Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

I agree he doesn't deserve to be there yet...just mentioned him because he just humiliated a man many here think is a legend, Conor.

i don't like Conor as much as the next guy, but he IS a legend.

he probably won't ever be a GOAT because i doubt he'll continue his career long enough to be considered one but he's most definitely a legend.

Conor marked his place in the history books forever when he knocked Aldo out in 13 secs. that's a legendary act. he marked his place in history when he became the most popular MMA fighter on earth and when he became the highest paid MMA fighter in history.

all of those things are legendary acts, BUT his career isn't a GOAT career and most likely never will be.

Minus beating Aldo his recoord is extremely padded. Never defended a belt. two and two at LW/ww. With a split DEC win and two tap losses. He's exposed
how is his record padded? :D he has been Alvarez, Diaz, Mendes, Aldo, Porier and Holloway but its padded?

All I know is people who don't like Conor can't stop making threads about him 2 weeks after he last fought.

It's much easier to argue that KO'ing a "gotten to" Aldo in 13 seconds is a fluke, than being dominated in every area against Khabib for 4 rounds.
I'm not saying he didn't get dominated by Khabib.

I'm just saying no fighter on your list has achieved what McGregor has already accomplished. And none of them ever will. Khabib will have to move up to 170 and beat the fuck out of Tyron. Good luck with that Khabib.

EDIT: Also, you're last sentence is factually incorrect. Every judge gave McGregor the 3rd round.

Did he? Submitting Sonnen, a guy who has been submitted 9 times isn't very impressive. Hendo, he subbed after he nearly knocked him out and dropped him (which was crazy impressive btw). Lutter missed weight and then gassed out after winning the first round against Silva before being subbed.

I don't think anyone would call his BJJ good. Serviceable against stunned opponents yes but not his go to by any means.

Yeah well, still 100 times better than Conor....

i don't like Conor as much as the next guy, but he IS a legend.

he probably won't ever be a GOAT because i doubt he'll continue his career long enough to be considered one but he's most definitely a legend.

Conor marked his place in the history books forever when he knocked Aldo out in 13 secs. that's a legendary act. he marked his place in history when he became the most popular MMA fighter on earth and when he became the highest paid MMA fighter in history.

all of those things are legendary acts, BUT his career isn't a GOAT career and most likely never will be.

Oliver McCall KO'd Lennox Lewis in 2 rounds, and then was literally made to cry in the rematch. Flukes happen. And I'm not an Aldo fan at all.

and that's the bottom line, because "whitebelt4life" said so...

<{cruzshake}>

<3>

Ivan Buchinger - KO
Max Holloway - dominant UD
Poirier - KO
Mendes - KO
Aldo - KO
Diaz - UD
Alvarez - KO

Solid fking pro resume highlights.

He's really not any worse than Khabib, the difference is that unlike Khabib, he actually fought the best above the weight class he destroyed.

Put Khabib up to 170 and see what he does, same deal with Conor, he's just either delusional enough or wants money more than legacy to fight probably the best or top 3 best 55er OAT.

When it comes to earnings he’s the goat

Oliver McCall KO'd Lennox Lewis in 2 rounds, and then was literally made to cry in the rematch. Flukes happen. And I'm not an Aldo fan at all.

flukes do happen, but it's hard to call it a fluke when McGregor called the fight and was practicing the exact same counter left moments before the fight.

the fluke isn't that it happened anyway, the fluke is that McGregor had gotten to Aldo. that's what everyone should be thinking about. will Aldo be gotten to in a rematch? if not, he could make it a possible fight. if the answer is yes, he will be, then i think he will be KO'd again.

Conor has legitimate skills and real power at 145lbs, even an Aldo on his A game will be put to the test against a focused McGregor.

Ivan Buchinger - KO
Max Holloway - dominant UD
Poirier - KO
Mendes - KO
Aldo - KO
Diaz - UD
Alvarez - KO

Solid fking pro resume highlights.

Every fighter looks good if you leave out the losses.

Every fighter looks good if you leave out the losses.

LOL.

Prior to his meetings with these guys they all had stellar records, except for iron chinned Diaz.

I've never seen anyone beat Holloway punch for punch like Conor.
Never seen Poirier KOd like that, never seen Aldo KOd like that...even Alvarez was only KOd once before, and by a larger man (WW).
Nate Diaz had never been dropped that many times from strikes or had a guy Conor's size who beat him punch for punch.

Back