Why isn't there more Game of Thrones games?

GoT is the biggest thing right now, has been for a long time. It could be a great cash cow for the gaming industry (many things could be btw). Only Telltale made a "small" project about it.

What about a 2D versus game like Samurai Shodown? many different characters, many different weapons, a badass boss = the king of the dead army.

What about a 3D versus game Soul Calibur? for the same reasons

What about a Civilization-like game? Or a Warcraft? World of Warcraft? Many different "teams", many heroes.

What d'ya say folks? Other genres?

PS : No spoilers from the book or ban.

I am actually working on it with Sunset Mountain Studios, a little piece of property owned by blizzard studios.

I am writing this with other writers, 37 in all, I think. Marcus Lerner, who wrote mainly for television, as he hates writing for movies because he says the stories always suffer trying to squeeze into that truncated format. He wrote for quite a few hbo shows, with his first being Carnivale-one of my absolute favorites. We always debate that show and especially the end. He complains because I seem to know more about the show that he does, even the stuff he wrote. Anyway, he and I get along really good and we are really excited about this opportunity to give the series(j have my only tattoos from the books) a good format of a video game, as everything currently attached to the series sucks v

If there was a head project manager, it would be Kazushige Nojima, aka the kazmanian devil, or kaz, who has done a shit ton of rpg writing such as final fantasy and kingdom hearts series. He is crazy intense, and maybe just crazy. Sometimes, I think he is so serious that he may just start cutting people up like an actual character from GOT.

We also managed to snag almost the whole farcry 2 team(ok, 2writers) But damnt, they’re good.

We got Patrick Redding, aka trick, who was a designer on farcry2. He is the director of how the narrative flows and how the gameplay affects the narrative. He is quite persnickety when it comes to making sure the stories line up.

And last but most importantly, we have Susan O’ Connor, who wrote for far cry 2 and BioShock. She is an important team member because she is hot, no seriously, she writes in a style that really hot chicks write in. No, for real now, she takes her writing very seriously(not that we all don’t) but she gets into daily arguments about how realistic the actions of the characters and how realistic and sensible the story is, even one about dragons and the walking dead. Did I mention that she is hot?

And not that we are often in the same room or place at the same time, when we are, it is very apparent and often a topic of great importance how hot Susan is. Plus, we all have really good chemistry, no matter how small our part is in all of this(unfortunately, that applies to me). I spent almost all of my time writing with Marcus, who has almost as small a part as me, but I mentioned him first because we spent so much time together. In total, we have/had 37 writers working on this project. Some games have hundreds of writers. And it’s not that this game is small(it isn’t) we just have some real beasts on the staff.

I can’t give away story plot points, but I will tell you this: you won’t play as Jon Snow, or the imp, starks, Mountain or dog, etc-though you will encounter all of them, maybe get into a battle with one or more of them, depending on choices you make during the game. Even if I wanted to, and actually, I do-I couldn’t tell you if you choose to do a, then b will happen-not my area and they are still working on that.

For starters, you are a member of a small household in the seven kingdoms. You choose the house for which you are a banner man. Each house has a few areas from which to choose. For example, if you choose to owe allegiance to House Stark, you can choose to be one of the Hill tribes(think house Umber or Karstark), bear island, or even the Iron Islands. You get to choose your sigil, your house words, House religion( do you worship the old gods, the seven, the drowned god, r’hllor, etc). And the religion you choose effects gameplay. For example, if you choose to worship the old gods or the seven, by visiting various temples that represent the maiden or the stranger, or by visiting different Weirwood trees, you will learn a new ability, magic spell, or even obtain a new and powerful weapon. None of this is necessary and serve as sort of a side quest, but the rewards are often a big payoff. I can tell you this, if you choose to worship R’hllor for example, by choosing to seek out one of these side quests, you learn to light your sword on fire. Besides looking really cool, it increases your attack power and it is really cool to hit a dude with your flaming sword and watch him run around while on fire.

