Why not pay for the wall like so??

Citizen donations could be a help too.
Id put 10k out there towards the wall if I got to decorate a section how I wanted it. :D

Thats an excellent idea if you ask me.

With the money Trump saves from renegotiating NAFTA with Mexico, he can use to pay for the Wall, and in essence as he said before Mexico is in fact paying for the wall

With the money Trump saves from renegotiating NAFTA with Mexico, he can use to pay for the Wall, and in essence as he said before Mexico is in fact paying for the wall

How does the US government save money by renegotiating NAFTA?

Can you explain?

It's going to be 1000 miles long. That's a lot of advertising space.
Just sayin'.

You could also rent out water cannons filled with pepper spray, and let people man the guard towers in case some border jumpers approach with a ladder. Rent out night vision goggles, paintball mace guns, bean bag shotguns, cattle prod tazers if they got too close... The options are endless. All non-lethal of course. Nobody needs to die , just get the point through that if you want to come live here, you gotta do it the right way.

Be a fun bachelor party weekend for those looking for something a little different.

Interesting.

Go on......

American's still think their tax money directly funded abortions?

Because that's still us and not Mexico paying for it.

How does the US government save money by renegotiating NAFTA?

Can you explain?

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Why would US want to renegotiate if there was no financial incentive to do so? Why would Mexico be resisting the renegotiation if there was not much to lose from their side?

And also I was making a joke, by the way

You morons are not taking into account how long this fucking wall is going to take to build.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Why would US want to renegotiate if there was no financial incentive to do so? Why would Mexico be resisting the renegotiation if there was not much to lose from their side?

Trade agreements benefit US companies, not the US government. The government doesn't actually do the trading. They do however benefit from potential tariffs and taxes.

It's going to take a while, possibly years to renegotiate NAFTA, and a similar amount of time if not more to feel the benefits of any new trade. The talk is now is waiting for the UK to finish Brexit, and they haven't even started that yet. Eventually, contingent on the negotiations going well and the new deal does benefit our country, the US government might see a small increase in tax revenue, but that's highly speculative.

Basically, a new NAFTA deal isn't going to pay for the wall tomorrow, potentially not even during Trump's presidency.

How is he going to get Congress to pay for it tomorrow?

It's going to be 1000 miles long. That's a lot of advertising space.
Just sayin'.

You could also rent out water cannons filled with pepper spray, and let people man the guard towers in case some border jumpers approach with a ladder. Rent out night vision goggles, paintball mace guns, bean bag shotguns, cattle prod tazers if they got too close... The options are endless. All non-lethal of course. Nobody needs to die , just get the point through that if you want to come live here, you gotta do it the right way.

Be a fun bachelor party weekend for those looking for something a little different.
<36>

Because that's still us and not Mexico paying for it.

Who cares? If we ever get the dough from Mexico in any form we'll consider it reimbursed. In the meantime there's a certain poetic justice to the fact that these liberal cities refusal to enforce the law is funding the wall to enforce our borders.

Who cares? If we ever get the dough from Mexico in any form we'll consider it reimbursed. In the meantime there's a certain poetic justice to the fact that these liberal cities refusal to enforce the law is funding the wall to enforce our borders.

I care and I won't consider us reimbursed.

There's no poetic justice to liberal cities funding the wall. Liberal cities don't enforce the border, immigration law is the fed's responsibility, etc. There's no poetic justice there.

Making Mexico pay for the wall is poetic justice since they are the primary source of illegal immigrants. Sanctuary cities are American cities that have illegal immigrants due to the fed's failure to control the border and then crying like a little bitch because the states don't bend over backwards to do the fed's job.

Legally, the states and the sanctuary cities can't enforce immigration law so legally they can't hold illegal immigrants for being illegal. They can be (and should be) more cooperative but it's not their job.

So when the fed decides to finally do it's job and manage our borders, I don't want Americans, sanctuary cities or not, being forced to pay for the shit. We already paid for it with our taxes. So get Mexico to pay for the wall or use the money we already give them to manage the border.

I'm not going to get distracted by some emotional vendetta against American cities just because I don't agree with them.

The wall will achieve nothing except being a huge stain on America for decades and sucking away billions of dollars for tax payers money. It's as stupid an idea as I've ever heard.

It's like a plan a 6 year old would think of.

What if the cities decide to stop sending money to the Fed?
You do realize how stupid you look for being a dem nuthugger and asking that question, right? Such an odd topic. Typically Republicans would be against expanding government and spending more money while you Democrats would be all for it.

I wonder. Will the Republicans be able to live with themselves knowing they threw billions at a stupid fence that people will climb over? And will Democrats threaten to stop paying federal taxes or actually go through with it?

Back