Why is PC gaming the "master race" when their best games are console ports?

Let's face it, the golden age of PC gaming is dead. Now everything is a port.

In 2009'sh this looked like it would be true. For consoles finally bridged to the main stream. Sadly consoles were still behind on backend infrastructure. So while they were gaining momentum the Pc game library was becoming a behemoth through Steam. Consoles were further compounded by how quickly Pc hardware was advancing during this time. When the PS4/XBox One were released they were looking to stabilize. Then Nvidia made their new units ancient a year after release.

Major selling point of consoles were their ease of setup and playing. Theyve lost this selling point to mobile. Then it became their Triple A game title exclusives. Games bridge all platforms today.

Its consoles that are losing their identity.

Who is that

tenor.gif

In 2009'sh this looked like it would be true. For consoles finally bridged to the main stream. Sadly consoles were still behind on backend infrastructure. So while they were gaining momentum the Pc game library was becoming a behemoth through Steam. Consoles were further compounded by how quickly Pc hardware was advancing during this time. When the PS4/XBox One were released they were looking to stabilize. Then Nvidia made their new units ancient a year after release.

Major selling point of consoles were their ease of setup and playing. Theyve lost this selling point to mobile. Then it became their Triple A game title exclusives. Games bridge all platforms today.

Its consoles that are losing their identity.

With Microsoft offering more and more games that support cross platform sharing between the XBONE and PC, I think you'll start seeing less and less exclusives on the XBONE.

With Microsoft offering more and more games that support cross platform sharing between the XBONE and PC, I think you'll start seeing less and less exclusives on the XBONE.

If consoles were flourishing like Zazen is suggesting Microsoft wouldnt be doing that.

I watched the PC game show and my god it was absolutely awful. Their only good games are games from Xbox or PS4. Can someone explain where this "master race" thing came from?

Thinks the best games on PC are console ports...

choofed.gif

Because I play them in 4k at 60fps.

You are absolutely correct, PC exclusives are trash aside from the RTS genre.

Any MOBA

Divinity Series.

Total War Series

Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2

Civilization series.

ARPGs (Diablo series, Path of Exile, etc)

This doesnt even count the indie scene.

Honestly, what?

I still dont understand why people claim that it costs thousands of dollars to build a good pc. You can build a top tier system that will max everything for a good while for about 1500... and thats with unnecessary but nice things like an M.2 ssd, noctua case fans, upgraded cpu cooling, and premium ram with heat shields.

My last PC had a Radeon 9700 Pro in it, then I become lazy, sold everything and bought a X360 in 2005. I never had a desktop since. I still have a notebook I bought in 2010 that I barely use nowadays but that's it.

I sit in front a PC almost 10h a day at work, I can't stand to sit in front of another for entertainment.

Cities: Skylines
Civilization series
Any game by Paradox Development Studios
Arma
Divinity series
Countless indies that start of PC
Just about any FPS is better and more challenging with a keyboard and mouse (playing against opponents with a keyboard and mouse)

You can shit on PUBG and Fortnite all you want. Maybe you don't like them, whatever. But you're trying to convince other people that PC gaming is dead. Maybe it is for you, but those games are popular with millions of people. Good luck convincing them they're "wrong" for liking something just because it ain't your cup of tea.

I still dont understand why people claim that it costs thousands of dollars to build a good pc. You can build a top tier system that will max everything for a good while for about 1500... and thats with unnecessary but nice things like an M.2 ssd, noctua case fans, upgraded cpu cooling, and premium ram with heat shields.
This is the first generation in which the consoles used low end hardware and as a result destroying them performance wise is easy (hell you can take a budget office computer, slap a powersupply/gtx1060 and destroy it performance wise for like $600-700 total).

When the xbox360 came out it was using the equivalent of a $500 graphics card and had unified shaders which PC's didn't see till the Geforce 8 series the following year.

When the xboxone came out it was using a GPU that was literally half as fast as a $130 graphics card at the time (7870XT Tahiti was selling for $130 for the entire fall/winter of 2013 and was twice as fast).

I watched the PC game show and my god it was absolutely awful. Their only good games are games from Xbox or PS4. Can someone explain where this "master race" thing came from?

Another thing that sucks about the PC is the lack of sports games. There is currently no Madden, NHL, UFC, Fight Night, MLB, or PGA games. I like to use my laptop for emulators, but that's about it.

To each their own but you can pick up an Xbox one for a couple hundred dollars pay $30 a year for EA Access, $60 a year for Xbox live Gold, and $10 a month for game pass and have hundreds of games to choose from.

And if you want to get fancy you could get a PS4 plus or an XB1 X and have a 4K PC quality graphics for a fraction of the price. I can see how building a PC could be fun, but it just seems like something I would always be fucking with.

I sit in front a PC almost 10h a day at work, I can't stand to sit in front of another for entertainment.
You don't have to, my PC is hooked up to my entertainment system in my living room just like any console.

You just have to be a PC person. People that complain about lack of sports games, exclusives or sitting in front of a computer, PCs aren't for you. Yeah, we don't get a ton of exclusives but when we do, they are usually game changers.

I sit infront of a PC all day at work and I come home and sit infront of one again. It's comforting to me. Get a good chair and it's no different than sitting on a couch and playing a console on a TV.

PCs are more than games for me. There's chat, browsing the web, my entire music collection, movies, games, etc. It's my one stop shop for all things entertainment.

I know a lot of people use their phones for everything but it feels like such a gimped experience to me. My phone doesn't replace my PC. It's an extension.

Back to games, here's my flowchart for how I get games:

PC: Exclusives and multi-platform games
PS4 Pro: Exclusives
Xbox One X: Exclusives (LOL) and multi-platform games not on PC
Nintendo Switch: Multi-plat games that don't require much horsepower and would be fun to play portably. Example - Street Fighter Collection

1. Another thing that sucks about the PC is the lack of sports games. There is currently no Madden, NHL, UFC, Fight Night, MLB, or PGA games. I like to use my laptop for emulators, but that's about it.

2. To each their own but you can pick up an Xbox one for a couple hundred dollars pay $30 a year for EA Access, $60 a year for Xbox live Gold, and $10 a month for game pass and have hundreds of games to choose from.

3. And if you want to get fancy you could get a PS4 plus or an XB1 X and have a 4K PC quality graphics for a fraction of the price. I can see how building a PC could be fun, but it just seems like something I would always be fucking with.

1. There are a few alternatives but yes sports games are mostly on console and mostly made by EA. Don't support their monopoly :D.

2. Years after release, yes. When the PS4 and XB1 debuted they were $400 and $500 respectively and didn't have nearly the quantity of games they do now. If you were to have built a PC in 2013 you'd have access to every game ever made up to that point. The same can't be said about consoles. You're buying on faith that there will be a fleshed out library in the future and hope that your old games will be backwards compatible or at best re-released so you can buy them again :confused:.

3. AFAIK the PS4 Pro and XB1X play few if any games at a native 4K resolution and use upscaling, checkerboarding, or dynamic resolution and pass it off as 4K. There's no way a $400 console is doing what a $600 GTX 1080 can barely do.

Any MOBA

Divinity Series.

Total War Series

Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2

Civilization series.

ARPGs (Diablo series, Path of Exile, etc)

This doesnt even count the indie scene.

Honestly, what?

Lol, no. And half of those are RTS. I get it, you like niche PC games.

Back