Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

He never owned a division for years like the true greats. They cleared their divisions and racked up multiple title defenses.

He's already taken too many L's in his prime

Not at all.. Rampage came to the UFC 25-6 having taken bad losses to Wandy twice, and Shogun to name a few.. He won the belt, and had a great career in the UFC. Conor is only 30. The motivation for him is everything. Is he motivated to do this for a few more years?

He's the GOAT at making money in mma. Can't deny him that..

Wake me up with someone else KO's the a 10 year undefeated P4P king in 13 seconds. And then moves up and dominates the champion at the next weight class up.

No one else will ever do this.

Like he said, he lost the battle. But he already won the war. I'd stop giving a shit too if I was in his shoes.

So, who has he subbed or out-wrestled?

He just needs to be able to win.

He's been able to stuff takedowns or escape from mounts several times. Chael Sonnen says that's enough. And I agree. The bare minimum to get you back to your strengths is enough.

Winning a lot makes you an MMA great, in a simplified standard.

Money talks. He will be remembered over all on your list.
200w.gif
He MAY be remembered but only as a loud mouth...I could elaborate further but I won't waste my time

This is mixed martial arts people. You can't be a great, goat or a legend without being well rounded in all areas. All of these fighters, who are frequently mentioned as all-time greats are good with their hands and also solid on the ground.

- Jon Jones
- GSP
- Anderson Silva
- Fedor
- Khabib

McGregor is a one-dimensional boxer and as Khabib has proven, Conor's even over-rated in that area.

Anderson Silva had virtually no wrestling. He is the proto-type for striking wizardry. His style is actually much more similar to McGregor's than a lot of other fighters.

He just happened to be a good enough striker to be able to beat some top wrestlers before they could implement their game (Hendo for example).

Minus beating Aldo his recoord is extremely padded. Never defended a belt. two and two at LW/ww. With a split DEC win and two tap losses. He's exposed

Wake me up with someone else KO's the a 10 year undefeated P4P king in 13 seconds. And then moves up and dominates the champion at the next weight class up.

No one else will ever do this.

Like he said, he lost the battle. But he already won the war. I'd stop giving a shit too if I was in his shoes.

It's much easier to argue that KO'ing a "gotten to" Aldo in 13 seconds is a fluke, than being dominated in every area against Khabib for 4 rounds.

Mentions one dimensional, puts khabib among the goats

Lol

Anderson Silva had virtually no wrestling. He is the proto-type for striking wizardry. His style is actually much more similar to McGregor's than a lot of other fighters.

He just happened to be a good enough striker to be able to beat some top wrestlers before they could implement their game (Hendo for example).

He had solid Jujitsu though...

two questions-

-how do you get out of an inverted lambo or other car with scissor doors?

- do you have to re-calibrate your speedometer when you change wheel/tire sizes?

9-2 in the UFC
Won 2 belts
Knocked out the FW GOAT in 13 seconds.
Knocked out the LW champ with ease..

Yes he is an MMA great.. And likely not done. He will win more big fights..

Smoke & Mirrors man...

It's like there's never any middle ground with his biggest supporters or his biggest haters - He's either the greatest thing that's ever graced the octagon, or an overrated mid-tier player who's benefitted from very gracious promoting and carefully handpicked opponents.

The truth: He IS an all time great, easily better/more accomplished than the (vast) majority of fighters, he's just not the GOAT.

Khabib got putt down on his ass my the worst striker in MMA history. A glass jaw one dimensional, flat track can beater with no top 5 wins.

How you going to go around calling someone a glass jaw when he has NEVER been ko'd or even dropped ? Khabib has a good chin from what we've seen so far.

He had solid Jujitsu though...

Did he? Submitting Sonnen, a guy who has been submitted 9 times isn't very impressive. Hendo, he subbed after he nearly knocked him out and dropped him (which was crazy impressive btw). Lutter missed weight and then gassed out after winning the first round against Silva before being subbed.

I don't think anyone would call his BJJ good. Serviceable against stunned opponents yes but not his go to by any means.

Who is McGregor? Never heard of him.

Back