Why not Ortiz vs Povetkin?

Breakfast Bar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think it's a 50/50 fight and both guys can agree to whatever level of (non) testing that they want.

Yeah would be an ok fight. One way to manage the cheaters, match them up.

The odds of the fight happening would pretty be low since both guys have to test clean at the same time. It's not like they can both agree to just be dirty and that makes it okay somehow. Everyone still has to be within the rules of boxing.

Unless you are Floyd and Connor and want gloves that are too small and a WBC diamond soaked belt for a pro-debut and karate chops to the back of the head to be legal.

I can see it now "Ecto cooler: Battle of the Juice Boxes."

I fucked with ecto cooler hardcore as an aphid in the '90's.

The odds of the fight happening would pretty be low since both guys have to test clean at the same time. It's not like they can both agree to just be dirty and that makes it okay somehow. Everyone still has to be within the rules of boxing.

Unless you are Floyd and Connor and want gloves that are too small and a WBC diamond soaked belt for a pro-debut and karate chops to the back of the head to be legal.
this.

but here's the thing, testing in boxing is often pretty damn lean. i know joshua and klitschko weren't in the testing program until the fight was announced, and neither were floyd and conor. that means you can get on whatever gear you want, as long as you flush it out of your system by the time they announce the fight. you'd be a damn fool if you didn't take anything in the off-season, or while you were negotiating the fight.

so ortiz and povetkin getting caught multiple times means they're fucking idiots, on top of being cheaters.

They could fight in Russia or several other venues without needing to adhere to any testing protocols, couldn’t they?

They could fight in Russia or several other venues without needing to adhere to any testing protocols, couldn’t they?

Nope.

Not without getting seriously punished by the belt organizations and commission they want to fight for. They'd lose ranking and possibly licenses and have to start from scratch which means testing clean against a dozen nobodies in off TV fights to make it back up to where they are right now.

They could have it on a barge in international waters.

The no.1 reason is that the fight does nothing for Ortiz.

Ortiz is current ranked no.2 by the Wilder Protection Bureau and No.1 by the WBA. He's due for a title shot, whether it's Wilder or Joshua.

Povetkin, on the other hand, is unranked by the protection bureau, 5th by WBA, 7th by WBO.

I love the WBC's policy on VADA testing. Big fan of it.

That being said, let these two cheats beat the brakes off each other.

I think Povetkin vs. Ortiz would be a big proverbial Cup in the hole....

Winner of the Juice Bowl takes Bane.

Lol it would be like fucking Golds gym with all the steroids

Back