Why is this fight night like 100X better than UFC 228?

They are really pushing WMMA hard...
<{cruzshake}>

Check out the undercard of 228 though. Two of those fights should replace two of the WMMA fights on the main card.

Yeah the card is weird, I'd rather watch yahya than most guys on the card and he's on the fightpass prelims.

It sucks because its a week from GGG vs Canelo. Why stack a card that is probably going to do bad numbers for being so close to a mega fight.

Only wmma fight that should even be main card ppv worthy is Ronda Cyborg. And that never happened.

Gaethje/Vick < Woodley/Till
MJ/Fili < Zabit/Rodrigues
Ellenberger/Bambam < Nicco/Valentina

i think you may be wrong on your title Sherbro

lol at a MMA fight being < than a WMMA fight

so you are saying that Ngannou vs Lewis was better than Cyborg vs Holm or Thug vs JJ (either one or two)

Of course it turns into a wmma sucks thread lol.Members cry here about wmma so much that every card with multiple wmma fights is the worst card ever.It's like they get legit butthurt and write everything else off on the card,not that 228 is a great card.228 is a better card than this Fight night but rating 228 as a ppv it would rate lower than this fight night being rated for a fight night event.It's all just a matter of opinion of course,but I think some people don't say their actual opinions just to bash something.

Gaethe/Vick is going to be amazing, MJ/Fili will be fireworks, Ellenburger/Bambam is two dudes fighting for their careers. Meanwhile they think anyone will pay for 3 WMMA fights LOL
Dont forget the return of mickey gall...I dont know why but i really liked him for calling out sage and beating him.

Only wmma fight that should even be main card ppv worthy is Ronda Cyborg. And that never happened.
I understand your point of view. I agree that most WMMA fights should be undercard material or perhaps shown on all WMMA cards on Fightpass. However, I believe that title fights, contender eliminators, and really any top 5ish type of matchups in the Women's divisions ought to be on main cards. SO, I'd like more WMMA than you do, but a lot less than what we are currently getting.

This weekends card is weird, the opening main card fights should be switched with everything on FP. The prelims are good Dober/Tuck, Yahya/Sanders, and Krause/Alves are gonna be good fights. Alcântara back is nice to see and Mickey Gall is on the prelims.

Should be a good night of fights all spread out but the first couple opening bouts for the main card dont interest me much. That Angela Hill fight is way to high up on the card for my liking as well.

Just a weird card the way it’s set up

images

So far this year, the lesser cards often were more entertaining than stacked events. I'm not saying this will be one of those surprises but I stopped judging cards before they actually happen.

The problem is that the WMMA fights are lame and the women don't really hurt each other enough. since they all boop each other so softly, they have quicker recovery to jump on more cards.
Also, because they get paid less, they want more fights to make higher earnings.
Meanwhile, the male fighters batter each other, go too hard in training (needless macho bullshit usually) and get paid more so they don't need to fight as often.
It's really an unfortunate inevitability that the women will become more frequent on all these cards. Dana and Shelby and all them must love how the women are chomping at the bit to fight on these cards. They're just happy to see these cards filled out.
UFC 228 has four bloody womens fights on it. Only one of them is interesting because we know Schevchenko will be one of those women who batters her opponents (as we saw in her last fight) into taking a year off.

So far this year, the lesser cards often were more entertaining than stacked events. I'm not saying this will be one of those surprises but I stopped judging cards before they actually happen.

That's impossible with 3 wmma fights

Back