Why is Timothy Johnson the favorite over Kongo?

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just noticed this. Seems like there's some money to be made here.

Tim Johnson was too good for UFC. He's gonna clinch, land some dirty uppercuts. Go home and drink a few Budweisers, maybe work on his truck

It's called Wrestling.
I bet 2hrs a go you wrote "why is bader a big favorite over Mitrione there's money to be made here."
And last week "why is khabib a favorite over conor. ."

It's called Wrestling.
I bet 2hrs a go you wrote "why is bader a big favorite over Mitrione there's money to be made here."
And last week "why is khabib a favorite over conor. ."

{<huh}

Since when was Johnson v. Kongo a wrestler vs striker match? Perhaps you should go back and watch Kongo's previous fights, particularly their respective fights against Volkov.

And unlike me, you bet wrong ya goof:

baderbet.JPG

Kongo's 43 years old and Timothy Johnson had an underrated run in the UFC. Honestly, I'm not surprised.

Johnson will carry a size advantage and has a similar style, Kongo isn't going to be able to out clinch him.

I think the one thing Sherdoggers can agree on is that most of us have met or crossed paths with a guy that reminds us of Timothy Johnson here in the states. I bet Big Tim eats burgers and dogs on the grill everyday, has half rack boxes of Budweiser in a pile outside his porch door, owns a pitbull/lab mix, has a couple cats that pretty much live outside, and has a primer spotted Trans Am on concrete blocks in his driveway. When you think of McDonalds, Marlboros, BEER, and putting in a hard days work, Timothy Johnson comes to mind.

Yeah. On Tim Johnson. You do realize Tim Johnson got robbed against Volkov right?

Kongo's style for years has been to bully guys in the clinch. But he can't do that to Tim.

Kongo is the prototype for beatng Johnson.
His wrestling isn't THAT bad, and Johnson's wrestling isn't THAT good. Its gonna look like Kongo vs Jordan, Mitrione or any other bloke he pinned to the cage for 15mins.

Yeah. On Tim Johnson. You do realize Tim Johnson got robbed against Volkov right?

Kongo's style for years has been to bully guys in the clinch. But he can't do that to Tim.

You do realize Kongo dominated Volkov on the ground right?

God damn, Im realllllly starting to regret for betting Johnson. I have a feeling Kongo going to lay n pray him.

I feel like Johnson is going to dirty box the hell out of Kongo from the half collar clinch. Johnson isn't fast or flashy but he's very effective from the clinch and strong.

I expect at least 3 knees to the balls of Johnson.

God damn, Im realllllly starting to regret for betting Johnson. I have a feeling Kongo going to lay n pray him.
You're money is probably safe, Timmy will treat Kongo to a 15 min mustache ride.

Kongo's 43 years old and Timothy Johnson had an underrated run in the UFC. Honestly, I'm not surprised.

Meh, it was a 4-3 run against mediocre fighters in the UFC. I was going to say he beat Volkov but I forgot that was Tony Johnson. Tim lost to Volkov.

That said, he's a 260 pound wrestler, and real wrestlers (King Mo, Cain, etc.) usually give Kongo trouble...since he can't do his own wrestling and wall-n-stall effectively. And yes, the 10 year age gap is an edge.

Kongo is the prototype for beatng Johnson.
His wrestling isn't THAT bad, and Johnson's wrestling isn't THAT good. Its gonna look like Kongo vs Jordan, Mitrione or any other bloke he pinned to the cage for 15mins.

Fair point, but Jordan and Mitrione were football players while Tim was a Div 2 wrestler. We'll see if Kongo can outwrestle a wrestler who outweighs him and is considerably younger.

Back