The actual gameplay is quite varied, but is mainly an adventure game with heavy rpg elements-think diablo with bigger characters or one of the lord of the rings games. There is a flying game(dragons), a racing/driving game during jousting(cool mini game to enter tournaments that if you win, you may get a rare weapon or prize) and actual fleeing from a fight on horseback and one segmeant where you are chasing someone down who stole something of great importance after assasinating someone of importance, and some live action sequences where you have to hit a certain button at the right moment to trigger other sequences. This might be during a big fight scene, maybe after you take down a boss who is not ready to die. I lobbied real hard for a few sex scenes where you had to hit a button at the right time to successfully switch positions, but I was shot down and even insulted by the Kazmanian devil because he said I was not taking it very seriously, but everyone else laughed.

Anyway, I am told the game should drop in July and should be pretty damn big in scope, hell, the mini games with jousting, archery(to prove your worth in one early portion), flying on a dragon and doing some extra stuff, and also the melee tourney looks like lot of fun from what I have seen.

One last thing. I helped in a few parts with the writing, but my biggest solely, well mostly by myself, contribution is a section that takes place in the Neck(I also wrote the segmeant on the green river). You will explore a floating village where you may choose to undertake a side quest to get something a little extra to add to your weapons(maybe a deadly poison) and depending on which House you choose to owe fealty to, you will either defend or attack Moat Cailin. It’s not as sexy as some of the other sections(there are no big festivities such as tournaments to enter, or quite as moody as floating down the Green River and being attacked by stone men, or fighting and taking down a damn giant) but there are some really cool cut scenes and some new play dynamics such as FUCKING LIZARD LIONS, BITCHES!!! Also, there is one of the more extensive side quests And depending what house you choose, you will either be sent on a quest to locate a missing Reed family member, or to kidnap said Reed and escape. Some really cool elements in there, and from what I hear, the writing and dialogue is outstanding.

So do me a favor and look For this in July, or maybe a little later. Peace, and enjoy!

Last edited:
Shhhh, you should probably just stop.

I already linked it was the most pirated TV show (which means absolutely nothing, and I pointed out why earlier) see below:

main-qimg-baf0f0d5bdd9c1d968c4c57f90b4f93d-c

HOW DO NUMBERS WORK AGAIN!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes#Season_7_.282017.29

What's that say? Can we read it together?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:The_Walking_Dead_ratings

Now what does this say? Can we read this together as well?

Good, good Mickey, we're getting somewhere!

Remember this? Oh of course not, you avoided it, I'll post it again for you.

Game of Thrones season 5 finale: 8 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 5 finale: 16 million viewers

Game of Thrones season 6 finale: 9 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 6 finale: 14 million viewers

(The next-best show on cable, “Game of Thrones Season 6,” had its top-rated season ever with a 3.9 in adults 18-49 and 7.69 million viewers. “The Walking Dead” beat it by margins of 67 percent in the demo and 71 percent in viewers.)

Game of Thrones season 7 finale: 12 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 7 finale: 11.3 million viewers

There Game of Thrones "FINALLY" has surpassed a single episode of The Walking Dead, but, the averages for the seasons?

Nielsen media research shows Game of Thrones season 7 average 10.2 million viewers.
Nielsen media research shows The Walking Dead season 7 average 11.3 million viewers.

Check this out....

Game of Thrones Season 7 most viewed episode: 12 million viewers.
The Walking Dead Season 7 most viewed episode: 17 million viewers.

It is undeniable that The Walking Dead is bigger, all the empirical data shows it as well. Game of Thrones at its biggest, most successful is still millions shy of even touching an average / successful TWD season. The only time it's gotten close is in Season 7 where The Walking Dead has had some of it's worst numbers yet, yet, still manages to beat Game of Thrones.

:)

As a fan of both shows, I am happy that they do so well, but you can’t really compare the numbers of a show that is on a channel that comes packaged with most cable offers with basic packages vs a show on an expensive pay channel.

I am actually working on it with Sunset Mountain Studios, a little piece of property owned by blizzard studios.

