Why Isn't There Pressure On Stipe Miocic To Save UFC215?

Stipe is not Conor. He needs to stfu and fight. He doesn't put butts in seats. He's the least marketable fighter right now.
So, you think stipe should shut up and defend his title on basically less than 3 weeks notice, against a guy like Francis, who we really don't know what he's completely about? That's a brilliant idea you deserve a million dislikes.

So, you think stipe should shut up and defend his title on basically less than 3 weeks notice, against a guy like Francis, who we really don't know what he's completely about? That's a brilliant idea you deserve a million dislikes.

No, I'm saying that Stipe should NOT be demanding a bigger paycheck. I don' blame him for not fighting Francis.

No one knows who the baddest man on the planet is with Stipe on top. He doesn't have a typical American name. He is very tied to a Croatian population which is small in the US. The fact he's handsome and a fireman doesn't put butts in seats. Persona does -

10000408.gif
brock-drool.gif
Jesus Christ, please just stop with this "put butts on the seats".... it´s absolutely ridiculous, man. Stop acting like you know how much profit the company makes with each fighter, cause you don´t.
itMcsy5.gif

To my knowledge your post didn't even come close to this
how so ? I said he doesn't have Conor or Brock's persona and should just fight whoever is next. He's the champ and needs to stop demanding more money because he is not marketable.

Jesus Christ, please just stop with this "put butts on the seats".... it´s absolutely ridiculous, man. Stop acting like you know how much profit the company makes with each fighter, cause you don´t.
itMcsy5.gif

I'm a huge fan of MMA - which is why I hate that FOX is now regulating the UFC's marketing world. I'm saying given they are in deep with FOX, persona matters.

how so ? I said he doesn't have Conor or Brock's persona and should just fight whoever is next. He's the champ and needs to stop demanding more money because he is not marketable.
How is he not marketable? He's a freakin killer. If you don't like to watch Stipe fight then MMA is not your thing

How is he not marketable? He's a freakin killer. If you don't like to watch Stipe fight then MMA is not your thing

I love watching Stipe fight. Most casuals don't, though, because he's not a big draw. It's unfortunate, but it's the reality of things. People would rather watch a snake oil 145lb salesmen like Conor than a powerhouse beast like Stipe who is quiet.

The guy works his entire life to get to the point where he is, and now you want him to risk it all for absolutely no reward, just to prove how tough he is?????? Hasn´t he already shown enough proof by becoming the HW champion and beating the toughest competition on the planet??
Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif
He will get paid. Plus, the champion's reward is to retain the title.

He will get paid. Plus, the champion's reward is to retain the title.
He will get paid and retain his title with a full camp anyways. Still not a single reason why he should take a short notice fight when he is the champ.

The whole point of being a firefighter is getting good pay and bennies, for doing like 4 actual hours of work per week.

I think this is a great time for Stipe to take on Ngannou. Ngannou is still new, and the JDS fight was his path to Stipe anyways.

If I was Stipe, I would take out Ngannou now, like McGregor took out Max Holloway when he was 3-2 in the UFC, and now Conor fans can say "Conor beat the FW GOAT and the current FW champ."

Chess.

exactly cuz no one gives a s*** about Stipe unfortunately

He will get paid and retain his title with a full camp anyways. Still not a single reason why he should take a short notice fight when he is the champ.
Saving UFC215.

I understand Stipe's probably excuses. I am just surprised that the fans are not putting any pressure on him to save the card.

Like another poster stated, it is probably because he is too vanilla, and the fans don't expect too much excitement from him.

They just want him to win because "he is a really nice guy."

Stipe needs a great undercard to sell any of his own scheduled PPV's. He's not a draw outside of Cleveland; And most people aren't that thrilled with Ferg/Lee.

Handsome
Sexy voice
Muscular
Knock out artist
Fireman

Yeah, he's not marketable at all. Box office poison.

I like Stipe, but unfortunately he is not a big draw. Based on PPV history, the only times the PPVs he has been the main event has met or exceeded 300,000 buys have been when there was another attractive fight or co-main on the maiin card:

UFC 198: Werdum vs Miocic (217,000)
UFC 203: Miocic v Overeem (450,000--CM Punk fight on main card)
UFC 211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2 (300,000--Joanna as co-main event)

Back