Why Krav Maga is Garbage, and Wrestling/BJJ/Boxing isn't so bad

There's a difference between fighting and self-defense, the difference being choice.

And no, this video is not BS. The asshole kept shoving at the martial artist, so the martial artist reacted with a simple takedown.

It is a fake and staged. You do that crap for real and going to get hurt.

It is a fake and staged. You do that crap for real and going to get hurt.
I love how he tries to prove his deadly street techniques by posting a fake video of a shoving match. LOL

I love how he tries to prove his deadly street techniques by posting a fake video of a shoving match. LOL

Maybe he does not know the difference.

Well anyway.

My student that trains Bjj and also cross train in judo. He is one of our hybrid that take the opportunity to train both styles in our dojo.

He is a university degree graduate in bachelor of art in sociology and criminology.
Ex bouncer, now works a prison warden but does not like to be call like that. I think it a correctional officer.

Well anyway. A gang member tried to shank him and he is still alive because of him wearing a protective jacket and his judo skill to grip fighting and judo threw him and smash him on the ground after disarming him.

Two karate teachers defend against typical thugs:

Could these guys win an MMA fight? Probably not. Do they care? Probably not. They train for self-defense and, when the shit hit the fan, their training saved them. What more can you ask for?

I think what irritates me is when MMA guys claim that TMA is useless in self-defense. The only real weakness of most TMAs is that they developed with the assumption that one's opponent would be unskilled--which was true in history, and still is, to a lesser extent. But so what? TMAs also focus on tactics forbidden in MMA, like nukite strikes to the throat or whatever.

Actually these 2 videos are terrible examples as well.

In video 1, just like video of kung fu dude, in self defense you should never let someone that close to your face that you can smell their breath. I got head butted in the past and that is not fun. That so called skin head did not even throw a punch I think so congrats on hitting a yelling man.

Video 2 is a bad example as well I believe the pimp was drunk on booze or drugs already because he could barely walk. Congrats on hitting someone like that. It is embarrassing.

I like all martial arts...respect all and fear none....etc. But you are really not helping your cause with your posts.

I Google krav maga in my city and the first search was a picture of a woman kicking a training partner in his genitals.

If people wants to pay money to kick each other in the genitals so be it.

I prefer the principal of randori.
We take out dangerous techniques for safety purposes and agree to use the rest of the techniques at 100% resistance.

Krav maga is the exactly the opposite of the above. They take the most dangerous technique and drill them at low % of resistence. Which in my opinion makes it a waste of time.

Last edited:
Two karate teachers defend against typical thugs:

Could these guys win an MMA fight? Probably not. Do they care? Probably not. They train for self-defense and, when the shit hit the fan, their training saved them. What more can you ask for?

I think what irritates me is when MMA guys claim that TMA is useless in self-defense. The only real weakness of most TMAs is that they developed with the assumption that one's opponent would be unskilled--which was true in history, and still is, to a lesser extent. But so what? TMAs also focus on tactics forbidden in MMA, like nukite strikes to the throat or whatever.

Dude in the first video has absolutely zero situational awareness. If you let a guy get in your face and have your hands down, you already fucked up.

Since the topic of a knife fight was brought up..I want to put my theory to the test..

I actually think a person with a knife against either someone with a boxing or MT background is actually more at a disadvantage..more than likely, the guy holding the knife (in his right hand for example) is not going to try and throw a jab at you or kick you..so you really only have one threat to watch out for..the boxer, you have 2 weapons in your arsenal, the MT guy has 8..so it's really all about controlling the distance..

Thoughts?
The most effective knife defence story I know of was a Junior HW boxer who got a knife pulled on him. His defence was to throw a straight right to the attackers jaw who promptly fell unconscious. The boxer survived the incident completely unscathed, no cuts. If someone pulls a knife on me and I can't run then I know what I'm going to do.

If Guy Mezger, trained and conditioned athlete & seasoned fighter who isn't fearful of violence can't get a knife away from someone, neither will majority of the couch-riding potato chip eating American population.
Guy Mezger said he didn't even see the knife. How are you supposed to defend against something you didn't even see?

The most effective knife defence story I know of was a Junior HW boxer who got a knife pulled on him. His defence was to throw a straight right to the attackers jaw who promptly fell unconscious. The boxer survived the incident completely unscathed, no cuts. If someone pulls a knife on me and I can't run then I know what I'm going to do.

Punching the guy is about the most stupid thjng you can do, fight the knife, that's common sense, he's got a longer reach and if you don't knock him out, your dead.

Punching the guy is about the most stupid thjng you can do, fight the knife, that's common sense, he's got a longer reach and if you don't knock him out, your dead.

LOL really? The knife man ended up unconscious and the boxer survived without a scratch on him, seems like it worked out pretty well. If you are confident in your power then why not? I've flattened quite a few people with single shots so I'd be willing to go for this approach. I think it makes perfect sense as the armed attacker isn't thinking about protecting his jaw at all, he's more concerned with offence. Sure if the guy doesn't get KO'd from the get go then fight the knife but at least you distracted him at the very least. Do you think it's going to be easier or harder to grab the knife arm after landing a heavy shot on the guys jaw?

Now what would be stupid is trying to kick the knife out of the guys hand. There was a pretty infamous case in the UK quite some years back where a road rage incident ended up with one guy being stabbed to death. Apparently he was a kickboxer and thought he could kick the knife out of the guys hand. He ended up dead.

LOL really? The knife man ended up unconscious and the boxer survived without a scratch on him, seems like it worked out pretty well. If you are confident in your power then why not? I've flattened quite a few people with single shots so I'd be willing to go for this approach. I think it makes perfect sense as the armed attacker isn't thinking about protecting his jaw at all, he's more concerned with offence. Sure if the guy doesn't get KO'd from the get go then fight the knife but at least you distracted him at the very least. Do you think it's going to be easier or harder to grab the knife arm after landing a heavy shot on the guys jaw?

