Why Jon Jones probably isn’t getting a 4-year suspension

Doesn't matter. 4 years, 3 years or 2 years his career is done.
Josh Barnett is still fighting. I think a 4 year suspension would be a career killer unless he puts in the necessary hours for no incentive except staying in championship form. A 2 year suspension would hurt but it's survivable.

Personally I think he's going to make an example of. 4 years incoming.

Is this a fact? Wasn't there a ruling from usada on this site? That said neglect?
USADA didn't issue the ruling of "neglect." They just handed down the suspension, which was the MAX suspension he could receive for a first offense. The Arbitrators determined "neglect", not USADA. Fact: He had two banned substances in his system... Fact: He was given the MAXIMUM suspension for this offense.

Spin: He was guilty of negligence by taking a supplement that was tainted (dick pill), so he was, basically, innocent of using banned substances or steroids.

Jones has been playing Russian Roulette with second chances. Taking advantage of other people's leniency and generosity usually doesn't end well, and if were Jones, I'd be pretty worried right about now.

If he doesn't have a healthy bankroll saved up, he should practice flipping burgers just in case.

Hopefully he gets off for a tainted supplement

Dick pill 2.0

USADA didn't issue the ruling of "neglect." They just handed down the suspension, which was the MAX suspension he could receive for a first offense. The Arbitrators determined "neglect", not USADA. Fact: He had two banned substances in his system... Fact: He was given the MAXIMUM suspension for this offense.

Spin: He was guilty of negligence by taking a supplement that was tainted (dick pill), so he was, basically, innocent of using banned substances or steroids.

The alleged "dick pills" also contained a third banned substance which he DIDN'T test positive for (iirc). They pretty much knew he was full of shit and lying to them but couldn't prove it 100% which is why I believe he got the max.

Josh Barnett is still fighting. I think a 4 year suspension would be a career killer unless he puts in the necessary hours for no incentive except staying in championship form. A 2 year suspension would hurt but it's survivable.

Personally I think he's going to make an example of. 4 years incoming.
However, Josh Barnett has true heavyweight skills at that weight class and can still hang. jones' only skill is that he is way bigger than most of his opponents at LHW. Many people contribute his wins to his "incredible fight IQ" and his "skills" but at 6'4" and with an 84.5 inch reach advantage, he can afford to throw some crazy strikes and still remain out of countering distance. He's, also, so damned tall and may have been roided his whole career that he isn't afraid of takedown attempts as he has, always, easily defended them. So, you take a non-juiced, no KO powered jones, who is older and will have a harder time making LHW, who will probably be fighting at HW against guys his size and, well... it can get ugly, real fast. If he faced a 6'2 Daniel Cormier type fighter, he wouldn't be undefeated for long.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. 4 years, 3 years or 2 years his career is done.
Doubt it. He will need the money and therefore do what he can to come back. Then he will screw up again.

BTW does anyone know if USADA tests athletes randomly during a suspension period? Or would jones be left alone for the entirety of the suspension and only tested again once cleared to return??

It either will be or will not be . Fuck this 20 percent bullshit.
You don't understand the nature of probability. Its not an absolute value, but its based from a specific perspective with limited knowledge. According to your logic, all statements of probability are bullshit because from an omniscient perspective, everything "either will be or will not be". Since we are in a position of having incomplete knowledge as to which way Jon's case will be ruled, it is entirely acceptable to estimate a percentage of likelihood as to which way it will go.

Hope he only gets two years, that way I won't have to wait as long to see how he screws up his career for the fourth time!

I'm basing my statement off of Dana White's comments. Seems that the contract works like "X number of fights or X years, whichever comes first." At least that's how I understood him.

Could be wrong.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...e-dana-white-usada-light-heavyweight-mma-news

Just so you know where my head is at in my assumption. By making the statement that if USADA goes light on Jones he would owe Jon a fight, it seems implied to me that if he gets the book thrown at him Dana will NOT owe him a fight after the suspension.
IMG_0201.JPG

You don't understand the nature of probability. Its not an absolute value, but its based from a specific perspective with limited knowledge. According to your logic, all statements of probability are bullshit because from an omniscient perspective, everything "either will be or will not be". Since we are in a position of having incomplete knowledge as to which way Jon's case will be ruled, it is entirely acceptable to estimate a percentage of likelihood as to which way it will go.

But he's just making up his probability.

He's just decides less than 1% that Jones gets no suspension; less than 10% 6 month suspension; less than 8 months suspension 35%; 1-3 years 35%; 4 year suspension 20%; 1% chance that he snitches.

He proposes 7 outcomes but his percentage odds are randomly selected. This called guessing.

jv0NKR.png

<puh-lease75>
even if you snitchced why would you say you snitched

I don't care at this point.
Hopefully he gets nothing, but...

He may have lost me as a fan. But I cant lie. Jones is very exciting. He should do his time (hopefully not that long) and return to reclaim the crown. #TAINTEDGOAT

No its not if you have a fucking life. Why waste energy computing some bullshit that you can't control which will end up with an answer from people who can control it. Why not 30% or 28 % or fuck there is no reason why it's 20 % . This makes you a keyboard warrior. Go outside

Jon Jones would be 32, that's not old by any standard, specially considering it is LHW
Doubt he'd sell as well, and likely wouldn't be afforded any preferred treatment upon his return. His legacy is pretty hugely tainted. If he was able to generate some social media buzz around the end of his suspension maybe he could come back to good sales. But just feels like people have chosen to just let Jones fade away at this point. Time will tell I guess, this is all assuming he gets a shorter suspension. If he gets 4, it becomes way more complicated for him to plan a big return that will succeed

But he's just making up his probability.

He's just decides less than 1% that Jones gets no suspension; less than 10% 6 month suspension; less than 8 months suspension 35%; 1-3 years 35%; 4 year suspension 20%; 1% chance that he snitches.

He proposes 7 outcomes but his percentage odds are randomly selected. This called guessing.
well ok, if that's the case you have a point.

Back