Why isn't there more Game of Thrones games?

Game of Thrones: Conquest just came out on mobile but it looks like a reskinned Clash of Clans.
I'm giving it a shot but it's mediocre at best for right now.

The best GoT game I've ever played is a total conversion mod for Crusader Kings 2, basically a Conquest/Dynasty simulator that let's you play as any house in any era of GoT. Aegon's Conquest, Dance of Dragons, Five Kings, even stuff like the Ninepenny Kings. If you love the grand strategy titles (Europa Universalis, Hearts of Irons, etc.) and Game of Thrones, it's a must play.

It seems to me that this is simply an issue of access.

Nielsen says there's 116million US homes with TV's.

82% of American homes have AMC
30% of American homes have HBO

Source
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/re...each-cable-network-is-in-as-of-february-2015/

Now if we look at this as a proportion of available viewers more people are watching GoT and worldwide this is the case.

Proportion for Season 7 most viewed episode.
95 million potential viewers for AMC - 17 million viewers = 18% of potential viewers are watching
35 million potential viewers for HBO - 12 million viewers = 34% of potential viewers are watching

I think we can conclude if GOT was on AMC or if HBO had more subscribers it would smoke TWD as it does in the rest of the world.

The fact it can surpass an episode with only one third of the reach speaks volumes.

Without knowing the specifics of America tv channels I'd assume from those statistics than AMC is a package channel and HBO is a premium channel? If so those statistics don't necessarily represent what you think do, or at least aren't as significant as you think. People will subscribe to premium channels to get access to specific programs. In the UK a hell of a lot of people subscribe to Sky Atlantic for Game of Thrones, so it makes sense that they would have a larger % than programs that are on package channels.

TV shows and movies in general don't translate well into video games, and vice versa. Most games developed based on shows are budget titles intended for cash grab, and most reputable publishers stay well away from that.

I think this is part of the problem. They never seem to be interested in creating a real game they are just interested in a cash grab and creates a ton of shitty games based on movies/tv shows.

The new spiderman game for PS4 seems to be one of the games they are doing g right. They didn't rush it and try to match up the release date with the movie.

Oh I'm sorry, you make a really, really valid point. Here all this time I thought having a season premiere that almost DOUBLED Game of Thrones Season 7 premiere would warrant an objective statement such as the one I made.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...g-Dead-smashes-Dragonstone-ratings-record-HBO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:The_Walking_Dead_ratings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes#Season_7_.282017.29

GOT with it's biggest season, and most successful episode doesn't even TOUCH a semi successful The Walking Dead season / episode. We're talking 5+ million excess on some Walking Dead over Game of Thrones. Walking Dead's Season 5 premiere is the most viewed premiere in the HISTORY of television.

But, but, but how do numbers work again!? For someone who knows so little you sure do talk a lot of shit Micky boy.
I'm not completely sure myself, but I believe @Madmick was saying that it's more popular worldwide, not just domestically.

Like I said, I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if GOT was beating TWD in other markets, and as a whole.
This, obviously.

Not only this, but also the fact that his figures aren't accounting for piracy or total views at all (as many watch Game of Thrones on other platforms, and these figures only track viewers on the night of airing). Nielsen has never tracked streaming services, doh! Of course if you did a search you'd see that I was in Dragonlord's threads, and have been fully aware of TWD's cable premiere records for years. I figured this was what misled our little spectrum child, here.

Perhaps the most ironic thing to me is that his own source would have The Big Bang Theory as the most popular show ("in the world" in the context of our discussion) based on his single chart.

Quite a miss for someone waxing so condescending about details. I guess he's new to this style. Pay closer attention to yours truly, @Mookie, and you'll learn how it's done properly, grasshopper.

I'd totally buy a game like this in the GoT world.

That would be cool. Give every house a special power too.

- Lannisters pull some extra BS army out of their ass.
- Danny dragons obviously.
- the north either wolves or giants

That would be cool. Give every house a special power too.

- Lannisters pull some extra BS army out of their ass.
- Danny dragons obviously.
- the north either wolves or giants
Dire Wolves are giant wolves, so there you go. Wildlings get the Giants. Snow's new northern coalition should have both, obviously.

This, obviously.

