Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

Khabib got putt down on his ass my the worst striker in MMA history. A glass jaw one dimensional, flat track can beater with no top 5 wins.

He just beat the GOAT, conor about two weeks ago so...yeah.....

He's already taken too many L's in his prime

I agree.

9-2 in the UFC
Won 2 belts
Knocked out the FW GOAT in 13 seconds.
Knocked out the LW champ with ease..

Yes he is an MMA great.. And likely not done. He will win more big fights..

And he got mauled by an undefeated guy thats still..undefeated.

Wake me up with someone else KO's the a 10 year undefeated P4P king in 13 seconds. And then moves up and dominates the champion at the next weight class up.

No one else will ever do this.

Like he said, he lost the battle. But he already won the war. I'd stop giving a shit too if I was in his shoes.

And Conor will NEVER be undefeated...so...crazy..Khabib crushed a guy that did everything you just posted.

Too many people here confuse that with ability.

AMEN!

Did he? Submitting Sonnen, a guy who has been submitted 9 times isn't very impressive. Hendo, he subbed after he nearly knocked him out and dropped him (which was crazy impressive btw). Lutter missed weight and then gassed out after winning the first round against Silva before being subbed.

I don't think anyone would call his BJJ good. Serviceable against stunned opponents yes but not his go to by any means.

I love how you try and minimize every submission Silva has to prop up Conor lol.
Wait..Conor has ZERO submissions.....and was only...submitted...
Amazingly bias view of Silva...i could do the same shit to conor...but meh...

All I know is people who don't like Conor can't stop making threads about him 2 weeks after he last fought.

Uhm..if im not mistaken, wasnt that one fo the highest view PPVs ever?
So..why wouldnt they?

Conor lost to Duffy in 38 seconds. Who Considers Duffy a GOAT?

LOL.

B..B..B...But conor was just getting staaarted!
And hes STILL getting tapped by the same rear naked choke.

Wasn't he the first to have two belts in two divisions simultaneously? Didn't he starch Aldo in 13 seconds stopping his almost 10 year undefeated streak? Didn't he fight Floyd in boxing without a single pro boxing bout on his record?

Yeah Conor will be in the history books. I think he's definitely a MMA great.

LOL.

Prior to his meetings with these guys they all had stellar records, except for iron chinned Diaz.

I've never seen anyone beat Holloway punch for punch like Conor.
Never seen Poirier KOd like that, never seen Aldo KOd like that...even Alvarez was only KOd once before, and by a larger man (WW).
Nate Diaz had never been dropped that many times from strikes or had a guy Conor's size who beat him punch for punch.

Yeah well, I've never seen McGregor tapped in 38 seconds like he was against Duffy, therefore Duffy must be a legend.

Since you're not smart, I'll explain the point to you: Poirier and Holloway have evolved as fighters, just like Conor has.

Yeah well, I've never seen McGregor tapped in 38 seconds like he was against Duffy, therefore Duffy must be a legend.

Since you're not smart, I'll explain the point to you: Poirier and Holloway have evolved as fighters, just like Conor has.

You can microanalyze other champions just the same way. You're drawing dumb boundaries for why he can't be an ATG.

You're making a stupid ass straw man as well. Total lack of critical thinking skills. Look at the sum of those performances. When has Duffy replicated that.

You can microanalyze other champions just the same way. You're drawing dumb boundaries for why he can't be an ATG.

You're making a stupid ass straw man as well. Total lack of critical thinking skills. Look at the sum of those performances. When has Duffy replicated that.

Khabib is 27-0.

He just beat the GOAT, conor about two weeks ago so...yeah.....

I agree.

And he got mauled by an undefeated guy thats still..undefeated.

And Conor will NEVER be undefeated...so...crazy..Khabib crushed a guy that did everything you just posted.

AMEN!

I love how you try and minimize every submission Silva has to prop up Conor lol.
Wait..Conor has ZERO submissions.....and was only...submitted...
Amazingly bias view of Silva...i could do the same shit to conor...but meh...

Uhm..if im not mistaken, wasnt that one fo the highest view PPVs ever?
So..why wouldnt they?

LOL.

B..B..B...But conor was just getting staaarted!
And hes STILL getting tapped by the same rear naked choke.
KO'ing the the p4p king in 13 seconds and then moving up and destroying the champ at the next weight class up is FAR more impressive than being undefeated. There are plenty of fighters who are undefeated, but none of them have accomplished what Conor has accomplished. And none of them ever will.

