Why Jose Aldo doesnt get the respect he deserves from the MMA fans ?

I don't think Aldo is as far gone as a lot of people think

His performance at ufc 200 was an absolute masterpiece, and he looked like he was on his way to an easy win in the first Holloway fight

His chin is pretty shot, but his physical abilities are still incredible

Doesn't he have the record for pulling out of the most fights ?

Because a lot of casual fans saw him get destroyed by Conor very quickly and then later he got destroyed twice by Max. 2015-2017 he went 1-3. Sad really because he is the FW goat

Aldo mistakes.

-Should have move up to LW to fight Pettis. Lose or win doesn't matter, he's gonna be known as an awesome champion, but he didn't. If Aldo have fought Pettis back then, we would have a legendary bout.

-Got starch by Conor in 13 seconds.
-Got beaten by Max twice the same way, same round, almost same time.

I love Aldo, but he won't be the GOAT FW.

From what I see he does get respect. It's only crazy Conor fans who shit on him and unfortunately they are a plague.

There were idiots who unfairly criticized him a couple of years before McGregor emerged.

I remember getting lumped in with them because I was highly critical of Barao when both guys were champions.

His early fights where soccer kicks were allowed he looked unstoppable.

because america is backwards and they respect people who talk shit for some reason.

A lot of his better performances predate his UFC days, so people automatically assume that they weren't impressive.

Never been a fan of his but his resume is insane. EASILY a top 5 goat, I have him top 3.

Put his resume directly next to someone like Fedor’s, and you’ll see it’s simply more impressive. His win streak and championship run were full of better competition and he beat them in dominant fashion.

Because he cares for himself more than his fans.

He is up there among the top 10-15 greatest careers.

Only annoying Colon faboys with their "13 seconds" nonsense disrespect the man.

Lol at top 10 to 15. He’s without question top 5, even if you include the roid cheats.

Lol at top 10 to 15. He’s without question top 5, even if you include the roid cheats.

In retrospect, I meant to say top 10- top 5.

Hard to say where, there are a few fighters who might have less "solid" streaks of winning, but fought more consistently exciting fights or risked it vs more dangerous opponents. Either way it is hardly a place to be ashamed of. I place him just below the classical "Fedor, GSP, Anderson" trifecta, kind of hard to say from there. All time legend for sure.

Re roiding, if you are at the top level, I automatically suspect you are doing it, so that doesn't add or take away from Aldo as far as I am concerned. He did not flunk like some, so thats something I guess.

He was a finisher in the WEC but played it safe in the UFC. And steroids

I'm surprised it took this long for this comment, but to be clear he never failed a blood test. I considered him an all timer prior to the pissgate debacle - and calling it merely a debacle isn't doing it justice.
A brief summary from memory:
1. Tester can't find Aldo - nobody knows where he is.
2. He shows up a day or so later - sample is taken.
3. Random cop training at gym somehow knows about foreign worker permits/certifications and tester doesn't have proper paperwork.
4. An agreement is reached whereby a Brazilian sporting authority rep will collect urine specimen.
5. Specimen is produced and Aldo trips walking it over to collector and spills it.
6. A while later, another specimen is produced, and voila, almost 3 days later, a urine sample is collected.

Call all these shenanigans what you will (debacle, fiasco, cluster fuck - all are acceptable), but he was no longer in the running for me as an all time great.

Back