Why not pay for the wall like so??

kahiljabroni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Obviously do what you can with mexico. But wouldn't it be more effective to take the federal funding that you withhold from sanctuary cities and put it towards the wall? I heard today that it would be 1 billion from San Francisco alone. Then it must be 2-4 billion for ny. 2 billion for Chicago. .. and so on and so on.

With the number of defiant cities you could raise 20 billion in no time. And not only is it pragmatic it is also symbolic. ... Trump can then point to these sanitary cities and say "hey thanks for building the wall fellas... Keep up that protesting."

We can put the money we save from not paying for abortions towards it also.

Obviously do what you can with mexico. But wouldn't it be more effective to take the federal funding that you withhold from sanctuary cities and put it towards the wall? I heard today that it would be 1 billion from San Francisco alone. Then it must be 2-4 billion for ny. 2 billion for Chicago. .. and so on and so on.

With the number of defiant cities you could raise 20 billion in no time. And not only is it pragmatic it is also symbolic. ... Trump can then point to these sanitary cities and say "hey thanks for building the wall fellas... Keep up that protesting."
You want to provide any kind of actual stats to back up your figures?

Why not a moat we can call it the Rio Grande Moat
V9zD5O.gif

CRpjhx2UcAAArwh.jpg

Im pretty sure that all government spending must go through Congress, so its not like you can withold money from cities and use them for other things.

I dont know if there is money approved for a wall right now, but ill assume the bulk of it will have to wait until 2018 after the next budget passes.

CRpjhx2UcAAArwh.jpg

Im pretty sure that all government spending must go through Congress, so its not like you can withold money from cities and use them for other things.

I dont know if there is money approved for a wall right now, but ill assume the bulk of it will have to wait until 2018 after the next budget passes.

The money is already in the budget so if it is withheld it will have to go somewhere. Could he craft a executive order to divert the funds? Or maybe negotiate it in the next budget passing?

We can put the money we save from not paying for abortions towards it also.

What all zero.

You never paid for them you just allowed agencies to discuss the options honestly (which btw lead to less abortions).

You want to provide any kind of actual stats to back up your figures?

No I'm too lazy. I heard it on the radio today and didn't find it that hard to believe. Do you find it hard to believe that a major city like San Francisco would receive a billion in aid and grants?

The amounts really don't matter anyway. .. whatever it is... Throw it at the wall

in the year two thousand

Mexico will have a recession and Trump will claim that it's the cost of the wall. Ironically, he'll be correct.

in the year two thou-saaaaaaaaaaaand

The money is already in the budget so if it is withheld it will have to go somewhere. Could he craft a executive order to divert the funds? Or maybe negotiate it in the next budget passing?

Eh, no, if its withheld its withheld.

And he could spend on things not approved by congress i guess but i dont know how legal that would be.

My guess it that the DHS could use its own funding to start building a wall.

Citizen donations could be a help too.
Id put 10k out there towards the wall if I got to decorate a section how I wanted it. :D

Why not make two countries?

The Democratic states of America for all the modern profitable cities and the Republic of America for the povo and resource based ones?

What if the cities decide to stop sending money to the Fed?

in the year two thousand

Mexico will have a recession and Trump will claim that it's the cost of the wall. Ironically, he'll be correct.

in the year two thou-saaaaaaaaaaaand

It's as though they want to create more instability on our borders like that's going to fix anything.

Eh, no, if its withheld its withheld.

And he could spend on things not approved by congress i guess but i dont know how legal that would be.

My guess it that the DHS could use its own funding to start building a wall.

If it's in the budget and not dispersed then where does it go?..back to treasury?

In what way exactly?

By refusing the funnel the tax revenue they collect to the federal government.

New Yorkers are givers, not takers.

The state gets only 91 cents in federal funding for every dollar it sends to Washington — one of just 11 states that give more than they get, state Controller Thomas DiNapoli said in a report released Tuesday.

That’s far less than the average $1.22 that the 50 states combined got back in 2013 for every $1 they sent to the feds, the report found.

Back