Why is tapping to strikes considered a flaw?

Being hit in the head in the head generally doesn't hurt that much, no. I have plenty of competition experience in striking so I've been hit more than enough to know that. The adrenaline with the concussive effect dampens it, and you'll feel most of it after the fight. It's nowhere near as bad as it hurts to get hit bad to the body. Of course you don't need to take my word for it, plenty of professional fighters have stated the same.

Of course actually breaking something is a different matter but that's not what you tend to talk about when you talk about being hit in the head, that's an outlier and that should be obvious. It can't be that hard to follow the intent of such a simple conversation.

Wtf?

Hey genius you quoted me, not other way around.

I made a point about Rory dropping on the floor after getting repeatedly hit on the same spot n still not tapping, but letting the ref step in n stop it.

You disagreed with that.

Stop having an argument with yourself

Same is true for tapping to strikes. If you know you're going out anyway then there's no shame in tapping, and saving yourself extensive neurological damage that will have you spending the rest of your life like Muhammad Ali.
Well that's what the ref and your corner is there for. Most top fighters wouldn't dream of tapping to strikes and that's the mentality that gets them to the top.

Lesnar deserves more credit for taking bombs from Carwin, Overeem & Cain despite turtling up he never tapped.

if you get knocked out you wil be fine. Get your knee destroyed and you will NEVER fight at the same level again.
This isn't remotely true. Every time you get KO'd you suffer a bit of brain trauma. Literally the reason your lights go out is because you aren't fine anymore.

That's why both nick and nate don't accept any fights now......real warriors huh?
What's pathetic is people like you calling fighters who get in a cage with other pro fighters and calling them pussies. What does that sat about you, you must be the biggest puss in the eorld
Nah, I didn't call anyone a pussy. I said tapping to strikes is a Bitch move. Don't misquote me or put words in my mouth. What does it say about you that you think any and all cage fighters are above reproach? It says you have no combat sports experience. You're the pussy, not the fighters.

Yes it is, it's old martial arts code. And if someone is nowhere near the position needed to properly finish the submission then you of course don't recognize that you've lost and that has no bearing on what I said. Someone in training requiring me to actually choke him out every time is nothing but a nuisance as that just creates unnecessary delay in the training. Especially on your first day you won't do any exercise that's about anything but learning to get the most basic technique down.

I'm not sure why you're bringing in criticizing early tapping as that was not what was discussed. You were fine with all tapping except to strikes, and you brought reasons that I explained weren't correct or didn't provide accurate description of the situations.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/...a-compliment-to-your-opponent-if-you-dont-tap
I guess you know more than Renzo about martial arts code.

It's interesting how armchair heroes are quick to bash over tapping to strikes, but rarely say anything about fighters exiting a fight by letting their opponent take an easy rear naked choke.

There are a lot of ways to "quit" in a fight without tapping.

Nah, I didn't call anyone a pussy. I said tapping to strikes is a Bitch move. Don't misquote me or put words in my mouth. What does it say about you that you think any and all cage fighters are above reproach? It says you have no combat sports experience. You're the pussy, not the fighters.
Yea, like you put the Diaz brothers above reproach? I guess you just called yourself a pussy with no combat experience. There's not much difference in calling a fighter a pussy or a bitch for tapping to strikes, so i'll stand by my comment

Yea, like you put the Diaz brothers above reproach? I guess you just called yourself a pussy with no combat experience. There's not much difference in calling a fighter a pussy or a bitch for tapping to strikes, so i'll stand by my comment
Once again stop misquoting me. I never called anyone a bitch and the only pussy is you. I said tapping to strikes is a "Bitch move." Learn to read.

Once again stop misquoting me. I never called anyone a bitch and the only pussy is you. I said tapping to strikes is a "Bitch move." Learn to read.
Yea, cause "bitch move" means what exactly? Your just a pussy for not having the balls to say what you want to say and instead try to play with the words

This isn't remotely true. Every time you get KO'd you suffer a bit of brain trauma. Literally the reason your lights go out is because you aren't fine anymore.

Yeah. But its pretty minor as long as you arent doing ot all the time.

