Why isnt Sergei in the HW Tourney?

Gambit MMA

UNDEFEATED YAMMAWEIGHT CHAMPION
@Silver
Reaction score
We got a buncha LHWs in this shit but you couldnt get Sergei? Bullshit

We got a buncha LHWs in this shit but you couldnt get Sergei? Bullshit

I am not positive but perhaps he plans on competing both in M-1 and Bellator still so he couldn't commit? I don't know man

he should definitely be in there instead of Chael who really is a MW.

Kongo deserves a spot way more the Sergei......

Sergei is 1-1 in bellator and is more interested in staying busy making money in M-1.The GP will take close to a year to complete,instead he will stay busy in M-1 and maybe a possible replacement if injury occur.

Kongo really got shafted but he is super fucking boring and at his age I doubt competing in a GP sounded appealing.

Lashley is too busy with pro wrasslin schedule to commit that much time to a GP.

Rampage can't make LHW and has made the transition to HW hes a legit hw.

BADER moving up is great imo should be fun.

CHAEL is garbage I hate him and he's a shit fighter but I will enjoy him crumbling.

This GP will be a lot of fun.

Hard to say why they let 4 LHW's in and left HW's on the sidelines. I think Bader and Chael are the biggest head scratches.

CroCop was a free agent also. Unless part of UFC release included he couldn't fight in North America or something odd like that. But he has to be number one or two guy you'd want to get in any HW tournament list outside of the UFC.

Why not have Serg in it?

Why not get your champ you stripped the title into the tournament?

Lashley is another guy, along with Kongo. Though I could see these two fighting as replacement fight.

Hard to say why they let 4 LHW's in and left HW's on the sidelines. I think Bader and Chael are the biggest head scratches.

CroCop was a free agent also. Unless part of UFC release included he couldn't fight in North America or something odd like that. But he has to be number one or two guy you'd want to get in any HW tournament list outside of the UFC.

Why not have Serg in it?

Why not get your champ you stripped the title into the tournament?

Lashley is another guy, along with Kongo. Though I could see these two fighting as replacement fight.

Technically only 2 are moving up as RAMPAGE is a HW his last fights were at HW and he's openly stated he can't make 205....hes a HW.And KING MO fights both HW and LHW this isn't new for him at all.Chael is a joke and shouldn't be in at all,BADER is moving up but stated when signing with bellator that he wanted to test HW.

Sergei wants to fight frequently which can't be done when commited to the tourney(can't fight outside bellator during tourney)also he is 1-1 and not a big draw unfortunately compared to the lineup.

Lashley much like Sergei works outside bellator pro wrasslin which conflicts with the tourney schedule and rules of fighting outside bellator during the tourney.

Minakov......LMFAO if only it were that easy haha.....they've been trying to get him back but no go thus far.Id prefer minakov over SONNEN but realistically I knew minakov would never be in this tourney.

Kongo got screwed but I think it's funny ppl say how boring he is and then ask why he's not in a gp lol.

Kongo deserves a spot way more the Sergei......

Sergei is 1-1 in bellator and is more interested in staying busy making money in M-1.The GP will take close to a year to complete,instead he will stay busy in M-1 and maybe a possible replacement if injury occur.

Kongo really got shafted but he is super fucking boring and at his age I doubt competing in a GP sounded appealing.

Lashley is too busy with pro wrasslin schedule to commit that much time to a GP.

Rampage can't make LHW and has made the transition to HW hes a legit hw.

BADER moving up is great imo should be fun.

CHAEL is garbage I hate him and he's a shit fighter but I will enjoy him crumbling.

This GP will be a lot of fun.

Sonnen is good though. Match him up with Fedor in the 1st round. Beating Shogun and Wand already makes him the pride legend killer. I'd would have a chance against Fedor. Not much of one but it's a fight if people would like to see.

Fair play to Bader, going after 2 titles, he will be worth a fortune of he wins. Fancy his chance too.

Maybe Sergei is an alternate, keeping his options open. Him
Vs Rampage would have been rock em sock em robots!

Kongo is old, and not that big a name, him winning would be shite for Bellator but he should be there.

SONNEN is not good lol....

He barely beat a decrepit old wandy lol.

SONNEN would have his hands full with rampage who has shot knees like wandy,still probably gets ktfo by RAMPAGE but that fight has his best odds to lay n pray to a W.

BADER would destroy SONNEN absolutely no contest.

BIG COUNTRY would ko SONNEN

Meathead record fast ko

Mir would ko or submit CHAEL you choose

Fedor would ko or submit you choose

KING MO runs through CHAEL like BADER does.

CHAEL doesn't belong in this at all its shameful because he's just a fight seller not a real competitor.

I know King Mo is somewhat a draw for them, but if Mo faces Bader during the tournament and Bader beats him ‎convincingly, the LHW div is fcked

But it's a fight at 265 not a fight at 205 there is a difference.

Because Rampage, Sonnen, Mo and even Bader are bigger names and will give Bellator bigger matches than Kongo, Sergei, Wren, Ayala.

Only one that made me scratch my head was Sonnen i hope he fights Meathead first round HW vs Mw lol

Be cool to see Rampage win this but I have Meathead beating all these guys

Bellator needs this to have big ratings and over the hill stars are apparently their best way to accomplish that.

Because Sergei is too good for this crapy "heavyweight" tournament with no names. Who are these guys anyway?

Yeah fuck it I wanted to see Sergei vs Mitrione in that tournament.

Bellator needs this to have big ratings and over the hill stars are apparently their best way to accomplish that.

This. Bellator hasnt done over 600k viewers in a few months.

This gives them 7 fights over the course of next year that can main event cards and a few of them like Rampage/Sonnen and Fedor/Mir should give them million + ratings.

Back