Why it’s okay to tap

I see no problem with tapping. I don't train, but know some that do, and they'd show me some subs and chokes, when I was actually thinking of training. Just based on that, call me tappy, tap, tap.

Everyone person on here would tap if they trained too.

There's really no shame in it.

anyone who thinks guys who tap to submissions are " pussies " or " quitters ", especially ones that can injure you are absolutely fucking stupid.

WOW MAN HE SHUD HAV GAWN OUT LYKE A SAMURAI!!!!!!!!! stfu lmao.

It's always fine to tap

The reason me and plenty of others gave Conor shit is because he tapped to a neck crank after talking all that shit. In my mind if you're going to say the sort of things you say to Khabib, saying how you'd have killed him, if you're in a choke you let yourself go out, if you're in a sub that can break a bone you at least try and escape it.

Conor just instantly tapped when he was in pain

Not to strikes @AnotherOldGuy

Tapping to strikes is the worst thing a pro fighter can do. Tapping to grappling holds is completely normal.

PNhs2U1.gif

Everyone person on here would tap if they trained too.

There's really no shame in it.
Exactly. These guys already risk getting hurt, for our entertainment. I don't need to see them permanently injured or not come back the same because of it.

Exactly. These guys already risk getting hurt, for our entertainment. I don't need to see them permanently injured or not come back the same because of it.

Also, sometimes once it's sunk in, there's no getting out.

It's either tap, live to fight another day, or go out cold / break a limb.

Nobody said your not supposed to tap to an RnC. You should probably fight hands though and Conor hasnt done that yet ("No Khabib had him elevated", stfu.) As Osiander says if you're in that position you fucked up a long time ago. The only people who go out before tapping to an RnC I can think of lately is Holly and Al. "No shame in tapping because this isnt real fighting anyway." Awesome. So what the fuck are we watching, and why?

Of course it’s ok to tap.

But if you parade around pretending to be unbeatable, and your idiot, hero-worshipping, cock-gobbling, fans actually believe that bullshit, and then you get embarrassed and mauled, and then you quit—you bet your ass that you and your horde of irrational fucktards are going to hear about it.

Is normal.
Again it’s only “quitting” when it’s conor. It’s tapping for everyone else apparently.

Not to strikes @AnotherOldGuy

Tapping to strikes is the worst thing a pro fighter can do. Tapping to grappling holds is completely normal.
Shogun tapped to strikes. If that doesn’t tell you it’s ok to tap then I don’t know what to tell you. If idiot fans want to judge fuck them.

Again it’s only “quitting” when it’s conor. It’s tapping for everyone else apparently.
Only when you have a long and storied history of quitting. Duffy, Nate, Floyd, Khabib. Guys before Duffy. I hate quitters not Conor. I gave Rumble more shit than any fighter in history. Conor is Rumble without his power or TDD. Which doesnt leave him with much. GOAT dieter couldnt get 3 judges to say he beat Nate. He will die in LW division. He will lose every top 5 fight at LW. And beyond.

I've never met an MMA fan in real life that hated on a fighter for tapping when they are legitimately stuck in a submission. There is no point in sustaining an injury that is going to sideline you for months. Fighters don't get paid if they don't fight; it's not like the NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA where the players still get a lot of money while sidelined. For a fighter that fights 2-4 times a year missing one fight is a big % of their income.

That being said, I understand a fighter not wanting to tap no matter what. I don't consider them stupid for not doing so. However, I do consider a fan stupid if they hate on a fighter for tapping when they are stuck in a submission that could very likely lead to injury.

I tapped 6-7 times this morning. I'm a big fan fan of not spending half of my Saturday in the ER, racking up a hefty bill, and losing the ability to use my dominant hand for a couple of months.

Only when you have a long and storied history of quitting. Duffy, Nate, Floyd, Khabib. Guys before Duffy. I hate quitters not Conor. I gave Rumble more shit than any fighter in history. Conor is Rumble without his power or TDD. Which doesnt leave him with much. GOAT dieter couldnt get 3 judges to say he beat Nate. He will die in LW division. He will lose every top 5 fight at LW. And beyond.
Duffy was fuckin 2010. Floyd?? Wtf. Khabib was a grueling 4 round fight. He had plenty of chances to quit in that fight but he didn’t.

I've never met an MMA fan in real life that hated on a fighter for tapping when they are legitimately stuck in a submission. There is no point in sustaining an injury that is going to sideline you for months. Fighters don't get paid if they don't fight; it's not like the NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA where the players still get a lot of money while sidelined. For a fighter that fights 2-4 times a year missing one fight is a big % of their income.

That being said, I understand a fighter not wanting to tap no matter what. I don't consider them stupid for not doing so. However, I do consider a fan stupid if they hate on a fighter for tapping when they are stuck in a submission that could very likely lead to injury.

I tapped 6-7 times this morning. I'm a big fan fan of not spending half of my Saturday in the ER, racking up a hefty bill, and losing the ability to use my dominant hand for a couple of months.
Were talking RnCs here not Helio or Jacare snapping their limbs for glory. Obviously you tap to joint locks. Cmon man. Go have your grandma slap an RnC on you you'll wake up feeling like you've been asleep 10 hours people looking over you then you are Perfectly Fine. Not saying Conor shouldnt have tapped. I'm saying, like Rumble, they put themselves into position to be tapped, whenever adversity arrives.

He's begging nate to finish him here.
LegitimateCheerfulHyracotherium.gif

giphy.gif

It's not just about the tap.

Duffy was fuckin 2010. Floyd?? Wtf. Khabib was a grueling 4 round fight. He had plenty of chances to quit in that fight but he didn’t.
U call that fight grueling? Neither side took any damage. Conor admitted in the post Floyd presser he has holes or "patches" in his cardio that he cant explain. You know if a guy is a tapper or not their first week in a bjj gym, 2010 is irrelevant. Conor is an easy tapper.

Agreed on Rumble.
Were talking RnCs here not Helio or Jacare snapping their limbs for glory. Obviously you tap to joint locks. Cmon man. Go have your grandma slap an RnC on you you'll wake up feeling like you've been asleep 10 hours people looking over you then you are Perfectly Fine. Not saying Conor shouldnt have tapped. I'm saying, like Rumble, they put themselves into position to be tapped, whenever adversity arrives.
eed

There's no "what if?" since you signed up to fight under these rules. If you're talking about decisions I totally understand but to insinuate a sub isn't a real W then I call this BS. Instead of asking yourself what MMA represents you should ask yourself what a submission represents. Already passed out?? You've neutralized them. Tapping?? Something about to get broken - surrender due to pain. I mean you've been skillful enough to make them say stop without even being out. That's pretty legit to me.

U call that fight grueling? Neither side took any damage. Conor admitted in the post Floyd presser he has holes or "patches" in his cardio that he cant explain. You know if a guy is a tapper or not their first week in a bjj gym, 2010 is irrelevant. Conor is an easy tapper.

That makes no sense. Patches in his cardio means he quit? Getting caught and tapping doesn’t make you a quitter. It happening 8 years ago matters because he was greener on the mat. People get caught they tap. He wasn’t getting out against Duffy. Or Diaz. Or khabib. And Diaz and khabib are studs on the ground.

Back