why is western culture becoming so shameless? | Page 5

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by tramendous, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Thurisaz Account inactive

Thurisaz
    Who's this judeo-christ I keep hearing about?

Lumping Judaism and Christianity makes no more sense than lumping together Shinto and Hindu systems.

2. Squarechoke Gold Belt

Squarechoke
    That's one line from one country and we're talking about the western world. There are of course things that are similar today that Christianity says (just like those ideals were around before Christianity), but it's very notable how secular philosophy has changed the societies that Christianity built up.

Christianity is also changing, which is further showing that it's not the word of God in even their minds, since if it was it should be perfect and something mankind could live by forever, and since it's changing the line between it and secular philosophy of course gets blurred more. Jesus told us to give all excess to the poor, but we definitely don't. By the standards of his time we're all living almost like kings. He said that the laws of the prophets are not to be abolished but that he was there to fulfill them, so we've turned our back on Christianity by abolishing slavery, capital punishment (especially for things like unruly children and so on), etc and made new views on that.

Regarding sexual activity, the prude stance of Christianity was to a large extent just a reaction to the culture of the Roman Empire. Given what I think of Islam and their even harsher stance on the subject I think we would have been better off by keeping the Roman openness. I prefer free sex between consensual adults to rules like in the Bible where if you rape someone (a virign no less) you have to taken the woman as your wife. Double loss for the woman in that case.

Change will inevitably come with both good and bad, to expect anything else is foolish. Bad change can be changed again though and I think we as a society has consistently gotten better. I certainly wouldn't like to jump back 500, 1000 or 2000 years and live like that.

3. GORETAURO WOLVERINES!!!

GORETAURO
    "That's one line from one country and we're talking about the western world." -- yes, it is the fruition of western thought and our society has been the most successful and inspirational in all of history.

"Christianity is also changing" -- no it is not. Christianity is based on long existing texts and cannot change because there are no new inspired writings. Now, if you are telling me some christians are different that is another thing.

PS all those western european countries are also based on christian values even though they do not have God mention in their declaration of freedom....most don't have such a piece of paper anyway.

But make no mistake, one of the pillars of this country is christian thought and morality.

When you brought up slavery, you know that the abolitionists of both america and england were christian and used the bible as reason to end slavery?

You take away christianity you are making a cake without flour.

Well, you understand that Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism? The jews are along long before christians.

Did you get your troll tummy full now?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. Thurisaz Account inactive

Thurisaz
    It is not. Judaism began when it divorced itself from Christianity and was fundamentally opposed to it from the start. It is also a whole lot more than the Old Testament. You might just as well talk about Christo-Satanism or Judeo-Islam, neither of which anyone does. "Judeo-christian" is both an anti-Christian and an antisemitic term, shitting on both religions, though it was originally concocted to subvert the idea of America as a Christian nation.

The Jews are a people and the Judaic claim to the Old Testament is no stronger than the Christian one. One could claim it's weaker, as their selection of books was not done to keep the Hebraic tradition but to purposefully omit everything that was too obviously speaking of Christ.

That's rich coming from you, monomaniac.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Kafir-kun likes this.
  5. Kafir-kun Gold Belt

Kafir-kun
    But is that because of the liberal media? I think that dynamic has been around longer than there has existed a liberal media.
    That's true and violent crime is trending downwards as well. Also the Western world is more peaceful as well. Rewind the clock a century and Western Europe would be in the worst war the world had ever seen, only to be followed 20 years later by yet and even worse war.

6. snakedafunky Double Yellow Card

snakedafunky
    I don't see any issue with this new shamelessness of women.
    In fact, I strongly encourage it.

It's a win/win for me. Girls are easier and less competition. Just lots of Betas wishing back 1862.
    Because the most attractive thing for women is a man that complaints about how shameless women have become and how everything was better in the past.
    That has yet to fail to get the women hot.

Rod1 likes this.
  7. CEROVFC --------------------------------------------------

CEROVFC
    This is a huge question with no simple answer, but ultimately hyper-individualistic societies result in people trying to justify anything. Instead of something being embarrassing and shameful in the past, people will write songs about how awesome said thing is.

With technology now, attention whoring and click bait is literally big business. And the more extreme something is, the more clicks it gets.

8. Thurisaz Account inactive

Thurisaz
    In 1862 the society wasn't killing itself with infertility.

No one wants a whore for a wife and no one wants a family without a wife. Far too many men and women wake up to understand this when the time for starting a family is long past.

dontsnitch likes this.
  9. snakedafunky Double Yellow Card

snakedafunky
    Well maybe if guys would act more like real men there wouldn't be an issue.
    Believe me complaining in an Internet forum about the shamelessness of women won't get you a good one.

A good family won't fall from the sky into your lap. That only roots in your own will and your own labor.
    No one is going to give you anything as a gift. Wishing back a time that won't come back won't make you a man.
    Adjusting to the times and go out and get what you want will.

Also, you totally want a "whore" as a wife. Believe me, I speak out of experience.
    The worst thing for a marriage is a boring sex life. That is a guaranteed way to divorce.

