Why is TJ obsessed with fighting Demetrius?

easy fight
money fight
greed
jelaousy
why not fight a midget
Finally an honest response. I'm sick of this "he want's to test himself" bull shit. Test yourself against Max Holloway or Aldo. He wants an easy fight and bragging rights. There's no money in fighting MM. TJ just wants to stroke his ego.

Wait aren't they like both the same,size? Regardless it sounds like an awesome fight, i want it.

He knows that Cody is better and wants to delay that rematch as long as he can. It's utter fucking bullshit.

Champs should not be allowed to hop around divisions until they have proven themselves to be dominant in their own. Dilly has obviously not done that.

If Cody had won he was going to do the exact samething

That's a bit much
It's rather distasteful when you start shooping fighter's wives/family.
why_so_serious-wide.jpg

Demetrius aint Conor, he isn't a draw so it's not a money fight.
They don't have any personal beef, this isn't a grudge match.

It seems to be motivated by jealousy, ego, and maybe a touch of cowardice. Going down to fight a smaller guy? Why not go up and fight Max Holloway?
if you make the smaller weight then the other guy really isn't smaller, is he?

So you don't find it funny that he want's to go down and fight the weaker guy, but doesn't say anything about going up and fight Holloway? Doesn't say shit about fighting Aldo who was on the top of his game for a decade?

I have no problem with TJ offering the challenge, but if Mouse doesn't take the bait then fucking move on. There's rematch's with Cruz, Assuncao, Garbrant. You got Lineker, Rivera as contenders.

It just strikes me as odd that TJ feel's like MM owes him a fight. Different divisions, No personal beef. I'm not against the fight, I just don't get the endless campaign from TJ.

Maybe because fans like myself would love it.

Because it puts him in good status with Dana for making Mighty Mouse look bad. Something Dana has always wanted to do and has never found a way to do it.

I disagree, Dana has been behind MM far more than TJ who the UFC clearly wanted to loose to Cruz and Cody, hence making his road back to the title so hard which resulted in him having beaten all the top guys at 135lbs recently bar the injuried Cruz.

Finally an honest response. I'm sick of this "he want's to test himself" bull shit. Test yourself against Max Holloway or Aldo. He wants an easy fight and bragging rights. There's no money in fighting MM. TJ just wants to stroke his ego.
and the UFC want a 125 champ with an increased potential for being popular and sellable. MM is not easy for the UFC to sell.

and the UFC want a 125 champ with an increased potential for being popular and sellable. MM is not easy for the UFC to sell.
If they can't sell MM now, they never will.

There just trying to find new way's to squeeze money out of him. They'll probably have MM fight Rose for the first inter gender 125 match because the freak show would "make money".

Easy fight, possibly big paycheck, beating the alleged "GOAT" is a nice feather for a cap.

In a company of 1 yes that theory makes sense..but DJ isn't the only fighter in the UfC nor is the success of his card or fight soley his responsibilty.. hes being essentially kept out of the money by the employer that pays him, due to the cards he's offered,fighters available to him and the amount of marketing put behind him..so the promotion is at fault too..that what doesn't make it fair..it's not his fault he beats everyone...in dominate fashion that's his job..it's his opponents job to stop him and help promote fights...If Djs fights had be on bigger cards instead of stand alones. .perhaps his exposure bigger to the masses and he pulls in more money. .. because I can't see a guy who pulls off what he does in the cage not blowing up when put on the right viewing paltform
Cmon. The ufc tries to promote him. The interest just isn’t there. Free cards actually have viewers. They are an avenue to showcasing a fighter. Conor was on free tv. Dj gets promotion and he gets exposure he just doesn’t get interest.

Demetrius aint Conor, he isn't a draw so it's not a money fight.
They don't have any personal beef, this isn't a grudge match.

It seems to be motivated by jealousy, ego, and maybe a touch of cowardice. Going down to fight a smaller guy? Why not go up and fight Max Holloway?

He seemed to REALLY want to take away DJ's chance to make history too. Why? The motivation just seems mean spirited.

I'm starting to think there's truth to TJ's mean streak and general asshole qualities.

I think that he knows DJ is the P4P#1 and a good runner up for GOAT status, so it would be a bigger accomplishment than fighting Max.... and less dangerous as well, since he is a bigger & stronger guy than DJ (Bot not bigger or stronger than Max).

But Max also just got the belt, so it has far less appeal (to him) than beating someone who is dominating his division for long.

the part I don't like is that he should first avenge his loss (to Cruz) and maybe rematch Colby.
Clean up his division first, THEN look elsewhere.

Cmon. The ufc tries to promote him. The interest just isn’t there. Free cards actually have viewers. They are an avenue to showcasing a fighter. Conor was on free tv. Dj gets promotion and he gets exposure he just doesn’t get interest.

I dunno man, I don't see what your saying the guy does everything right as a fighter..he won his divison title and keeps defeating rightful contender after rightful contender in phemonal and dominate style.. there not just picking guys off the street..everyone he's beaten earned there shot at him and they were beaten soundly..I think there tons of interest in a guy who pulling off armbars with 1 second left in a fight..or suplex into armbar combos ..or the way he koed benavidez , the speed and power for the size is crazy... he might not appeal to the everyday fan because they want an over the top character who's acts like asshole ( mcgregor) the same people who cheer colby or watch kardashsians ..but I think real MMA fans or people who admire the skill behind the techniques are defiantly interested in him. .and him fighting tj will only boost that. ..that's why he wants more pay...you can't argue that he should fight for 300,000 against another champ , for P4P dominance ..and put his streak on the line...it's not worth it.. there asking so much and giving so little to him.. especially when a non title 170 fight between mgregor and Diaz brought them a way bigger pay day then 300 to 500 thousand..believe nate got 1mil..he's good but nowhere as accomplished as MM and who knows what mcgregor made

He gets bare minimumAL exposure doing free cards competing agaisnt prime time sports and other TV events..put him.on some PPV he's worth it. ..he could easily be the first of 3 title fights on mega card. .and he'll show up and perform. .

He's said all along his goal is to be p4p #1. Since DJ's seen as that now he wants to beat him and Duane and him (rightfully) think he's more of a challenge for that status than fighting Sergio, Borg, Reis or rematching Cejudo (even though Cejudo looked great in his last). TJ thinks he's better than him.

TJ fully knows MM's not a draw. It's not about chasing a big fight, but upping his own standing.

I don't think it's going to draw big numbers despite being 2 champions fighting eachother. DJ just broke the record for most defenses by armbarring some guy in the air after a supplex and people still don't care. TJ isn't really well known outside the MMA bubble either. But it's still the biggest fight for both.

Hopefully TJ is doing it to move closer to the #1 P4P spot and not just for money. They are prize fighters I get it, but the constant whining about "money fights" since Conor came around is annoying.

Back