Why is the Strikeforce website still active???

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Seems strange to me...it's now been over two years since Strikeforce was bought out and the website is still active. All the fighters that transitioned into the UFC had their profiles removed. Anybody have any insights?

Why are the Pyramids of Giza still there? It's just the ruins of the past...

Pride site still active too

Legal reasons, I suppose.

Don't want anyone to be able to use the name or domain.

Legal reasons, I suppose.

Don't want anyone to be able to use the name or domain.

That's what I was thinking. I would think Zuffa owns the domain outright, but does that mean if it stays dormant for years, no one could buy it?

That's what I was thinking. I would think Zuffa owns the domain outright, but does that mean if it stays dormant for years, no one could buy it?

Domain squatting isn't illegal, especially not when you actually have a product [protip: strikeforce DVDs, merch in the future, like they are now with PRIDE]

Domain squatting isn't illegal, especially not when you actually have a product [protip: strikeforce DVDs, merch in the future, like they are now with PRIDE]

Yep. They are still making money off Strikeforce and Pride. Might as well keep the domain active.

Domains are owned by a private org, partly affiliated with the UN. If its available, someone could snatch it up. I know cuz there's someone other than Ron Paul who owns RonPaul.com, and some of his reps have tried to take legal action by going to the UN affiliated arbitration process.

It's sad that the SF website is still active while Nick Diaz isn't.

Dear god is that what professional looked like back in the day?

ss.gif

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Back