Why is the U.S. not involved in stopping Ethnic Cleansing in Myanmar?

Great logic. It is ok to rape my neighbors wife and daughters but not mine. I could go over to his house and stop it, but I might get hurt. So, just let them suffer. I couldn't possibly help solve all the world's problem, so I will not help in any of the problems. I'm sure you sleep well at night.

I am confused as to your point. Nobody is stopping you from helping anyone in any way you want. You are expecting others to join your crusade though. Nobody has any obligation to you, your neighbor, or the Rohingya (whatever the f*ck that is)

Article above. The Burmese (Myanmar) Army. Their President is certainly not doing shit to help the situation. He takes after Obama.
Cool. What could go wrong with invading a sovereign state without the support of the international community, and bombing their army?

Story: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...-one-many-disasters-rohingya-refugees-n830351

Violent rape just one of many disasters for Rohingya refugees. “I have had women come in who were gang-raped or brutally raped and are now recovering from fistulas but I have never heard so many stories of so many women being publicly raped and then killed,” Aerlyn Pfeil

"Groups such as MSF (Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders) say the Burmese military is using systematic rape to help drive away the country’s Muslims, known as Rohingya. About 630,000 Rohingya have fled Buddhist-dominated Myanmar into Bangladesh to escape what the United Nations has called ethnic cleansing. They’re living in squalid refugee camps where groups like MSF are trying to keep them fed and cared for."

Reminds me of the U.S. after Vietnam. Life in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge Regime in 1975, where the Khmer Rouge forced millions of people into the countryside to undertake agricultural work. Two million Cambodians died during the evacuations, nearly a quarter of the country's then population. The U.S. did nothing.

So, let's see, not Cambodia or Myanmar, but for Panama, Haiti, Iraq, Somalia, Kuwait, South Korea, and Yugoslavia it was ok. What is the 'litmus test'? Oil, politics, and strategic location? Men, women and children being tortured and killed were never really part of the reason now were they? Obama made that clear in Syria and Iraq.

How about bombing the shit out of the Burmese Army? Would it really be all that hard? ...and again, the fucking UN can't be counted on for shit. Why don't the British, French or Germans do something? Why isn't ISIS involved? These are Muslims being killed. World reaction is disgusting.

Does it have any oil?

I am confused as to your point. Nobody is stopping you from helping anyone in any way you want. You are expecting others to join your crusade though.

Yeah, me alone helping 600,000 innocent civilians against an Army. Sure, just give me one Special Forces team and one AC-130U Spectre gunship for air support. We'll get the job done. My crusade? Did you read the article? Is there something wrong with the Chicago water? Explain to me how the U.S. picks and chooses military action abroad.

Maybe they should get some oil.

Buddhists exterminating muslims in Burma doesn't have a useful rhetorical hook. It would be a much different situation if there were, for example, communists visibly involved somehow.

Americans saving Muslims, now there is a noble idea. Now the U.S. would never have to worry about terrorists again. Muslims would love Americans.
You guys saved Kuwait from Sadam, but I don't see the muslim love for that.

"USA mind your business you're not the world police" ~~ the world
"USA why aren't you helping this sad situation and bringing force" ~~ the world

Yeah, me alone helping 600,000 innocent civilians against an Army. Sure, just give me one Special Forces team and one AC-130U Spectre gunship for air support. We'll get the job done. My crusade? Did you read the article? Is there something wrong with the Chicago water? Explain to me how the U.S. picks and chooses military action abroad.

Chicago has the best tap water in the country. I would have no idea how the U.S. picks or chooses military actions abroad, but i would assume you are correct that it would probably be for oil, strategic allies or geographic location. What is your argument again as to why you think we should get involved in this? Aside from being the worlds police that is.

I found a 40-page report dating back to 2003 about how the military routinely rapes women from 5 different ethnic minority groups and in general persecute their ethnic minorities: forced labour, killings, stealing their resources, burning villages, etc. So none of this is new. They just seem hate rohingyas enough to push them out instead of garden-variety persecution.

Americans saving Muslims, now there is a noble idea. Now the U.S. would never have to worry about terrorists again. Muslims would love Americans.

Wow, you are being serious? Sounds great but it doesn't work that way. Many of our current refugees are Muslim; they should be loving us more each day already.

Look at the flood western Europe has taken. Are they exempt from terrorism? They spend ton following people around ao they don't get attacked by them.

Conversely how often do we hear about plots in poland and Hungary

Why aren't muslim countries rushing in to help them?

I found a 40-page report dating back to 2003 about how the military routinely rapes women from 5 different ethnic minority groups and in general persecute their ethnic minorities: forced labour, killings, stealing their resources, burning villages, etc. So none of this is new.

Bingo. 800,000 in Palestine, 2 million in Cambodia, 6 million Jews from the holocaust, 78 million in China, just to name a few. Nothing new. Let us not intervene. We are not the world's policemen. No one is attacking the U.S. Why support the Israelis, the Middle East, South Korea, and Europe? Why help and support some but not others?

Can't make a buck on helping people. But we sure as shit can chain them to a sewing machine for 16 hours a day for 3 cents an hour to stitch your motherfucking NFL jerseys and :eek::eek::eek:gy baseball caps concealing your baldness.

Back