Why is there no suspension for getting choked out?

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You lose consciousness as a result of being oxygen deprived, right? S

Yet there's no problem with fighting on another card shortly after getting choked out as there's zero harmful effects?

Just seems odd There's no medical suspension as I'm sure there's something dangerous about getting choked out

Ive rolled 30 seconds after getting choked out. It does nothing

Bisping had a 30 day medical suspension following 217, but somehow they managed to bypass it.

But the problem isn't that he got choked out, it is that he got rocked, dropped, blasted with elbows, and then choked out.

Get over it. Bisping got KO'd. You watched it. You're just as much to blame as anyone.

Bisping had a 30 day medical suspension following 217, but somehow they managed to bypass it.

But the problem isn't that he got choked out, it is that he got rocked, dropped, blasted with elbows, and then choked out.

Oh I see. Agree d

When choking the effects can be pretry bad depending on how long it was out of oxygen, very far from getting your brains scrambled while KO'd.

Don’t forget he was put on his seat and ate a bunch of elbows. I’m surprised they let him fight so soon after.

Hell I choke myself out with a bungie card every night while I %#*!& myself off

Yet there's no problem with fighting on another card shortly after getting choked out as there's zero harmful effects?

Just seems odd There's no medical suspension as I'm sure there's something dangerous about getting choked out

You lose consciousness when you go to sleep. Should you be suspended for that too? God damn TS, if you were NSAC, nobody would ever be able to brawl.

Exactly. There are no lingering effects other than embarrassment (depending on who put you out).

Exactly why I'd rather tap. People tend to remember you getting revived or drug off more than a simple tap and loss....(in my grappling experience anyway)

Because getting knocked out is the result of your brain hitting your skull. Long term damage.

TS, go studying grappling, in particular, chokes. Brain damage/CTE is caused from the brain hitting the skull, bouncing around, this has lasting affects, being choked out for a very short period doesn't. This is embarrassing...

Exactly. There are no lingering effects other than embarrassment (depending on who put you out).
Is it true you take a dump on yourself? Seems like a lingering effect if it happens.
(My background is tae bo, so lil experience.)

TS, go studying grappling, in particular, chokes. Brain damage/CTE is caused from the brain hitting the skull, bouncing around, this has lasting affects, being choked out for a very short period doesn't. This is embarrassing...

Don't feel embarrassed

That's life.

How are you sure about that? Based on what exactly?

In Bisping's case it's the strikes he ate before the choke. He got dropped and hit a ton on top of that, so he fought Gastelum with a concussion. The choke has nothing to do with that.

Aparently the commission didn't watch the fight to see Bisping get knocked down and almost guaranteed at least a minor concussion

(basically knocked out but instead of finishing with more strikes GSP choked him to sleep)

Loosing bloodflow or air flow to the brain has nothing to do with getting hit so hard in the head that ur brain bumps into ur skull and reboots ur body. Geting choked out cold is not harmfull if its just for a couple of seconds. The problem in Bispings case is that he recived a lot of head trauma before he got choked out vs GSP.

Back