Not only this, but also the fact that his figures aren't accounting for piracy or total views at all (as many watch Game of Thrones on other platforms, and these figures only track viewers on the night of airing). Nielsen has never tracked streaming services, doh! Of course if you did a search you'd see that I was in Dragonlord's threads, and have been fully aware of TWD's cable premiere records for years. I figured this was what misled our little spectrum child, here.

Perhaps the most ironic thing to me is that his own source would have The Big Bang Theory as the most popular show ("in the world" in the context of our discussion) based on his single chart.

Quite a miss for someone waxing so condescending about details. I guess he's new to this style. Pay closer attention to yours truly, @Mookie, and you'll learn how it's done properly, grasshopper.

Until you can provide me with something credible to back your claims I'm going to go with the actual numbers and the numbers show not only is The Walking Dead bigger, but, in totality when one history is set aside the other The Walking Dead has over two to one viewers, it towers over GoT and GoT in it's most *successful season of all time* isn't even touching mid-season TWD numbers, it hardly competes with the worst TWD season *of all time* once the ball was running. I'm not talking Season 1 numbers, those are never a credible basis, I'm talking the Season highs which start in the mid and get higher near the end unless you have a tragedy of a show.

I'm sorry Micky but your wishful thinking and non-existent spreadsheets don't create a very convincing argument.

EDIT: Removed some shit talking.

Last edited:

Had to quote this, sorry. Not only did I post multiple sources so saying my *own* source is lazy bullshit on your accord, but the most popular show in the world isn't The Big Bang theory, and if you follow the data I posted you'd quickly find out what is. Psssst. It has to do with solving crimes and stuff like that.

Until you can provide me with something credible to back your claims I'm going to go with the actual numbers and the numbers show not only is The Walking Dead bigger, but, in totality when one history is set aside the other The Walking Dead has over two to one viewers, it towers over GoT and GoT in it's most *successful season of all time* isn't even touching mid-season TWD numbers, it hardly competes with the worst TWD season *of all time* once the ball was running. I'm not talking Season 1 numbers, those are never a credible basis, I'm talking the Season highs which start in the mid and get higher near the end unless you have a tragedy of a show.

I'm sorry Micky but your wishful thinking and non-existent spreadsheets don't create a very convincing argument.

EDIT: Removed some shit talking.
But you don't have any actual numbers. You even failed to accurately divine the context from mention of Top Gear. You have US Nielsen first night numbers which don't even back TWD as the biggest show. Network shows have and will always come out on top in those ratings.

Here ya go, noobsauce:
Variety: Game of Thrones boom: Ratings hit 30 million viewers
The show also setting new ratings records around the world

Also, since that doesn't go into piracy, which is a huge portion of the global market now:
‘Game of Thrones’ Most Torrented TV-Show of 2016

Come play any time, grasshopper.

But you don't have any actual numbers. You even failed to accurately divine the context from mention of Top Gear. You have US Nielsen first night numbers which don't even back TWD as the biggest show. Network shows have and will always come out on top in those ratings.

Here ya go, noobsauce:
Variety: Game of Thrones boom: Ratings hit 30 million viewers
The show also setting new ratings records around the world

Also, since that doesn't go into piracy, which is a huge portion of the global market now:
‘Game of Thrones’ Most Torrented TV-Show of 2016

Come play any time, grasshopper.

Shhhh, you should probably just stop.

I already linked it was the most pirated TV show (which means absolutely nothing, and I pointed out why earlier) see below:

main-qimg-baf0f0d5bdd9c1d968c4c57f90b4f93d-c

HOW DO NUMBERS WORK AGAIN!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes#Season_7_.282017.29

What's that say? Can we read it together?

Now what does this say? Can we read this together as well?

Good, good Mickey, we're getting somewhere!

Remember this? Oh of course not, you avoided it, I'll post it again for you.

Game of Thrones season 5 finale: 8 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 5 finale: 16 million viewers

Game of Thrones season 6 finale: 9 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 6 finale: 14 million viewers

(The next-best show on cable, “Game of Thrones Season 6,” had its top-rated season ever with a 3.9 in adults 18-49 and 7.69 million viewers. “The Walking Dead” beat it by margins of 67 percent in the demo and 71 percent in viewers.)

