Why isn't there more Game of Thrones games?

This is objectively wrong. Game of Thrones is the most watched television show in the world. It got even bigger than Top Gear.

Oh I'm sorry, you make a really, really valid point. Here all this time I thought having a season premiere that almost DOUBLED Game of Thrones Season 7 premiere would warrant an objective statement such as the one I made.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/830271/Game-of-Thrones-season-7-The-Walking-Dead-smashes-Dragonstone-ratings-record-HBO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:The_Walking_Dead_ratings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes#Season_7_.282017.29

GOT with it's biggest season, and most successful episode doesn't even TOUCH a semi successful The Walking Dead season / episode. We're talking 5+ million excess on some Walking Dead over Game of Thrones. Walking Dead's Season 5 premiere is the most viewed premiere in the HISTORY of television.

But, but, but how do numbers work again!? For someone who knows so little you sure do talk a lot of shit Micky boy.

Guys, don't waste your time on numbers.

When I said "biggest thing right now", It's about many other factors, the world, the history, the delivery, the characters etc..

Last edited:
A Total War game based on the books would be a lot of fun.

Pretty sure there's a GoT overhaul mod for one of the TW games. There is a mod for Crusader Kings and possibly one for Mount & Blade.

Oh I'm sorry, you make a really, really valid point. Here all this time I thought having a season premiere that almost DOUBLED Game of Thrones Season 7 premiere would warrant an objective statement such as the one I made.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/830271/Game-of-Thrones-season-7-The-Walking-Dead-smashes-Dragonstone-ratings-record-HBO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes#Season_7_.282017.29

GOT with it's biggest season, and most successful episode doesn't even TOUCH a semi successful The Walking Dead season / episode. We're talking 5+ million excess on some Walking Dead over Game of Thrones. Walking Dead's Season 5 premiere is the most viewed premiere in the HISTORY of television.

But, but, but how do numbers work again!? For someone who knows so little you sure do talk a lot of shit Micky boy.

I'm not completely sure myself, but I believe @Madmick was saying that it's more popular worldwide, not just domestically.

Like I said, I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if GOT was beating TWD in other markets, and as a whole.

I'm pretty sure there's a GoT mobile game that just came out. It's probably as fun as having AIDS injected into my eyeballs, but it counts, I guess.

I'm not completely sure myself, but I believe @Madmick was saying that it's more popular worldwide, not just domestically.

I wouldn't be too surprised although I can't find any hard data on it.

The reality is is that GOT is pirated world wide a lot more (which is what that graph showed) but actual paying viewers watch The Walking Dead almost 2 to 1 over Game of Thrones.

When it comes time to sit and develop a game or product that will cost potentially hundreds of millions of development and marketing? Sorry, you don't reference a graph like something off the piratebay that says which is the most illegally downloaded. You also wouldn't use a "I think Game of Thrones is bigger" as a basis to launch the product.

Do you know what you would use? Actual data on consumers that purchase related content of said product. Most of those paying viewers in your target audience (USA) will prefer The Walking Dead content over GOT.

Pretty sure there's a GoT overhaul mod for one of the TW games. There is a mod for Crusader Kings and possibly one for Mount & Blade.

There's one for Medieval 2 and one for Attila. But a dedicated one based solely on the books and really fleshed out would be ideal. The DLC campaign ideas are also already there (Aegon's Conquest, Dance of the Dragons, Blackfyre Rebellion, Robert's Rebellion).

There's two soul stealing mods for M&B :)

Now if Bannerlords actually came out so we get the mods for those started (both mod creators mentioned it)

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...g-Dead-smashes-Dragonstone-ratings-record-HBO

TWD is on the downslide and GoT is still going strong.

I'm in the UK so I'm not entirely sure but don't a lot more people have the channel that TWD is on and GoT is on some premium channel?

http://uproxx.com/tv/game-of-thrones-walking-dead-ratings/

Across all legal platforms more people are watching GoT

However, ratings for the season premiere of The Walking Dead are somewhat misleading. It was after the season premiere that the AMC series began losing viewers. The series lost 5 million overnight viewers after that first episode and never regained them. Week 2 fell to 12 million viewers. Overnight ratings are also misleading, however, because The Walking Dead regularly added a few million more viewers on DVR throughout the week. In fact, for the season, The Walking Dead average around 15.5 million viewers a week after live ratings and DVR were accounted for.

However, 15.5 million viewers (TWD) is less than the 16 million viewers Game of Thrones scored in its season premiere, and those ratings are for the first day of viewers (and they don’t even include the 130,000 people who downloaded Game of Thrones illegally). As noted by Variety, weekly viewership on all platforms reached 25 million viewers last season, and given that this season’s premiere of Game of Thrones doubled the overnight ratings of last season’s premiere, it’s safe to say that weekly viewership will most certainly reach 25 million or more viewers again this season, which is significantly more than the 15.5 million viewers The Walking Dead averaged in its 7th season. Moreover, ratings for The Walking Dead are on the decline, while ratings for Game of Thrones are increasing as it nears the end of the series.

