Why no Von Flue Choke???

Indeed, but sometimes I've seen guys get guard back and finish it. Only if you have a really good choke and can get guard back easy but its possible.

Sometimes it just gets stuck, its a pretty easy sub to defend if you are semi-competent.

That's true. I guess I'm just happy to see it because we teach it regularly at my academy, and I've tapped a number of people with it, but everyone acts like it's this crazy unknown sub.

In class just the other day, another white belt was holding onto my neck after I got to side control and I really wish I had known this choke.

I basically ended up getting really aggravated and may have muscled my way out by putting my knee on his face and prying my head loose. Probably not the way to do it..

That's true. I guess I'm just happy to see it because we teach it regularly at my academy, and I've tapped a number of people with it, but everyone acts like it's this crazy unknown sub.

Yeah if haven't seen it you may not see it coming. I think Nikita had no clue at first.

I think Charles Oliveria did it once. He got guard back but didn't finish it. I believe it was the Edgar fight, but can't be sure.

I go for it at 3:15 and explain/show at end, his length and blocking my hip out/down stopped me

We just went over this technique in class last week. Then watching Ufc on Saturday and boom there it is funny how things work out sometimes.

That was a cool choke I hadn't seen before.

I'm just wondering how difficult it would be to get swept from that position?
I was watching it and thinking the fence prevented osp from getting swept.

Is that the case or is it actually very difficult to get swept from there?

That was a cool choke I hadn't seen before.

I'm just wondering how difficult it would be to get swept from that position?
I was watching it and thinking the fence prevented osp from getting swept.

Is that the case or is it actually very difficult to get swept from there?

It's difficult because there is so much pressure on your neck.

Oddly enough we were just talking about this choke on Thursday. :-D

It's a good choke and I use it quite a bit against guys who have wrestled since they tend to hang onto the head a little longer than most.

I get this choke a lot in straight bjj. Some people just like dat head control too much.

Honestly.....I've never messed with it....I've known about it, but have so many different tools from that scenario I don't ever use it. Maybe I should give it a go. Any nuances? Looks like all he's doing is dropping his weight into his shoulder and making sure the guy's head stays turned.

Back