I am writing this with other writers, 37 in all, I think. Marcus Lerner, who wrote mainly for television, as he hates writing for movies because he says the stories always suffer trying to squeeze into that truncated format. He wrote for quite a few hbo shows, with his first being Carnivale-one of my absolute favorites. We always debate that show and especially the end. He complains because I seem to know more about the show that he does, even the stuff he wrote. Anyway, he and I get along really good and we are really excited about this opportunity to give the series(j have my only tattoos from the books) a good format of a video game, as everything currently attached to the series sucks v

If there was a head project manager, it would be Kazushige Nojima, aka the kazmanian devil, or kaz, who has done a shit ton of rpg writing such as final fantasy and kingdom hearts series. He is crazy intense, and maybe just crazy. Sometimes, I think he is so serious that he may just start cutting people up like an actual character from GOT.

We also managed to snag almost the whole farcry 2 team(ok, 2writers) But damnt, they’re good.

We got Patrick Redding, aka trick, who was a designer on farcry2. He is the director of how the narrative flows and how the gameplay affects the narrative. He is quite persnickety when it comes to making sure the stories line up.

And last but most importantly, we have Susan O’ Connor, who wrote for far cry 2 and BioShock. She is an important team member because she is hot, no seriously, she writes in a style that really hot chicks write in. No, for real now, she takes her writing very seriously(not that we all don’t) but she gets into daily arguments about how realistic the actions of the characters and how realistic and sensible the story is, even one about dragons and the walking dead. Did I mention that she is hot?

And not that we are often in the same room or place at the same time, when we are, it is very apparent and often a topic of great importance how hot Susan is. Plus, we all have really good chemistry, no matter how small our part is in all of this(unfortunately, that applies to me). I spent almost all of my time writing with Marcus, who has almost as small a part as me, but I mentioned him first because we spent so much time together. In total, we have/had 37 writers working on this project. Some games have hundreds of writers. And it’s not that this game is small(it isn’t) we just have some real beasts on the staff.

I can’t give away story plot points, but I will tell you this: you won’t play as Jon Snow, or the imp, starks, Mountain or dog, etc-though you will encounter all of them, maybe get into a battle with one or more of them, depending on choices you make during the game. Even if I wanted to, and actually, I do-I couldn’t tell you if you choose to do a, then b will happen-not my area and they are still working on that.

For starters, you are a member of a small household in the seven kingdoms. You choose the house for which you are a banner man. Each house has a few areas from which to choose. For example, if you choose to owe allegiance to House Stark, you can choose to be one of the Hill tribes(think house Umber or Karstark), bear island, or even the Iron Islands. You get to choose your sigil, your house words, House religion( do you worship the old gods, the seven, the drowned god, r’hllor, etc). And the religion you choose effects gameplay. For example, if you choose to worship the old gods or the seven, by visiting various temples that represent the maiden or the stranger, or by visiting different Weirwood trees, you will learn a new ability, magic spell, or even obtain a new and powerful weapon. None of this is necessary and serve as sort of a side quest, but the rewards are often a big payoff. I can tell you this, if you choose to worship R’hllor for example, by choosing to seek out one of these side quests, you learn to light your sword on fire. Besides looking really cool, it increases your attack power and it is really cool to hit a dude with your flaming sword and watch him run around while on fire.

The actual gameplay is quite varied, but is mainly an adventure game with heavy rpg elements-think diablo with bigger characters or one of the lord of the rings games. There is a flying game(dragons), a racing/driving game during jousting(cool mini game to enter tournaments that if you win, you may get a rare weapon or prize) and actual fleeing from a fight on horseback and one segmeant where you are chasing someone down who stole something of great importance after assasinating someone of importance, and some live action sequences where you have to hit a certain button at the right moment to trigger other sequences. This might be during a big fight scene, maybe after you take down a boss who is not ready to die. I lobbied real hard for a few sex scenes where you had to hit a button at the right time to successfully switch positions, but I was shot down and even insulted by the Kazmanian devil because he said I was not taking it very seriously, but everyone else laughed.

Anyway, I am told the game should drop in July and should be pretty damn big in scope, hell, the mini games with jousting, archery(to prove your worth in one early portion), flying on a dragon and doing some extra stuff, and also the melee tourney looks like lot of fun from what I have seen.