In short, for all intents and purposes, The Walking Dead is no longer the highest rated show on cable. That title belongs to the HBO series now, and Game of Thrones is not likely to relinquish the crown again until it goes off the air, at which point The Walking Dead will be in its 9th season and may ultimately find itself competing with Game of Thrones’ spin-offs for highest rated show on cable, assuming of course that Damon Lindelof’s Watchmen, Westworld, or Better Call Saul don’t squeeze past a declining The Walking Deadin upcoming years.

Game of Thrones: Conquest just came out on mobile but it looks like a reskinned Clash of Clans.

TWD is on the downslide and GoT is still going strong.

I'm in the UK so I'm not entirely sure but don't a lot more people have the channel that TWD is on and GoT is on some premium channel?

http://uproxx.com/tv/game-of-thrones-walking-dead-ratings/

Across all legal platforms more people are watching GoT

However, ratings for the season premiere of The Walking Dead are somewhat misleading. It was after the season premiere that the AMC series began losing viewers. The series lost 5 million overnight viewers after that first episode and never regained them. Week 2 fell to 12 million viewers. Overnight ratings are also misleading, however, because The Walking Dead regularly added a few million more viewers on DVR throughout the week. In fact, for the season, The Walking Dead average around 15.5 million viewers a week after live ratings and DVR were accounted for.

However, 15.5 million viewers (TWD) is less than the 16 million viewers Game of Thrones scored in its season premiere, and those ratings are for the first day of viewers (and they don’t even include the 130,000 people who downloaded Game of Thrones illegally). As noted by Variety, weekly viewership on all platforms reached 25 million viewers last season, and given that this season’s premiere of Game of Thrones doubled the overnight ratings of last season’s premiere, it’s safe to say that weekly viewership will most certainly reach 25 million or more viewers again this season, which is significantly more than the 15.5 million viewers The Walking Dead averaged in its 7th season. Moreover, ratings for The Walking Dead are on the decline, while ratings for Game of Thrones are increasing as it nears the end of the series.

In short, for all intents and purposes, The Walking Dead is no longer the highest rated show on cable. That title belongs to the HBO series now, and Game of Thrones is not likely to relinquish the crown again until it goes off the air, at which point The Walking Dead will be in its 9th season and may ultimately find itself competing with Game of Thrones’ spin-offs for highest rated show on cable, assuming of course that Damon Lindelof’s Watchmen, Westworld, or Better Call Saul don’t squeeze past a declining The Walking Deadin upcoming years.

Did you even bother reading the article you just posted? It's 100% speculation. I posted the actual data, you posted an opinion article. Look at the links I posted above that show the totals for each season.

Game of Thrones on it's best day can't compete with the success The Walking Dead has had. Walking Dead Season 7 is one of the *WORST* Seasons it's had in years and it still did better on average than Game of Thrones. The only episode of GOT that beat out a Walking Dead episode was the season finale.

Compare the finales of the last few seasons:

Game of Thrones season 5 finale: 8 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 5 finale: 16 million viewers

Game of Thrones season 6 finale: 9 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 6 finale: 14 million viewers

Game of Thrones season 7 finale: 12 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 7 finale: 11.3 million viewers

There Game of Thrones "FINALLY" has surpassed a single episode of The Walking Dead, but, the averages for the seasons?

Nielsen media research shows Game of Thrones season 7 average 10.2 million viewers.
Nielsen media research shows The Walking Dead season 7 average 11.3 million viewers.

Check this out....

Game of Thrones Season 7 most viewed episode: 12 million viewers.
The Walking Dead Season 7 most viewed episode: 17 million viewers.

It is undeniable that The Walking Dead is bigger, all the empirical data shows it as well. Game of Thrones at its biggest, most successful is still millions shy of even touching an average / successful TWD season. The only time it's gotten close is in Season 7 where The Walking Dead has had some of it's worst numbers yet, yet, still manages to beat Game of Thrones.

Did you even bother reading the article you just posted? It's 100% speculation. I posted the actual data, you posted an opinion article. Look at the links I posted above that show the totals for each season.

Game of Thrones on it's best day can't compete with the success The Walking Dead has had. Walking Dead Season 7 is one of the *WORST* Seasons it's had in years and it still did better on average than Game of Thrones. The only episode of GOT that beat out a Walking Dead episode was the season finale.

Compare the finales of the last few seasons:

Game of Thrones season 5 finale: 8 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 5 finale: 16 million viewers

Game of Thrones season 6 finale: 9 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 6 finale: 14 million viewers

Game of Thrones season 7 finale: 12 million viewers
The Walking Dead season 7 finale: 11.3 million viewers

There Game of Thrones "FINALLY" has surpassed a single episode of The Walking Dead, but, the averages for the seasons?

