Why is UFC so heavily tested and not NBA or NFL

Some of these guys have hundred million dollar+ contracts and to have better odds of getting one all they need to do is use epo, high, and steroids they never get tested for; they’re all on it. Look at cyclists they were skinny with little muscle mass and all of them were juiced up.

Have y’all seen Cam Newton he is the same size as Ubereem with even lower body fat.

You picked basketball players who are known for being heavily built. Typical NBA players are not built like that. Many if not most NBA players make Jones look stocky.

There’s not a “typical NBA player” build. I could easily list a hundred current players who would make Jones look like a string bean. There are also plenty who are thinner than him.

It’s not the 1970s anymore. S&C training is a standard part of being an NBA player. Players, for the most part, are bigger and stronger than ever (minus Shaq and Wilt Chamberlain of course).

Probably because those "athletes" are bouncing a ball around a small court while fighters are bouncing their heads on the mat?

You can't compare ball sports to actual fighting.

Most of them are sticks, height isn't an excuse, compare Wade at 6'4 to Overeem, Stipe, Ngannou, Brock etc
Actually the average height and weight in the NBA currently is 6'7" and 220 pounds. Even at 10% body fat, that is a significantly above average FFMI.

Plus these guys are playing 82 games sometimes back to back. What helps bodies recover quickly? Steroids and HGH. What helps endurance athletes? Epo and blood doping, but they don’t test for those in the NBA so therefore nobody must be using? False, they don’t test so most likely more are using than are not using.

There’s not a “typical NBA player” build. I could easily list a hundred current players who would make Jones look like a string bean. There are also plenty who are thinner than him.

It’s not the 1970s anymore. S&C training is a standard part of being an NBA player. Players, for the most part, are bigger and stronger than ever (minus Shaq and Wilt Chamberlain of course).
the fact you are claiming only 1 out of 3 or 4 nba players are more heavily built than Jones is agreeing with me. I'd say that's about right.

Last edited:
Unions have nothing to do with that. NFL players get caught all the time.
Comprehension is key kiddo.. but yes, unions have everything to do with it. But sit back from the couch and tell me more, because it's not like my cousins aren't ex NFL player Milo Lewis, ex MLB pitcher Joe "kid cannon" Gardner, didn't grow up with ex NFL wideout Bobby Shaw, and my brother in law's bestfriend is ex NFL player Lenny Walls.. and to go further, it's not like my cousin isn't pro boxer Karim Mayfield and I never turned pro in mma in 2013 for shits and giggles as a hobby at 35yrs old after going 2-1 as an Am. So you are right, I know nothing of what the topic is.

People think PEDs like anabolics only make you big and strong and poorly endowed. Very poor perceptions of them, and a lot of people would surprised with how many PEDs are in the NBA!
This! +1

The UFC all time greats legacy have been ruined by steroid scandals, when the NBA and NFL also has a high amount of people cheating using steroids and those guys never get tested or found guilty of anything even though they are better athletes than in the UFC; and they all look like Sage / Ubereem/ and Lesnar.

Maybe because in those sports you literally are not trying to beat someone into unconsciousness.

Comprehension is key kiddo.. but yes, unions have everything to do with it. But sit back from the couch and tell me more, because it's not like my cousins aren't ex NFL player Milo Lewis, ex MLB pitcher Joe "kid cannon" Gardner, didn't grow up with ex NFL wideout Bobby Shaw, and my brother in law's bestfriend is ex NFL player Lenny Walls.. and to go further, it's not like my cousin isn't pro boxer Karim Mayfield and I never turned pro in mma in 2013 for shits and giggles as a hobby at 35yrs old after going 2-1 as an Am. So you are right, I know nothing of what the topic is.

Dude, you could be married to Michael Jordan for all I give a shit. It still doesn’t give you any type of credibility. Tell me this, the MLB is the most powerful union in all of pro sports—avid sports fans knows this. Did they stop Arod, the highest paid baseball player of all time, from dealing with the consequences of his PED issues? How about Manny Ramirez?

NFL union is notoriously weak. Please go ask your cousins to explain to me how the unions protect players from PED tests.

Dude, you could be married to Michael Jordan for all I give a shit. It still doesn’t give you any type of credibility. Tell me this, the MLB is the most powerful union in all of pro sports—avid sports fans knows this. Did they stop Arod, the highest paid baseball player of all time, from dealing with the consequences of his PED issues? How about Manny Ramirez?

NFL union is notoriously weak. Please go ask your cousins to explain to me how the unions protect players from PED tests.
I would listen to whoever was married to Jordan over some guy with no resume at all.. so stopped reading after you said that as anything after was ignorant and blind. I state facts and resume, while you state things you heard the media say or read on the internet. Opinions and facts tend to be vastly dif, with no resume behind the opinion. But try again.. next.

Different throwing a ball about whilst jacked on EPO and potentially giving another man brain damage whilst possessing the testosterone levels of a small ape.

A more valid comparison would be between UFC atheletes and boxers.

I would listen to whoever was married to Jordan over some guy with no resume at all.. so stopped reading after you said that as anything after was ignorant and blind. I state facts and resume, while you state things you heard the media say or read on the internet. Opinions and facts tend to be vastly dif, with no resume behind the opinion. But try again.. next.

You haven’t stated a single fact about the topic at hand. All you’ve done attempt to get into a dick measuring contest. You being someone’s cousin has nothing to do with this topic.

Because like with hot dogs/sausage. Those sports don't want to know how its made, just that it's good.

Unions have nothing to do with that. NFL players get caught all the time.
A lot of NFL players support testing because they don't want guys juicing freely and hitting them as hard as they can.
That’s not the claim I made at all. You made that up.

I said “I can easily list a hundred players...” Meaning off the top of my head I could easily offer a hundred names of players who would make Jones look skinny—there are that many guys with more mass on their physiques than Jones that it would be easy. However, I did NOT say that there are only one hundred players who are bulkier than Jones. Do you see the difference?
well the average NBA player is 6'7" and 220 pounds. Jones is 6'4" and probably heavier than that when he isn't cutting weight. so no matter what you want to say they are very slender.

Remember back when guys in baseball were blasting roids/HGH/etc and it was McGwire and Bonds competing for the most homeruns? Baseball got really popular at the time because it was more exciting than the typical boring games. The other big sports noticed this and figured they should juice all their athletes up too to get more exciting games, except keep it on the down low so there's no scandal. Basically 100% of the NFL are on PEDs.

The UFC all time greats legacy have been ruined by steroid scandals, when the NBA and NFL also has a high amount of people cheating using steroids and those guys never get tested or found guilty of anything even though they are better athletes than in the UFC; and they all look like Sage / Ubereem/ and Lesnar.

a team game is harder to control for PEDs than a 1vs1....
and PEDs on a 1vs1 is more impactful than a player in a whole team.

Back