Now what would be stupid is trying to kick the knife out of the guys hand. There was a pretty infamous case in the UK quite some years back where a road rage incident ended up with one guy being stabbed to death. Apparently he was a kickboxer and thought he could kick the knife out of the guys hand. He ended up dead.

So caused it happened one time that's how is gong to be always? I'm no expert with weapons, but to fist fight a dude who's got a knife sounds quite silly

So caused it happened one time that's how is gong to be always? I'm no expert with weapons, but to fist fight a dude who's got a knife sounds quite silly
Well what would you do if you couldn't run?

Well what would you do if you couldn't run?

your options are quit bad, but hes got a knife and you a fist, it sounds utterly stupid to square up and try to punch him... you know how many people have been stabbed to death trying to fight his attacker? what do you think normal people do whne fighting soeone? try to punch in the face, just to get stabbed right away.

Any single SD instructor will tell you, first you fight then knife, then you try to get the fuck out. Just caused some dude had success doesnt mean you will.

here...

not saying is going to work for sure, but it is somethig better than try to get in a fist fight with someone holding a knife.

Actually these 2 videos are terrible examples as well.

In video 1, just like video of kung fu dude, in self defense you should never let someone that close to your face that you can smell their breath. I got head butted in the past and that is not fun. That so called skin head did not even throw a punch I think so congrats on hitting a yelling man.

You're essentially complaining because the guy hit by surprise. Well, the attacker forfits honor by attacking. Also, self-defense isn't about honor.

Video 2 is a bad example as well I believe the pimp was drunk on booze or drugs already because he could barely walk. Congrats on hitting someone like that. It is embarrassing.

Again, self-defense isn't about honor. The karate guy told the pimp to stop beating on his girls, then walked away. The pimp got pissy and decided to fight, so the karate guy had two options: get hit or hit.

I like all martial arts...respect all and fear none....etc. But you are really not helping your cause with your posts.

I realize that this forum is full of brainwashed MMA guys. It's like trying to reason with Trump supporters or Evangelicals.

The videos were meant to show that you don't need to be some MMA guy to defend yourself. Any fighting skills give you an advantage over the average attacker, which my videos show adequately.

Can a karate guy beat an MMA meathead? Maybe not, but who cares? An MMA meathead will probably lose to a guy with a weapon anyway, which is what an attacker is far more likely to have than not.

Strikes to the throat are not forbidden...

well its obvious you are a larper, unconcius larper, but a larper at the end... Who ever is feeding you with these larpers ideas, dont listen to him, stop larping and get for real. Your instructor is living out of your larping life, so its obvious hes going to be feeding bs he has no fucking clue, like "we are too deadly for the UFC" type of shit... bottom line if you want to be able to defend your self, dont larp, train.

What's a "larper"? Anyway, I currently don't have an instructor in anything, so you can quit being patronizing. My main training is in Shotokan karate, though I've spent some time studying traditial jujitsu and western boxing. I'm somewhat competent in weapons, too.

The point is I'm not talking from an anti-grappling place. I simply believe that, with the exception of some simple techniques, it's overkill in legitimate self-defense and that simple strikes are enough to stop an assailant.

What's a "larper"? Anyway, I currently don't have an instructor in anything, so you can quit being patronizing. My main training is in Shotokan karate, though I've spent some time studying traditial jujitsu and western boxing. I'm somewhat competent in weapons, too.

The point is I'm not talking from an anti-grappling place. I simply believe that, with the exception of some simple techniques, it's overkill in legitimate self-defense and that simple strikes are enough to stop an assailant.

google what larper means.

the best sd system is the one that prepares the best all around fighter, its quite simple, mma is the best sd system, kung fu krav maga and all the other type of crap are a bunch of larpers pretending to be deadly weapons.

if you are not getting your info from someone, then do yourself a favor and inform yourself before talking out of your ass, its quite easy, again, google is your friend.

People over estimate the effects of these "no rules" systems

Firstly you aren't go to eye gouge or throat strike someone who is a superior striker to you

Sparring is in my opinion the most crucial part of preparing for real combat, at least for beginners

And as far as multiple opponents or armed attackers go, unless your attackers are completely incompetent you will lose if you try and take them on head to head.

What are the chances of getting attacked by a "superior striker"? It's a slim chance, sure, but there are likelier possibilities, like your attacker being armed.

Regarding your comment on "dirty" tactics, what good is grappling if the guy you're grappling desperately grabs your balls and pulls them off? Or rips out your eyes if he's that desperate to get free? Back in the 80s there was a street fighter in my area (Wilkes-Barre, PA) who was known to bite off appendages if the fight went to the ground. One time he famously bit off the tip of a guy's nose and swallowed it so the guy couldn't attempt to retrieve it.

So if some violent assailant, who's most likely nervous and shaky with adrenaline to begin with, comes at you and you grapple him, he might not be as complaint as your sparring parter at the gym. Some fancy BJJ move that puts your groin in his face isn't exactly smart.

your options are quit bad, but hes got a knife and you a fist, it sounds utterly stupid to square up and try to punch him... you know how many people have been stabbed to death trying to fight his attacker? what do you think normal people do whne fighting soeone? try to punch in the face, just to get stabbed right away.

Any single SD instructor will tell you, first you fight then knife, then you try to get the fuck out. Just caused some dude had success doesnt mean you will.

here...

not saying is going to work for sure, but it is somethig better than try to get in a fist fight with someone holding a knife.

I'm not going to fist fight as you put it. Ideally he'll go down with the first shot. If he doesn't go down then I'm using that moment where he's still reacting to the punch to close and go for the knife arm.

Back