Game of Thrones season 7 finale: 12 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 7 finale: 11.3 million viewers

There Game of Thrones "FINALLY" has surpassed a single episode of The Walking Dead, but, the averages for the seasons?

Nielsen media research shows Game of Thrones season 7 average 10.2 million viewers.
Nielsen media research shows The Walking Dead season 7 average 11.3 million viewers.

Check this out....

Game of Thrones Season 7 most viewed episode: 12 million viewers.
The Walking Dead Season 7 most viewed episode: 17 million viewers.

It is undeniable that The Walking Dead is bigger, all the empirical data shows it as well. Game of Thrones at its biggest, most successful is still millions shy of even touching an average / successful TWD season. The only time it's gotten close is in Season 7 where The Walking Dead has had some of it's worst numbers yet, yet, still manages to beat Game of Thrones.

:)

Last edited:
Also 2 things:

The walking dead is trash.

Got is also the most pirated show in history. So those numbers have to be factored in

Shhhh, you should probably just stop.

I already linked it was the most pirated TV show (which means absolutely nothing, and I pointed out why earlier) see below:

main-qimg-baf0f0d5bdd9c1d968c4c57f90b4f93d-c

HOW DO NUMBERS WORK AGAIN!?

What's that say? Can we read it together?

Now what does this say? Can we read this together as well?

Good, good Mickey, we're getting somewhere!

Remember this? Oh of course not, you avoided it, I'll post it again for you.

Game of Thrones season 5 finale: 8 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 5 finale: 16 million viewers

Game of Thrones season 6 finale: 9 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 6 finale: 14 million viewers

(The next-best show on cable, “Game of Thrones Season 6,” had its top-rated season ever with a 3.9 in adults 18-49 and 7.69 million viewers. “The Walking Dead” beat it by margins of 67 percent in the demo and 71 percent in viewers.)

Game of Thrones season 7 finale: 12 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 7 finale: 11.3 million viewers

There Game of Thrones "FINALLY" has surpassed a single episode of The Walking Dead, but, the averages for the seasons?

Nielsen media research shows Game of Thrones season 7 average 10.2 million viewers.
Nielsen media research shows The Walking Dead season 7 average 11.3 million viewers.

Check this out....

Game of Thrones Season 7 most viewed episode: 12 million viewers.
The Walking Dead Season 7 most viewed episode: 17 million viewers.

It is undeniable that The Walking Dead is bigger, all the empirical data shows it as well. Game of Thrones at its biggest, most successful is still millions shy of even touching an average / successful TWD season. The only time it's gotten close is in Season 7 where The Walking Dead has had some of it's worst numbers yet, yet, still manages to beat Game of Thrones.

:)
You are posting inferior numbers for TWD across the board to what I just produced, and literally several people have pointed out to you the shortcomings of Nielsen ratings; yours truly in the most detail. So, to this post, which you are repeating after it has already been refuted, almost down to a copy/paste, I'm not sure there is a more sensible reply than...

e2d278c546432c8b0a30ce8982752deb56d0249aff996c923378fdf2524a5981.jpg

Meanwhile...
'Game of Thrones' season 7 was pirated more than 1 billion times
But "piracy means absolutely nothing" to divining the most watched television show on the global stage.

<Dany07>

short-bus-243553.jpg

You are posting inferior numbers for TWD across the board to what I just produced, and literally several people have pointed out to you the shortcomings of Nielsen ratings; yours truly in the most detail. So, to this post, which you are repeating after it has already been refuted, almost down to a copy/paste, I'm not sure there is a more sensible reply than...

Meanwhile...
But "piracy means absolutely nothing" to divining the most watched television show on the global stage.

<Dany07>

short-bus-243553.jpg

That bus is sick lol.

-black paint job
-rip out seats
-big roof rack/or pop up sleeper on top
-add a big grill guard
-offroad tires
-ladder on back
you got yourself a little adventure bus there.

I want.

Meanwhile...

<Dany07>

short-bus-243553.jpg

BUT BUT BUT GOT WAS PIRATED MORE!

IT'S BIGGER!