10. GORETAURO WOLVERINES!!!

GORETAURO
    Well, you understand that Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism? The jews are along long before christians.
    Holy shit you are wrong.
    Here is me just attacking one of your worthless statements, little boy.

"Judaism began when it divorced itself from Christianity and was fundamentally opposed to it from the start."

Hmm......Seem the facts disagree with your girly feelings.

Now, before I post my proof shitting on this, remember Jesus was not born until about 2017 years ago.

Judaism is one of the oldest monotheistic religions and was founded over 3500 years ago in the Middle East. Jews believe that God appointed the Jews to be his chosen people in order to set an example of holiness and ethical behaviour to the world.
    BBC - Religion: Judaism
    www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/judaism/

11. irish_thug Gold Belt

irish_thug
    That's my answer for most things.

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  12. Thurisaz Account inactive

Thurisaz
    There are even bigger fonts than that, buckaroo, and they don't help your case either. You don't even understand that the Jews and Judaism are different things. Yet you completely and utterly did not understand the fact that the "Judaism" BBC talks of until the life of Christ is precisely the same as Christianity until the life of Christ. They're the same fucking tradition, idiot. Neither one is older than the other in that sense. Judaism could perfectly well be called younger than Christianity, because its holy writings were canonized in opposition to Christianity, as I stated - they disregard stuff that was fully kosher until the separation.

You're severely undersized for this ride. Learn some facts and some humility, for fucks sake.

snakedafunky and Kafir-kun like this.
  13. Squarechoke Gold Belt

Squarechoke
    I was talking about Christianity in the sense that it practically exists these days, as Christians will object when I say that their lives strongly contradict the Bible and Jesus' teachings. It was just a semantic choice.

The western nations were founded in Christianity, but have changed much from that time thanks to secular philosophy. They have remnants from the culture before Christianity came there as well. In fact, by what we've seen collected there's good chance that the viking societies had more rights for women than the same area had under Christianity, to name one example.

The Bible is a contradictory mess, so with cherry picking you can say a lot of things, but there's no question whatsoever that the Bible allows for slavery as it specifies how to own and treat them (and it's quite horrible, by modern moral standards). It's just one of all the things there that does not fit well with what's generally considered moral these days. Not strange if it's a set of rules made up by people that are products of their own age. Very strange if it's the word of an all-knowing god.

No one is talking about taking away Christianity as a stepping stone in our development, just as you can't take away the steps before that as Christianity just continued tons of moral rules that were created long before it. To go back and apply biblical laws to our current society would be taking a big step backwards though.

Having people live according to the basic teaching of Jesus (ignoring some aggressive things) would probably be good though, but unfortunately there's almost no one even trying to do that. That's why we are rude, arrogant, selfish, greedy, violent, etc.

14. lfd0311 Gold Belt

lfd0311
    Totally. Let's move more towards a world where women can be executed for acting on basic human nature.

ObsoleteSoul likes this.
  15. Thurisaz Account inactive

Thurisaz
    How do you imagine them acting like real men when they've never met one?

Thanks for the projection, but I'm married and have kids.

One can't behave well for others.

Status quo is a result of deliberate choices and it's fully possible to take back the ones that ruin relationships and people.

You know you're talking past me by putting the whore in scare quotes. A high N count is also a reliable road to divorce. People learn to do what they do. Engage in meaningless sex for 10 years and there's very little chance you'll turn out to be a faithful husband or wife.

dontsnitch and Jim Bob like this.
  16. snakedafunky Double Yellow Card

snakedafunky
    Yeah, I noticed that sorry. That sounded like I meant you. I wasn't sure if you were married or not I mean that for people that complain and not doing anything against it.

Mandatory military service.

When has that ever happened? You should embrace that people do what they want. There is nothing wrong with a women or men whoring it up.
    If that is what you want to do and a result never be able to have a happy married life. You are free to do so.

There is no difference between having sex wit my wife or the sex I had with all the girls before. All sex is meaningless maybe minus the times that lead to a child.
    It's just something human do for entertainment. There is no reason to believe it is something sacred or that anyone should be ashamed of having lots of it with lots of different people.
    You just change from have meaningless sex with lots of people to only one.
    What I meant when I put whore in "". Was that you need is a woman that know what she wants and in turn knows how to deliver.

17. tramendous Black Belt

tramendous
    This seems to be the typical response from the nay sayers in this thread. That it has to be one destructive extreme over another. That so long as your extreme isnt as bad as the opposite, then you should continue with your own destructive behavior.

CEROVFC and Kafir-kun like this.
  18. Undying Poster Yellow Card

Undying Poster
    What type of backwards culture completely covers women except their feet? Arent they aware of foot fetishes?

TheWorm likes this.
  19. Undying Poster Yellow Card

Undying Poster
    You forgot that they all were smoking weed before that

Come on son, they clearly were high as fuck to be that age and care about the environment

20. lfd0311 Gold Belt

lfd0311
    What would you like to see instead? Because right or wrong, we're seeing the evolution of Western Culture.