no war in Yemen without Saudi interference, and the Saudis couldn't interfere without US weapons.

The coalition includes Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Sudan and Senegal. Several of these countries have sent troops to fight on the ground in Yemen, while others have only carried out air attacks.

Why does Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Sudan, and Senegal not get mentioned, it seems only Israel, Saudi, and USA in this mess?

Well let me make it simple.

There is no war in Yemen without Saudi interference, and the Saudis couldn't interfere without US weapons.

The conflict was going on 11 years before Saudi got involved and the roots of the problem appear to go back to the 60s.

Back