Why is TJ obsessed with fighting Demetrius?

TJ is a great fighter but he is no more of a draw then MM.
I think he is, Conor (UFC's biggest star) pegging him as "the snake" ( those videos and tweets has been shared millions of times), the beefs TJ has with a couple of the popular fighters tied to Team Alpha male (like Urijah Faber), TJ being one of coaches of TUF and finally TJ being a part of much more popular co-main and main events by facing names like D.Cruz in recent years.
TJ is much more famous among the casual fans of the sport, even though he doesnt have the impressive fight record of MM?

I think he is, Conor (UFC's biggest star) pegging him as "the snake" ( those videos and tweets has been shared millions of times), the beefs TJ has with a couple of the popular fighters tied to Team Alpha male (like Urijah Faber), TJ being one of coaches of TUF and finally TJ being a part of much more popular co-main and main events by facing names like D.Cruz in recent years.
TJ is much more famous among the casual fans of the sport, even though he doesnt have the impressive fight record of MM?

Perhaps. He hasn’t headlined a PPV like MM so we don’t really know if he can carry a card. MM hasn’t been able to.

Perhaps. He hasn’t headlined a PPV like MM so we don’t really know if he can carry a card. MM hasn’t been able to.

Umm what? TJ has headlined two PPVs and both of them have sold just as bad as any MM PPV.

It might not be a huge payday but it would be a superfight, he'd be a 2 division champ if he wins and would have a win over the current p4p #1 fighter whom some also refer to as the GOAT.

Umm what? TJ has headlined two PPVs and both of them have sold just as bad as any MM PPV.

You sure about that? The only time I remember him headlining a PPV was the first Barao fight and TJ wasn’t the champ at that point. Every one of his fights as Champion were televised non-PPV events if I recall correctly.

Edit: He had one as champion, the Joe Soto fight but Soto was an unknown late replacement.

Last edited:
He got a padded record and is somehow considered GOAT when dom cruz beat his ass. TJ wants a easy payday.

Again MM only asked for extra money "if" TJ failed to make weight. He did not ask for an extra penny to fight a 125lb TJ, or refuse to fight TJ at 125lb.

He refused to fight a TJ who weighs more than 125 at FW. Which is faire.
Opting to fight a guy that missed 125 in 2 of his last 4 fights and using the missing weight excuse with TJ is a hilarious double standard.

He had no intention of fighting TJ. He was fighting Ray Borg either way.

as a friend of mine said "stay in your lane".

sick of people ruining divisions to get two belts and run away

You sure about that? The only time I remember him headlining a PPV was the first Barao fight and TJ wasn’t the champ at that point. Every one of his fights as Champion were televised non-PPV events if I recall correctly.

Edit: He had one as champion, the Joe Soto fight but Soto was an unknown late replacement.

TJ isn't a draw just as MM isn't a draw, this fight is all about TJ thinking it will be an easy way to grab two titles. If he truly wanted to fight MM to test himself he'd put his own belt on the line because if either of them deserve a shot at a second title it's MM and not TJ hands down.

I think your missing my point. I want to see MM fight TJ as much as anyone else. I actually think MM should do what Anderson did and go up and fight at 135.

That being said, MM doesn't owe anyone anything. He's the most consistent champ in the history of the UFC. No injuries, no DUI's, a good finishing record, and a historical win streak.

TJ calls out MM. Mouse declines. That sucks but I'll survive. Just move on. What's with obsession?

I don't get why people are freaking out over MM's decision to negotiate. Conor doesn't defend any of his belts any everyone makes excuses for him.
No obsession, but Mighty Mouse dicktucked and took the easy way just to say he broke some numerical record. That’s why most don’t consider him in the same category as Anderson, GSP, and Fedor who all took on and beat bigger guys.

Back