Why is the reason 12-6 elbows are not allowed?

elbows should be banned .
yes and while we are at it lets ban Knee's, kicks and punches to the head aswell!!

fighter safety and all you know.

elbows should be banned .
romero-ko-3.gif

It is crazy amount of damage they can do. In MT its not uncommon for them to break collarbones from chest on chest clinch. saenchai and lerdsila have done ' money box makers' vs farangs with them. ( downward elbows to top of heads, often when 'climbing' up thighs to get height) called as such as creates a 'money box' slot like a pigey bank.

stress = force / area. 12 to 6 elbow utilizes the very point of an elbow with all the force going through the small area of elbow point.
Other elbow types may have the same force but the area of elbow hitting the object is larger so it induces less stress.

Why soccer kicks were allowed and elbows weren't was even weirder

People really need to stop believing what Joe Rogan says.
It's 2018 for fuck's sake.

And by the way, if you can not understand why it is illegal to to violently slam the point of the elbow on somebody's face, eyes, temples, then you are simply not clever.

I don't want to get ostracized by defending his point of view, but that fight could have been finished the same way with punches, couldn't it?

Because non fighters arbitrarily decide what is bad for the sport like the Yamasaki stoppage.

I don't want to get ostracized by defending his point of view, but that fight could have been finished the same way with punches, couldn't it?
Yeah, and Machida would get same CTE from punches. So why ban elbows? Main advantage of MMA over other martial arts is its versatility, and some overly-protective rules take away from it.

Yeah, and Machida would get same CTE from punches. So why ban elbows? Main advantage of MMA over other martial arts is its versatility, and some overly-protective rules take away from it.
Idk, can I stay in between the people who like and people who don't?

I mean, I like the idea of the lesser the rules, the better, but still I agree it's really rare to see a fight ending due to elbows. (And then some random people will just pop from nowhere and talk about one fight that ended by an elbow --> I'm not saying that that never happens, but it's really rare, most of the time they just make the other fighter bleed.)

I guess I'd be halfway okay with either options.

Listen to the JRE......he discusses it every second podcast!!

I get why they’re illegal, for sure.

What I DONT get, is Big Johns explanation that the same movement/strike is allowed the person throwing has their body at an angle that changes it from 12-6 to, say, 3-9. Which is fucking stupid, because it is exactly the same strike regardless of what angle the person throwing is standing at.

That explanation just proves to me that they don’t even know why they’ve banned it.

If you have ever been hit by 12-6 once or repeatedly you understand why. if you haven’t go let someone do it to you, before you post they should allow it.

Elbow is more dangerous than a fist with no gloves on. The force you can create with it and it being one the most boniness protruding part of the human anatomy makes one the most deadliest blows.

If anyone trains or fights knows this. If you are trying kill someone in hand combat. I highly recommend 12-6 elbow blows to that person face and skull until elbow goes through their face or skull.

It is crazy amount of damage they can do. In MT its not uncommon for them to break collarbones from chest on chest clinch. saenchai and lerdsila have done ' money box makers' vs farangs with them. ( downward elbows to top of heads, often when 'climbing' up thighs to get height) called as such as creates a 'money box' slot like a pigey bank.
Did you shift in the middle and start talking about pron?

Back