Why isn't Mousasi talked about in the GOAT discussion?

He deserves a spot somewhere on the MMA GOAT list based on what he accomplished in the sport. Fedor is the GOAT followed by GSP and some others but Mousasi has a spot on there in the top 10 to top 15 or so.

He was finally on the cusp of greatness and then he went to Bellator.

i like the moose but he is far from that discussion. that king mo and uriah hall losses are horrible stains on his record tho

Moose is top 5 goat of all time
People i can think who are higher

Fedor
Gsp( moose would whoop gsp )
Silva just because his title defenses but is a cheater)
Jones overated resume, has potential to be goat if he comes back clean

Moose above
hendo ped user got smashed too many times
Wanderlai cheater
Crop cop cheater
Gracie just a bjj artist who made a movement famous but not great

He's the most overrated and underrated fighter at the same time. Super good fighter but never quite made it to the top.
Maybe he'll try the UFC one more time. I'd like to see him try one more time at least.

Because he's nowhere near one of the GOATs.

He got submitted by Akihiro Gono. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily, but it sets a precedent that's difficult to overcome (and he hasn't).

cuz hes not. consistent guy thats always top 10, top 5 in a division but he doesnt have a ufc belt. and in ufc he lost to machida, jacare, and hall. his only good win was really just the weidman win and it was a strange stoppage that ruined the fight. other then that he lost to the other top guys he fought (machida, jacare)

Fighters should only be considered into GOAT discussion if they have reached the top of their division at least "once".

Mousasi has never become a consensus number one in any division he fought in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back