One last thing. I helped in a few parts with the writing, but my biggest solely, well mostly by myself, contribution is a section that takes place in the Neck(I also wrote the segmeant on the green river). You will explore a floating village where you may choose to undertake a side quest to get something a little extra to add to your weapons(maybe a deadly poison) and depending on which House you choose to owe fealty to, you will either defend or attack Moat Cailin. It’s not as sexy as some of the other sections(there are no big festivities such as tournaments to enter, or quite as moody as floating down the Green River and being attacked by stone men, or fighting and taking down a damn giant) but there are some really cool cut scenes and some new play dynamics such as FUCKING LIZARD LIONS, BITCHES!!! Also, there is one of the more extensive side quests And depending what house you choose, you will either be sent on a quest to locate a missing Reed family member, or to kidnap said Reed and escape. Some really cool elements in there, and from what I hear, the writing and dialogue is outstanding.

So do me a favor and look For this in July, or maybe a little later. Peace, and enjoy!

Wow thanks a lot for this. That's what the thread needed. Will definitely promote this project here.

Awesome. I loved Far Cry 2 but it just needed a few more months imo to tighten things up and maybe some better writing for the quests. It's such a hell hole and dreary game. Those damn guard posts though.

TV shows and movies in general don't translate well into video games, and vice versa. Most games developed based on shows are budget titles intended for cash grab, and most reputable publishers stay well away from that.

Pretty much. I'd never buy a video game based on or around a TV series/movie.

As a fan of both shows, I am happy that they do so well, but you can’t really compare the numbers of a show that is on a channel that comes packaged with most cable offers with basic packages vs a show on an expensive pay channel.

It's already been pointed out already that people who pay for expensive premium channels are more likely to watch TV and support the shows. It's a two edged blade that doesn't just cancel the other out. I've never seen an episode of The Walking Dead in my life and yet I have it on free TV, yet I pay for HBO just to watch Game of Thrones. Every single person I know in real life who watches GOT does he exact same.

I don't really play Total War games but a Total War Game of Thrones could be awesome.

Is no one going to call me on this bullshit?

I am not a writer for video games, I am a cop and made all that shit up, but thanks for the support. I guess putting some time into this troll job payed off.

I am not a writer for video games, I am a cop and made all that shit up, but thanks for the support. I guess putting some time into this troll job payed off.
LOL, I'll be honest: I didn't even read it. Still haven't. I'm aware you are a cop. I read the first sentence and assumed you were moonlighting as part of some small venture startup that is targeting this gaming niche because it is mostly writing, and doesn't require heavy startup venture.

So I threw you a like because even I'm not so much of an asshole I wouldn't support someone pursuing a dream or whatever.

LOL, I'll be honest: I didn't even read it. Still haven't. I'm aware you are a cop. I read the first sentence and assumed you were moonlighting as part of some small venture startup that is targeting this gaming niche because it is mostly writing, and doesn't require heavy startup venture.

So I threw you a like because even I'm not so much of an asshole I wouldn't support someone pursuing a dream or whatever.

Well, it was a pretty good troll job. I made up some writers, looked up the top writers in the industry and picked a few and even made up personalities for them. I used my extensive knowledge of the books to write what a good game would have in it.

Well, it was a pretty good troll job. I made up some writers, looked up the top writers in the industry and picked a few and even made up personalities for them. I used my extensive knowledge of the books to write what a good game would have in it.

All that for 4 likes?

D+

LOL, apparently so. You got me to believe it in the first sentence. After that I lost interest because I'm a little bit of an asshole.

LOL, apparently so. You got me to believe it in the first sentence. After that I lost interest because I'm a little bit of an asshole.

Oh, come on Mick, don’t sell yourself short, you’re a big asshole

Played the Telltale game and really enjoyed it. Wish they would make a sequel too it. I want justice for the Foresters, fuck the Whitehills!

I am assuming HBO probably wants a crap tonne of money at this point for the license to the game and no one is willing to pay up, or simply they don't want to rent out the IP cause the show is near its conclusion and don't want to have other media jive with potential ratings.

I have no idea, not in marketing.. I wouldn't be surprised to see some more once the TV show ends.

Paid.. [/end Stannis Baratheon]

Ya, some "writer" you are lol

Back