Why is there no love for Faber on this site?

Faber is the man, and a true legend in the sport. I have been a fan since the WEC days. Im from Sacramento and the only time you ever heard about MMA back in the day on our big sports talk radio station was when they would talk about Faber.
Was at his retirement fight against Picket and the crowd was absolutely electric. I have never felt energy at a sports event like that.
I ran into him in sac a few years ago at a gas station near where he lives while visiting my mom. I just walked up to him and said 'what's up Uriah?' He chatted it up with me for a bit and was so cool and chill my wife thought he was one of my old friends she had never heard of.

+ 1

also very delusional about fighters.

Decade of no title shot for bisping, cry about defenses lol

Hendo and sonnen gifted 6 title shots combined. No UFC belts by either. Count 1 shot on short notice.

Reigning MW champ by 1st rd KO

WAR COUNT

I was surfing on Reddit and saw a Gif of Lineker vs Dodson. One of the posters commented on the disparity in size between the fighters and the ref. The conclusion among the posters was that the ref was huge, hence his nickname, "Big" John McCarthy. It was nice to see.

Even in other sports like boxing, Mayweather, De La Hoya, and Pacquiao are probably the most popular fighters of recent times and they are on the smaller end of the weight class spectrum. Plenty of smaller boxers have a ton of respect from the fans.

In the NFL, guys like Darren Sproles and Jacquizz Rodgers run face to face against gigantic offensive linemen and have the respect of their teams, opponents and fans.

I've been here a long time and Sherdog has become a shithole.

Everytime I see Urijah Fabers name mentioned on this site all the replies are something juvenile like butt chin or manlet and nobody respects how tough this guy is or how successful he was. He ruled the lighter weights for a long time and is still up there in BW if he continues to fight. Why do people focus on his chin and height instead of his success and fighting style?
He's in my Signature. That's not for everyone.

I was surfing on Reddit and saw a Gif of Lineker vs Dodson. One of the posters commented on the disparity in size between the fighters and the ref. The conclusion among the posters was that the ref was huge, hence his nickname, "Big" John McCarthy. It was nice to see.

Even in other sports like boxing, Mayweather, De La Hoya, and Pacquiao are probably the most popular fighters of recent times and they are on the smaller end of the weight class spectrum. Plenty of smaller boxers have a ton of respect from the fans.

In the NFL, guys like Darren Sproles and Jacquizz Rodgers run face to face against gigantic offensive linemen and have the respect of their teams, opponents and fans.

I've been here a long time and Sherdog has become a shithole.

+ 1

I was a huge DLH fan until that weird shit and pics came out lol

Also talking Mcg vs Floyd as embarrassing. He should look at his pics lol

I agree. Remember, sherdog is mma/fight fans. Many who tried a jits class and think they are the next P4P champ despite never fighting or competing.

Place is full of delusional children posting from their mothers basement fat as fuck and with really low test.

I get lulz in here all the time from retards

I can't speak for everyone. I was a Faber fan but my admiration for him cooled when he started emulating Jon Jones in his last bouts.

I ran into him in sac a few years ago at a gas station near where he lives while visiting my mom. I just walked up to him and said 'what's up Uriah?' He chatted it up with me for a bit and was so cool and chill my wife thought he was one of my old friends she had never heard of.

Happy to hear this. Faber seems like a nice guy but I tend to think public personae are constructed and that we really have no idea what these figures are like behind the scenes. It's good to know Faber is authentically nice.

He was my favorite male fighter under 170 when he was active, so I like him a lot. He's retired now though.

Always have to love a good wrestler who develops solid BJJ/submission game. Awesome and unused combo.

Average sherdogger reading through UFC roster:

giphy.gif
Average Sherdogger reading through WMMA roster

0081.gif~c200

Sherdog has a superiority complex that I see nowhere else online.

They have to belittle smaller guys like Faber and pretend like 205ers are the normal size for society because they 205 lbs of fat.

Got news for ya.. most normal dudes walking around are NOT 205lbs...180-185 if their lucky...and not built at all...

Because of Conor fanbois.

The funny thing about that is it's obvious Conor and Faber are cool. They seemed like friends just playing it up on camera during TUF.

He's one of the first fighters that I followed. I followed him and Aldo religiously in the WEC days.

I'm neither a hater nor a fan. Faber was a top fighter for a damn long time. His run at FW is even more impressive since he was able to drop pretty easily to BW. But I dunno, I was never a fan.

The funny thing about that is it's obvious Conor and Faber are cool. They seemed like friends just playing it up on camera during TUF.

Yeah, Faber even talked about that in an interview, he did look weirded out there for a second. Like what's up with that chick pushing him back.

Faber seems like a cool dude. Him and Conor's frenemy relationship is comedy.

He was my favorite male fighter under 170 when he was active, so I like him a lot. He's retired now though.

Always have to love a good wrestler who develops solid BJJ/submission game. Awesome and unused combo.

Yeah I've never understood why bjj fighters don't work on their wrestling instead of striking and why wrestlers don't focus on their bjj more than striking. It would make the most sense imo but it seems like people just love the idea of striking.

Demain maia is a great example. He's dropped a weight class but he also seems to have worked more on his wrestling and given up trying to be a striker.

he JUST retired. He lived his last half of his career as the guy just couldn't win the big one, but at the end of it all, he'll be revered as one of the greats. Guy is a top 3 Featherweight and a top 3 Bantamweight all time, nobody has that in their career yet.

Back