Sorry but you aren't going to win this one.

Here's a list of UFC greats, by number of title wins:

Title wins.JPG

Where's McGregor?

People with no money overrate money. Rhonda went into a deep, dark depression after her first loss even though she was rich. If Conor's so happy with his money now, why is he drinking 24/7?

People with no money also drink a lot, and they do drugs.

So, People with money and people with no money do the same things.

There are many good wrestling fighters were from the UFC

Did he? Submitting Sonnen, a guy who has been submitted 9 times isn't very impressive. Hendo, he subbed after he nearly knocked him out and dropped him (which was crazy impressive btw). Lutter missed weight and then gassed out after winning the first round against Silva before being subbed.

I don't think anyone would call his BJJ good. Serviceable against stunned opponents yes but not his go to by any means.
Lol

9-2 in the UFC
Won 2 belts
Knocked out the LW champ with ease..

Yes he is an MMA great.. And likely not done. He will win more big fights..

Good points, this is my theory...

The hype behind Conor was tremendous and only built with each win. Fighters got a little "star struck" and froze like a deer in headlights. Now that Conor has lost a couple of times, opponents are not going to be as star struck and will do what they can to expose his weaknesses, IF the UFC puts him in against wrestlers.

Conor can go down as one as a great, heck maybe even one of the best ever, but he will need to desperately work on his wrestling and BJJ. In addition, the UFC can't give him favorable match ups (not saying they have, but I can see them protecting their cash cow).

He goes down as one of the all time great. He had a really spectacular 145 run. There is this American obsession of never defeated but it just means you somewhat protected your record or didn't challenge yourself at new heights. If you look at the Thailand; the ones considered in running for GOATs all have a few dozen losses.

So, who has he subbed or out-wrestled?

Being an all time great isn't about being well rounded, it's about accomplishments and winning. Jose Aldo and Chuck LIddell are known as all time greats, when have you ever seen them sub anyone or out wrestle anyone?? Matt Hughes is an all time great and when has he ever KO'd anyone or shown high level stand up? Granted that Aldo has some solid ground skills, all his fights were won by standup. You put Khabib as an all time great?? This guy is as one dimensional as it gets. Regardless of that.....to be an all time great its about winning.

And speaking specifically about Conor and not the rest, well you can put Aldo in there cause he's still a relevant top fighter. So the guys who are relevant today, because mma has evolved I want to focus on that. To be a top fighter, you have to be able to beat all styles and in order to do that, you need a well rounded game. Both Aldo and Conor have beaten top strikers, wrestlers, bjj guys, and they did it by developing the defensive skills to shut their game down and use their offensive skills to win. So yah....they are well rounded, its not all about offense.

Take a guy like Max Holloway, primarily a stand up fighter who doesnt show us a ground game. Suppose he goes on to defend the FW belt 5 more times and wins the LW belt, and its all by KO. Is he not an all time great?

This is mixed martial arts people. You can't be a great, goat or a legend without being well rounded in all areas. All of these fighters, who are frequently mentioned as all-time greats are good with their hands and also solid on the ground.

- Jon Jones
- GSP
- Anderson Silva
- Fedor
- Khabib

McGregor is a one-dimensional boxer and as Khabib has proven, Conor's even over-rated in that area.
This 1 is going to make the McGregor fanboys asses sting.

You bring Jones the cheater eye poker, the spider roider and Fedor the one who was in Pride???? Shame on you

Wake me up with someone else KO's the a 10 year undefeated P4P king in 13 seconds. And then moves up and dominates the champion at the next weight class up.

Conor marked his place in the history books forever when he knocked Aldo out in 13 secs. that's a legendary act.

Didn't he starch Aldo in 13 seconds stopping his almost 10 year undefeated streak?

KO'ing the the p4p king in 13 seconds and then moving up and destroying the champ at the next weight class up is FAR more impressive than being undefeated.

LOL @ Conor fanboys latching on to his Aldo KO. By that logic, Weidman and Werdum should be MMA greats too. Conor ran from FW after winning Aldo because he was afraid of getting Dos Santos'd.

And then the supposedly "best striker", or so his fanboys claim, got bitch-slapped and tapped out by zero-prep Nate fuckin' Diaz, and then only barely managed to win Diaz in a rematch by deciding to kick more - an adjustment that a truly good striker with good fight IQ would've made during the first fight.

Back