Why Jacobs Not Weighing in Was an Issue

Except in the press conference Jacobs and his team repeatedly said that hes taking the belt, wants the belt.

IMO he's a cheap pick and probably tried to bulk as big as he could.

It's the shit Jones would do if he could.

Assuming they told Golovkin "were gonna get on the scale Saturday morning" (which I don't think they ever explicitly said), so what? Brook told Spence he was gonna fight him in the center of the ring. So you're gonna be back here calling Brook cheap when he doesn't do that, right?

Assuming they told Golovkin "were gonna get on the scale Saturday morning" (which I don't think they ever explicitly said), so what? Brook told Spence he was gonna fight him in the center of the ring. So you're gonna be back here calling Brook cheap when he doesn't do that, right?
Slightly different to allowing him to be whatever the hell weight he wants to be on fight day....but you have your mind set I can see that.

He was trying to Rumble Johnson his opponent but still couldn't.

Slightly different to allowing him to be whatever the hell weight he wants to be on fight day....but you have your mind set I can see that.

He was trying to Rumble Johnson his opponent but still couldn't.

He made weight the day he was contractually obligated to make weight. Anything else he said isn't slightly different from the scenario I put forward. It's not different at all. Mental games have always been a part of combat, one on one or otherwise.

He made weight the day he was contractually obligated to make weight. Anything else he said isn't slightly different from the scenario I put forward. It's not different at all. Mental games have always been a part of combat, one on one or otherwise.
One weighed in the next day within 10 lbs of title weight.

The other was probably way way over, and looked it.

But whatever bro, look at it however you want. He didn't weigh within 10 lbs of 160 on fight day. Fact.

Also, Golovkin fans are making Loeffler look like some Jr. agent working out of his moms basement "buh buh he said!" Do you all really think a consummate business professional like that was staking a fight on heated words exchanged during a press conference, and not the written, binding words of the legal contract? Gtfo.

But whatever bro, look at it however you want. He didn't weigh within 10 lbs of 160 on fight day. Fact.

Your assumptions betray your motives here.

lol at this size advantage nonsense. Golovkin has been the bigger guy before. No one cared. He's called out and fought welterweights.

lol at this size advantage nonsense. Golovkin has been the bigger guy before. No one cared. He's called out and fought welterweights.
Brook's fans cared...:D Seriously though, size gives you an advantage, or guys wouldn't be so secretive about how much weight they gained.

Brook's fans cared...:D Seriously though, size gives you an advantage, or guys wouldn't be so secretive about how much weight they gained.

Why is "within 10 lbs of 160 on fight day" so significant to you? What rule are you referring to?

"Probably way way over and looked it"
Also where is this in the rule book? Fascinating stuff.

But again, thats just a physical ability. Implying its an advantage implies that its unfair. Power is an advantage. Speed is an advantage. A good chin is an advantage.

But if you say you give zero fucks about the belt...
In the press conference in the preview show he and his team confirmed multiple times they were fighting to take the belt.

I'm sure he just had 38 hours .....to not put back a significant amount of size and have an advantage though, like you guys are saying lol

Wow you guys are gullible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/18/sports/daniel-jacobs-gennady-golovkin-weigh-in.html?_r=0

If either fighter exceeds 160 by 10 lbs the day after weigh jns they are ineligible to win title.

It's written right there.

He skipped it.
That was for the lesser unwanted IBF title. The other titles wanted did not require that at all nor did the contract. Was still a title fight between 2 champs.
Im still not fully sure what you are getting at.

Also what did Danny weigh in the ring? Actual facts not guesses. Anything other than the good old eye ball test?

Why is "within 10 lbs of 160 on fight day" so significant to you? What rule are you referring to?

"Probably way way over and looked it"
Also where is this in the rule book? Fascinating stuff.
I wasn't aware of that. It must be a rule the IBF incorporated similar to the WBC weigh ins leading up to fight night.

I wasn't aware of that. It must be a rule the IBF incorporated similar to the WBC weigh ins leading up to fight night.
Correct its for those who want the IBF belt. If you dont want the belt it doesn't apply to you unless there is a more specific rehydration clause in the contract.

That was for the lesser unwanted IBF title. The other titles wanted did not require that at all nor did the contract. Was still a title fight between 2 champs.
Im still not fully sure what you are getting at.

Also what did Danny weigh in the ring? Actual facts not guesses. Anything other than the good old eye ball test?
Ok.

I'm sure he didn't bulk up significantly in those 34 hours then.

But again, thats just a physical ability. Implying its an advantage implies that its unfair. Power is an advantage. Speed is an advantage. A good chin is an advantage.
Weight is an attribute that can give the larger man an advantage. It's the reason we have weight classes. I don't think Danny cheated or that his size made the fight unfair. Using that to blame GGG's performance is just an excuse but on the other hand it's not like it didn't play any role at all or its not worth discussing.

Last edited:
In the press conference in the preview show he and his team confirmed multiple times they were fighting to take the belt.

I'm sure he just had 38 hours .....to not put back a significant amount of size and have an advantage though, like you guys are saying lol

Wow you guys are gullible.
Tell me more about the Jacobs team.

Back