Why isn’t Jouban more popular?

I've always been a fan of his. He's a geniune good dude. And he's always in a war.

Great. Now that you cleared that up im
Sure he will be popular now. We just need u alongside him to justify his record everytime he is in front of a camera
No, dubbie, you're still assuming that his record is what is keeping him from being popular. That's purely speculative on your part.

I'm simply saying that your claim of 16-6 being a bad record, is wrong. I'm not suggesting that he should be popular for his record.

Kids these days can be so dumb

This is complete BS

true fans want to see the best

you sherrdoggers/ casual fans want to see Mike Perry, Cm Punk..
True, there are people here wanting to say Conor vs Nate next, they love the spectacle more than the sport.

If you're asking why he's not more popular on Sherdog, the one simple answer is the Mike Perry crew instantly made him the villian when he beat their boy. I'm not a Perry hater either, he's kind of grown on me. Just stating the facts as I see 'em.

Too chinny for me. I root for him but it's hard to get too invested in someone who gets rocked consistently. As a Wandy fan I've experienced this many times.

I like the guy...

On the contrary I find him to be more popular around here than he deserves. He chokes and gets finished in every big fight when he tries to step up in the rankings. He's already 36 years old and doesn't seem like he's capable of moving up to have big fights anytime soon before he's too old so why bother investing time in a guy like that?

On the contrary I find him to be more popular around here than he deserves. He chokes and gets finished in every big fight when he tries to step up in the rankings. He's already 36 years old and doesn't seem like he's capable of moving up to have big fights anytime soon before he's too old so why bother investing time in a guy like that?

Surprised he is 36...looks and moves like someone much younger...

giphy.gif
Didn't catch the fight. Holy shit. Poor Ben.

Surprised he is 36...looks and moves like someone much younger...
Yeah I was surprised as hell when I found out too. He didn't start combat sports professionally until he was like 29 so he can safely make it to 40, but beyond that I dunno.

Because Hes 16-6 and has already been KOd in half of his losses

Maybe, but one of the great things about MMA fans over boxing fans (I'm both), is that MMA fans are no where nearly as obsessed with a few losses as boxing fans are.

Joe Lauzon (27-14), Nate Diaz (19-11), Clay Guida (34-17), Donald Cerrone (33-10) all have large fan bases despite having 10 or more losses. You won't find boxing fans liking any boxer with close to 10 losses these days.

So Jouban's 16-6 record isn't the main reason why he doesn't have a lot of fans. Probably more to do with his age that he's never been promoted/pushed by the UFC. If Jouban had half the promotional push of young prospect Erick Silva, I think he would have a solid fanbase.

Cuz he can only bang 9.5's.

Back