You don't like the data so you ignore it. You quote pirated numbers like they are verifiable or mean anything? They don't. Nothing I said was refuted, you're just lying to save face and I understand it because it's not fun getting son'd by a noob like myself.

You'll get over it, friendo.

In the end? Let me know when you have verifiable data to support your claims, I'll be first in line to read it and quote it in future threads! Until then? Enjoy your wishful thinking and what-about-ism. I don't buy it, and all the numbers say the opposite.

BUT BUT BUT GOT WAS PIRATED MORE!

IT'S BIGGER!

You don't like the data so you ignore it. You quote pirated numbers like they are verifiable or mean anything? They don't. Nothing I said was refuted, you're just lying to save face and I understand it because it's not fun getting son'd by a noob like myself.

You'll get over it, friendo.

In the end? Let me know when you have verifiable data to support your claims, I'll be first in line to read it and quote it in future threads! Until then? Enjoy your wishful thinking and what-about-ism. I don't buy it, and all the numbers say the opposite.
No, I'm simply someone who understands how the Nielsen ratings work. Those literally track nothing but random TV sets throughout the U.S. They didn't even start tracking set-top boxes until the end of 2016, and even now don't track those outside DISH. They're doing this because they're quickly becoming obsolete on the domestic scene-- of course they were never relevant outside it:
Nielsen to Include Set-Top-Box Data in Ratings for First Time

No streaming, no piracy, no official scores for international markets, almost no DVR playback...nada.
Let's do the numbers on "Game of Thrones"
Marketplace.org said:
The penultimate season of “Game of Thrones” — a popular HBO show based on George R. R. Martin’s book series, “A Song of Ice and Fire” — is well underway. The show premiered on HBO in 2011. By 2014, it had surpassed “The Sopranos” as the most popular HBO series when it reached 20 millionviewers. Last year, in its sixth season, the show had a record-breaking 25.7 million viewers per episode across all platforms if you account for delayed viewers, according to Variety.

The seventh season premiere broke two more records when 16.1 million total viewers tuned in at the time of the broadcast and sent 2.4 million tweets while watching the show. That’s a 50 percent increase from last year’s premiere viewership.

Those viewership numbers don't come cheap. Thanks to high production values and expensive talent, it takes a whole lot of money to create a season of “Game of Thrones.”

Let's do the numbers on the number one show in the world
No, no, you're not done, grasshopper. I still have so much to teach you about the dark side of the debate-force. Here. Let's follow that link. Come spoon some more shit. Down the hatch!
Data reveals the 20 most popular TV shows of 2016
Business Insider said:
"Game of Thrones" was by far the most popular show around the world in 2016, according to a new analysis from Parrot Analytics. "The Walking Dead" came in second, followed by "Pretty Little Liars" and "Westworld."

Parrot analyzed not only ratings data (where available) but also peer-to-peer sharing, social media chatter, and other factors to estimate viewer demand for various shows. These combined measurements determine each show's "demand expressions" per day. Though the formula is opaque, the ranking appears to be one of the best ways to compare shows across platforms and measure how popular they really are.

What other shows ruled the past year? Check out the top 20 below.

1) HBO’s "Game of Thrones" with 7.2 million demand expressions per day. People around the world were desperate to learn the fate of Jon Snow and watch the rise of Daenerys Targaryen, as the epic adaptation moved past the novels into uncharted territory.
1-hbos-game-of-thrones-with-72-million-demand-expressions-per-day-people-around-the-world-were-desperate-to-learn-the-fate-of-jon-snow-and-watch-the-rise-of-daenerys-targaryen-as-the-epic-adaptation-moved-past-the-novels-into-uncharted-territory.jpg

HBO.
2) AMC’s "The Walking Dead" with 4.7 million demand expressions per day. The shocking beginning of season 7 led to an explosion in social media interest.
2-amcs-the-walking-dead-with-47-million-demand-expressions-per-day-the-shocking-beginning-of-season-7-led-to-an-explosion-in-social-media-interest.jpg

AMC
I can tell that your feelings are getting in the way, but...I don't care. You're just another scalp to me.

fnhk41.jpg

just get A Clash Of Kings Mod for Warband. best game of thrones game

I just want something set in the universe but plays like DA:Origins did. That's all I want.

Back