Why is Till different from other fighters who've missed weight?

The dude openly brags that he’s way too big for the division and should be fighting 2 weight classes up

He said it should be illegal for a guy his size to fight WWs

And then he severely misses weight

I totally get why WB did this, just like Vitor Vs Rumble, who also wanted to fight guys much smaller than himself at WW. Rumble missed weight 7 pounds once and 6 pounds at WW. Then missed huge at MW against Vitor as well

It’s fucking pathetic.

Last edited:
And he's even at his hometurf and misses weight.

kind of a weird solution, they make a big deal about fighter safety and the danger of weight cutting but they make a fighter fight while dehydrated, belfort vs rumble was a farce, it was till fault but either cancel the fight or allow him to properly rehydrate, rumble was gassed after two minutes, hope it won't be the same in this fight

He's allowed to be up to 18lbs heavier than the weight limit. That's pretty generous. Till also stated that he will have trouble staying below 188 because he "has a slow metabolism"....

kind of a weird solution, they make a big deal about fighter safety and the danger of weight cutting but they make a fighter fight while dehydrated, belfort vs rumble was a farce, it was till fault but either cancel the fight or allow him to properly rehydrate, rumble was gassed after two minutes, hope it won't be the same in this fight
Till could have said no and the fight would be off. He agreed to the new stipulation.

As good as that feels it doesn't really make sense. What round do you take the point? The first? Or the third where the fighter who actually made weight is going to be more drained than the fighter who stopped cutting early?

Identical net effect.. does not matter when you take the point.

He’s clearly oversized for the weightclass, he hasn’t beat anyone special, and he missed by 4 pounds.

“I ain’t no welterweight,” he continued. “I’m a light heavyweight in the welterweight division. It should be illegal, what I’m doing. The UFC should ban it but they can’t because I do it naturally and I do it professionally, and no one can do a fucking thing about it.”

Fans, fighters and trainers just get more and more tired of this every time it happens. Which lately, is a lot.

When you brag about how big you are for the division and then fail to make weight, it makes you look like a punk.
I hope Wonderboy beats him up.

He's allowed to be up to 18lbs heavier than the weight limit. That's pretty generous. Till also stated that he will have trouble staying below 188 because he "has a slow metabolism"....
LOL I forgot about the slow metabolism line.

Nah before we give him shit, lets see wat the family emergency was about . That shit could have been very stressful and fucked up his cut . If till was in Conor divisions y’all wouldn’t be on his head so hard . Khabib literally couldn’t even fucking move

I agree with WB's stipulation, but why now are they're odd deals being able to be put in place? Unless I'm missing something, you either accept the fight or you don't. We all know WB daddy is scared af right now, but do you agree with WB getting special terms?
Till is no different. Negotiations happen. Sometimes there is agreement and other times there is no agreement. Till probably agreed to whatever Wonderboy was asking, so it was a relatively easier negotiation.

Back