Nielsen media research shows Game of Thrones season 7 average 10.2 million viewers.
Nielsen media research shows The Walking Dead season 7 average 11.3 million viewers.

Check this out....

Game of Thrones Season 7 most viewed episode: 12 million viewers.
The Walking Dead Season 7 most viewed episode: 17 million viewers.

It is undeniable that The Walking Dead is bigger, all the empirical data shows it as well. Game of Thrones at its biggest, most successful is still millions shy of even touching an average / successful TWD season. The only time it's gotten close is in Season 7 where The Walking Dead has had some of it's worst numbers yet, yet, still manages to beat Game of Thrones.

It seems to me that this is simply an issue of access.

Nielsen says there's 116million US homes with TV's.

82% of American homes have AMC
30% of American homes have HBO

Source
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/re...each-cable-network-is-in-as-of-february-2015/

Now if we look at this as a proportion of available viewers more people are watching GoT and worldwide this is the case.

Proportion for Season 7 most viewed episode.
95 million potential viewers for AMC - 17 million viewers = 18% of potential viewers are watching
35 million potential viewers for HBO - 12 million viewers = 34% of potential viewers are watching

I think we can conclude if GOT was on AMC or if HBO had more subscribers it would smoke TWD as it does in the rest of the world.

The fact it can surpass an episode with only one third of the reach speaks volumes.

It would suck.

Consider the :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: posts in the thread.. and multiply it by ... well.. a lot.

How difficult it would be to please all the existing fans? Uggg.. It's not the "x' I hate... it's the fans.

It seems to me that this is simply an issue of access.

Nielsen says there's 116million US homes with TV's.

82% of American homes have AMC
30% of American homes have HBO

Source
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/re...each-cable-network-is-in-as-of-february-2015/

Now if we look at this as a proportion of available viewers more people are watching GoT and worldwide this is the case.

Proportion for Season 7 most viewed episode.
95 million potential viewers for AMC - 17 million viewers = 18% of potential viewers are watching
35 million potential viewers for HBO - 12 million viewers = 34% of potential viewers are watching

I think we can conclude if GOT was on AMC or if HBO had more subscribers it would smoke TWD as it does in the rest of the world.

HBO was over 36% by first quarter 2016. Reports have it closer to 40% at this point.

Furthermore people who own AMC are less likely to watch television than the 40% of people who go out of their way to purchase premium television channels. I didn't think I'd have to bring this point up, but, I suppose I do. For instance I guess I have AMC? I've never seen a single episode of The Walking Dead in my entire life! Yet I go out of my way to subscribe to HBO simply to watch Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones has tons of benefits from being on HBO, higher budget, better marketing, etc.

I guess we can now conclude that speculation and opinions have no place in this argument and the numbers speak for themselves.

Summary? The Walking Dead is bigger. The end.

HBO was over 36% by first quarter 2016. Reports have it closer to 40% at this point.

Furthermore people who own AMC are less likely to watch television than the 40% of people who go out of their way to purchase premium television channels. I didn't think I'd have to bring this point up, but, I suppose I do. For instance I guess I have AMC? I've never seen a single episode of The Walking Dead in my entire life! Yet I go out of my way to subscribe to HBO simply to watch Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones has tons of benefits from being on HBO, higher budget, better marketing, etc.

I guess we can now conclude that speculation and opinions have no place in this argument and the numbers speak for themselves.

Summary? The Walking Dead is bigger. The end.

Worldwide thought GoT is drastically more popular so it is very surprising there isn't more attempts at making a decent game.

https://www.inverse.com/amp/article...ason-7-popularity-ratings-fan-theories-piracy

you play the game of thrones and you either win or you die. that difficulty setting is pretty unforgiving.

PS : No spoilers from the book or ban.
The show is way further than the book. The show spoils the books at this point not the other way round.

Stannis is still alive in the books for christ sake... there's your spoilers.

The show is way further than the book. The show spoils the books at this point not the other way round.

Stannis is still alive in the books for christ sake... there's your spoilers.
Haha good good.

In fact, besides The Wolf Among Us, GoT is the first game they haven't made a sequel to, and have no plans to.

There is a Wolf Among Us sequel coming out, do you mean the Borderlands game, they're aren't doing a sequel to that due to the sales not being great/have no plans to do one.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-days-after-telling-fans-not-to-get-hopes-up

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-09-tales-from-the-borderlands-sales-werent-great

"So, you guys have said the next Borderlands story will come from Gearbox, which effectively rules you out of revisiting that universe for a good while.

Job Stauffer: We're not saying never. As of right now we have no plans to make a second season of Tales from the Borderlands."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...g-us-return-and-game-of-thrones-being-on-hold

Back