Why Jon Jones probably isn’t getting a 4-year suspension

The first time the suspension was about not disclosing the pill I thought? If he had and the pills were tainted no suspension would follow. They cited neglect didn't they? In the new case if they find he didn't knowingly take the drug and he disclosed all supplements he took why would he be suspended at all?? Assuming the first suspension was neglect of course
But the first suspension wasn't "neglect." That's what the arbitrators came up with. He still got hit with the max suspension. Why? Because he had an illegal substance in his system. His attorneys tried to pretty it up and wrap it in a bow with a "great excuse" but that did not change the fact that he had two illegal substances in his system. The "tainted dick pill" was just propaganda for the viewing public so that we would forgive him and watch him fight. He has a history of cheating, so why would this time be any different? Remember, "his life is in the sweet, tiny infant, 7lb 8oz, baby jesus' hands.... all powerful and he doesn't even know it, yet." He'll be fine.

Jon Jones would be 32, that's not old by any standard, specially considering it is LHW

No but you're assuming he'll get his shit together by then. He has clearly displayed he refuses to get his shit together.

Cmon man after he got caught once and cried he does this immediately after? How can you think he won't do it again

Because $$$

He'll get 18 months

But the first suspension wasn't "neglect." That's what the arbitrators came up with. He still got hit with the max suspension. Why? Because he had an illegal substance in his system. His attorneys tried to pretty it up and wrap it in a bow with a "great excuse" but that did not change the fact that he had two illegal substances in his system. The "tainted dick pill" was just propaganda for the viewing public so that we would forgive him and watch him fight. He has a history of cheating, so why would this time be any different? Remember, "his life is in the sweet, tiny infant, 7lb 8oz, baby jesus' hands.... all powerful and he doesn't even know it, yet." He'll be fine.
Is this a fact? Wasn't there a ruling from usada on this site? That said neglect?

Hes innocent, he wont get suspended at all. 3 month suspension max. Book it.

Exactly. And he predicts the chances that it will be to be around 20% and the chances it won't be at around 80%. Do you even probability bro?
Lmfao, do you?
This is either intentionally hilarious, or unintentionally hysterical

Whether you like or dislike Jones 4 years is fucking ridiculous in a man's prime to be deprived of profession. I personally think he's a booster but 2 years should learn him.

If he gets the maximum suspension, his contract would expire and he would no longer be contracted to the UFC.
That's not how the UFC contract works
But that's irrelevant, the person I quoted said "doesn't matter" with regards to the suspension length

But that's irrelevant, the person I quoted said "doesn't matter" with regards to the suspension length

I'm basing my statement off of Dana White's comments. Seems that the contract works like "X number of fights or X years, whichever comes first." At least that's how I understood him.

Could be wrong.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...e-dana-white-usada-light-heavyweight-mma-news

Just so you know where my head is at in my assumption. By making the statement that if USADA goes light on Jones he would owe Jon a fight, it seems implied to me that if he gets the book thrown at him Dana will NOT owe him a fight after the suspension.

I'm basing my statement off of Dana White's comments. Seems that the contract works like "X number of fights or X years, whichever comes first." At least that's how I understood him.

Could be wrong.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...e-dana-white-usada-light-heavyweight-mma-news

Just so you know where my head is at in my assumption. By making the statement that if USADA goes light on Jones he would owe Jon a fight, it seems implied to me that if he gets the book thrown at him Dana will NOT owe him a fight after the suspension.

Ah
I understand your assumption
I interpreted the comment differently, I take this to mean that he's implying that if Jones gets the four years he doesn't expect to give him a fight, not that he wouldn't owe him one
As far as I understand UFC contracts, they're essentially life-long if your fight obligation has not been met, as evidenced by the GSP contract negotiations where he would have had to sue to get his contract nullified despite being retired for multiple years

Back