Why is there no suspension for getting choked out?

Being choked unconscious has no side effects, what are you crazy.

Plenty of o2 in the brain and body.
It's the blood stopping chokes that stop the blood flow to the brain that messes you up

You lose consciousness as a result of being oxygen deprived, right? S

Yet there's no problem with fighting on another card shortly after getting choked out as there's zero harmful effects?

Just seems odd There's no medical suspension as I'm sure there's something dangerous about getting choked out
Well, getting knocked out involves the brain impacting the skull, resulting in damage.
Simply getting choked out means blood flow stops for a second. Still results in some negligible permanent damage iirc, but as long as it doesn’t happen too often, I don’t think anything serious could happen.
The problem is when a fighter gets rocked first, then choked.
GSP vs Bisking was a prime example. Left hook rocks the guy, gives him a concussion. Then proceeds to get GnP’d and choked out. I’m not sure how the athletic commission looks upon this and if they ignore the possibility of a concussion due to the guy not actually being finished by strikes.
Shouldn’t have let Mike fight... too bad...

You lose consciousness as a result of being oxygen deprived, right? S

Yet there's no problem with fighting on another card shortly after getting choked out as there's zero harmful effects?

Just seems odd There's no medical suspension as I'm sure there's something dangerous about getting choked out
doctors say its ok. buy it aint rocket science to suggest getting choked to unconscioness has effects on the brain. choked out sherdoggers wont get this.
zero harmful effects. yeah right bwahahahaha. agent orange is ok right.

Using a small amount of logic leads me to believe, getting choked out is damaging to the brain. How much? Occasionally, it's probably not enough to cause noticeable problems. But Mike just got hit by a huge punch. It would have KOd just about any MW.

Is this a real question?

Getting choked out causes no damage as far as we know. We do however know that GSP dribbling your head like a basketball with his elbow off the canvas causes a lot of damage.

You’re right though ts. You do lose consciousness with both so I guess dig no fucking further

1 out of 10 posters actually give a fuck about Bisping’s health.

The other 9 are just bitter that Kelvin made Bisping look like a chump and by extension took the wind out of GSP’s sails.

Back