Why is there talk of Jones coming back THIS YEAR? His manager thinks 95 percent chance he comes back

I only care about what I want and I want to watch Jones fight. This is good news, he’s still my boy.

GOAT gonna GOAT. I just want to see him fight and rustle jimmies more.

Pretty much this, sadly.
Are you guys seriously accusing USADA for taking bribes from the UFC to shorten suspensions?

What does "pretty much" mean?
They are just being bribed a little bit?

They're just trying to sway public opinion. It is interesting though that Jon's manager, Dana, Rogan and that ex-USADA bloke that works for UFC now are all parroting the same lines.
I've just got a feeling it's gonna be 2 years.

3rd overall offense. He tested positive for cocaine in competition the first time which is against the rules. They made him take an 8 hour rehab class for it.

No he tested for cocaine out of competition, which isn't against the rules. That's why he didn't get punished. They just made him pretend to go to rehab because it looked bad.

No, he tested positive for cocaine out of competition in a test that shouldn't have even taken place because it's not against the rules to use coke out of competition.

It wasn't agaunst MLBs rules for McGwire to juice when he shattered Maris's record either...

Malki is like Fast Eddie the used car salesman, but instead of starting high and meeting in the middle, he is staring low for his purpose and hoping to meet in the middle.

Too soon. Jones has to face the commissions and any punishment they give him.

probably talking out of his ass

if jones at least gave up his coke habit i can support him one last time.. cant believe im saying this, but his last one is shrouded in controversy at this moment

It's because he's black isn' it? You racist. Lol.

Then why was it even publicly let out then? I remember Jon was reprimanded for it and did like 1 day of rehab. The water is murky there.
Because it was a test done by the NSAC which is a state government organization and they have to release the data. He wasn't punished for it, he chose to go to rehab and chose to check himself out.

Anybody know when his hearing is due ? I remember he got his hearing delayed until february

Nobody knows anymore who is drinking and who is paying here in UFC

Then why was it even publicly let out then? I remember Jon was reprimanded for it and did like 1 day of rehab. The water is murky there.
The commission is a government body so their tests can be made available upon request. A member of the media requested the results and got them. Not sure if he had inside info on the coke test or if he wanted to see if Jon had dodgy levels again. Either way, the results showed a positive for cocaine even though that test shouldn't have been done since it was out of competition.

Can someone explain how USADA's punishment would supersede CSAC's punishment? While USADA does indeed have a contract with the UFC, that doesn't somehow make the athletic commission's authority irrelevant, and this was an in-competition failure we're talking about. If CSAC considers this a second offense then I foresee the suspension of lasting more than a single year. Of course, we could just ignore the desperate claims of said fighter's manager and hope USADA doesn't kill what little credibility they have left and expect at least a two year or longer suspension.

Yes it was, what you meant is that it wasn't tested for.

Your right, I stand corrected. It was 1991 when they put them on the banned substance list.

For some reason I was thinking it was after the Mitchell Report came out.

Lets be honest.....

WME met with USADA and discussed how their testing procedures need to be altered...for the benefit of the sport. Too many great fighters are "accidentally" ending up suspended because their "supplements" were "tainted" when they came from the "factory."

Its unfair that these innocent fighters have to sit out and cant earn a living due to "tainted supplements" and fighters need their "supplements" to perform at their best.

$$$WME$$$ and U$ADA have come to an agreement, I'm $ure.

Back