Why is the general assumption that mma fighter beats boxer in a street fight?

<DontBelieve1>

Toney is one of the best to ever do it. In 1991 and 2003 he was voted fighter of the year. He held titles in 3 different weight divisions and compiled a 77-10-3 record with 47 KO's. Yea I'd call him one of the best to ever do it. He got murked in a fight with a pro MMA fighter. I'm not gonna get into what I've seen at the gym because I completely disagree with your assessment from what I've seen at the gym. Guys with a wrestling Jiu-jitsu background dominate pure strikers for the most part from what I've witnessed with my own eyes. Maybe the fighters where you're from can't really wrestle LOL

<{outtahere}>
Toney fought most of career at the national scale not the world scale. At the world title scale he did poorly and was never good enough to have a dominant title run. The only time he touched a WBC title was when it was vacant. And he immediately lost it.

Lol one of the ones that lost wrestles Div 1 NAIA. He tested it on the feet and lost. He beat him the next time and they're gonna go at it again. Your gym just has shit boxers. From my time around pros and armatures it goes either way.

Toney fought most of career at the national scale not the world scale. At the world title scale he did poorly and was never good enough to have a dominant title run. The only time he touched a WBC title was when it was vacant. And he immediately lost it.

Lol one of the ones that lost wrestles Div 1 NAIA. He tested it on the feet and lost. He beat him the next time and they're gonna go at it again. Your gym just has shit boxers. From my time around pros and armatures it goes either way.

I call bullshit. There's so many ways of beating a boxer and keeping him from even wanting to throw hands its not even funny. Mediocre wrestlers faking kicks and TD's are enough to make boxers think about letting the hands go. Give a shit what you say I've seen it so many times, good strikers getting owned by MMA's. Boxing's great if you don't have to worry about a take down or kicks once you mix those things into it gets a little hard to let your hands go like you would against someone that isn't going to do those things to you. Why do you think so many people list wrestling and jits as the best bases for MMA. Look at what the early years of MMA looked like with guys like Royce Gracie killing all these so called strikers. Made them have to re-evaluate themselves and learn some wrestling and jits to protect themselves.

Shit Floyd said it himself the other day, he wouldn't face Conor in the octagon cuz he would lose. De La Hoya said the same thing. I value those guys opinions way more than a poster on sherdog LMFAO

Don't feed this TROLL...

I call bullshit. There's so many ways of beating a boxer and keeping him from even wanting to throw hands its not even funny. Mediocre wrestlers faking kicks and TD's are enough to make boxers think about letting the hands go. Give a shit what you say I've seen it so many times, good strikers getting owned by MMA's. Boxing's great if you don't have to worry about a take down or kicks once you mix those things into it gets a little hard to let your hands go like you would against someone that isn't going to do those things to you. Why do you think so many people list wrestling and jits as the best bases for MMA. Look at what the early years of MMA looked like with guys like Royce Gracie killing all these so called strikers. Made them have to re-evaluate themselves and learn some wrestling and jits to protect themselves.

Shit Floyd said it himself the other day, he wouldn't face Conor in the octagon cuz he would lose. De La Hoya said the same thing. I value those guys opinions way more than a poster on sherdog LMFAO
Frankly I don't care what you do or do not believe. In practice it goes either way. I have seen it go either way.

Faking kicks and TDs are a great tactic to use. It also works way better if they have no idea what you're doing, which is what this theory predominantly relies on. A boxer never have seeing an MMA fight in his life. Because clearly a boxer cannot know anything about MMA without training it.

Royce killed in the early ears because no one knew what BJJ was. People were coming in expecting kung-fu and got something they were never exposed to. Now, most people know to some degree what it is.

Floyd and Oscar are in their 40s. They have no time to learn and adjust to a new sport. Anthony Joshua was talking about crossing over and fighting in UFC because he's young and has time time learn.

I have been saying that MMA fighters have the advantage but you are so obsessed with being so much better than boxing that you cannot accept that as enough.

Look, believe what you want. I don't care. I cannot believe I'm being sucked into this flme bait thread. It's my fault for posting at all.

Frankly I don't care what you do or do not believe. In practice it goes either way. I have seen it go either way.

Faking kicks and TDs are a great tactic to use. It also works way better if they have no idea what you're doing, which is what this theory predominantly relies on. A boxer never have seeing an MMA fight in his life. Because clearly a boxer cannot know anything about MMA without training it.

Royce killed in the early ears because no one knew what BJJ was. People were coming in expecting kung-fu and got something they were never exposed to. Now, most people know to some degree what it is.

Floyd and Oscar are in their 40s. They have no time to learn and adjust to a new sport. Anthony Joshua was talking about crossing over and fighting in UFC because he's young and has time time learn.

I have been saying that MMA fighters have the advantage but you are so obsessed with being so much better than boxing that you cannot accept that as enough.

Look, believe what you want. I don't care. I cannot believe I'm being sucked into this flme bait thread. It's my fault for posting at all.

Didn't read LOL

I'm not a troll you idiot. This is a legit thread
I'm not an idiot you troll.
Assuming you are not a troll but just a dummy, if an MMA guy gets into a street fight with a superior boxer, he will ground and pound him or use one of his other skill sets that aren't possessed by the boxer.

It's the individual that will win, not the style.

Ha. I just noticed the date on this. Why the hell did this page pop up?

I'm not an idiot you troll.
Assuming you are not a troll but just a dummy, if an MMA guy gets into a street fight with a superior boxer, he will ground and pound him or use one of his other skill sets that aren't possessed by the boxer.

One would think, but it doesn't even go like that in planned pro fights half the time.

TBF TS did you even think this shit thread through? Where do most "street fights" end up? On the ground. Werdum by whatever he wants..

That’s a complete myth.

Back