It's comedy gold, especially when it happens to a fighter you hate.

I hope Mighty Mouse taps out to strikes someday.

Not everyone likes playing dead quite like Machida. He doesn't tap to a strike, strikes or the tightest of submissions.

shogun-cross-counter-machida.gif

3008731.jpg

romero-ko-3.gif

hqdefault.jpg

jonchokemac_medium_medium_medium.gif

12_Jones_Machida_15.jpg

Or what about a fighter that feels like he can recover and turn the tides? We do see that happen a lot. It's not a just bleed attitude ...I'm not talking about Cabbage or Tank. I'm talking Lesnar not giving in to Carwin. Or Mir not tapping when Lesnar aped him. Or Edgar Maynard, Silvia, Condition etc etc these aren't stupid fighters. They Chose to be fighters, and warriors.
And what about Nog not tapping and getting his arm broke? Miesha doing the same with Rousey. Weidman taking that hellacious GnP from Rockhold. Where is Maynard's career now? Taking unnecessary damage IS stupid. Period.
You named the times when taking a beating paid off, how about all of the times it doesn't?
Shit might look cool when a guy goes into warrior mode, but it is absolutely retarded.

And they are PRIZE fighters. They are not warriors. They are not gladiators. They fight for a prize. You can't fight with a broken body. Winning a damn match is not worth your long term health. Fans and fighters need to stop with this fantasy thinking. When you're retired, you're going to regret all those times you were too dumb and too tough to know when you were beat.

Why is this a discussion? If you don't want to get punched in the face, then you don't belong in this sport, period.

And what about Nog not tapping and getting his arm broke? Miesha doing the same with Rousey. Weidman taking that hellacious GnP from Rockhold. Where is Maynard's career now? Taking unnecessary damage IS stupid. Period.
You named the times when taking a beating paid off, how about all of the times it doesn't?
Shit might look cool when a guy goes into warrior mode, but it is absolutely retarded.

And they are PRIZE fighters. They are not warriors. They are not gladiators. They fight for a prize. You can't fight with a broken body. Winning a damn match is not worth your long term health. Fans and fighters need to stop with this fantasy thinking. When you're retired, you're going to regret all those times you were too dumb and too tough to know when you were beat.
First of all I don't disagree. My point was that fighters don't often tap from Strikes and it isn't just bravado. My point was that their job is to win. When a choke or armbar is in deep, the fighter knows it's over. But forget just 3 I listed, TONS of fighters have weathered the storm from Strikes and gone on. That's the game.They chose this sport. It has never and never will be a safe choice. Do I think At various points Hendo or Shogun should have tapped? Ask them

First of all I don't disagree. My point was that fighters don't often tap from Strikes and it isn't just bravado. My point was that their job is to win. When a choke or armbar is in deep, the fighter knows it's over. But forget just 3 I listed, TONS of fighters have weathered the storm from Strikes and gone on. That's the game.They chose this sport. It has never and never will be a safe choice. Do I think At various points Hendo or Shogun should have tapped? Ask them
Their job is not to win, it is to fight. It's a sport.
With submissions, you pretty much know when you're done, but it's harder to tell with strikes. That is why guys hold on longer than they should. It only takes one well placed strike to clean your clock.
It's not about whether or not a fighter CAN take it--it's if they should.
When you're getting GnP in full mount, you still got 3 minutes on the clock, bloodied the fuck up like Weidman was, I don't see any shame in tapping to that.

At the very least, I'd like for the corner to have the ability to throw in the towel when necessary. Most guys are not going to give up when they should. JDS got himself beaten in to retardation.

Wow, reading some posts of you guys trying to preach about what a proffesional MMA fighter should or should not do, while getting beat up by another absolutely TOP level MMA fighter, is beyond ridiculous.

Well that's what the ref and your corner is there for. Most top fighters wouldn't dream of tapping to strikes and that's the mentality that gets them to the top.

And yet they tap to chokes and locks, which have far fewer long term consequences than strikes, so I don't think its the "no tap" mentality that gets them to the top, but the "keep coming back after setbacks" mentality.

Back