Why is PC gaming the "master race" when their best games are console ports?

I agree with most of that, the original gta on PC was nothing like the first console version to come out, the console version ripped it to threads but alas was a copy if you will of the console first Driver, which oddly enough never gets any mention anymore after gta basically copied it and increased the M level of it if you will.

If microsoft bought the rights to Halo before it was completed and sold for PC then Instill think it stands as a console first.

Many games have gone the opposite route, being aimed at a console release and having issues with funding and going pc release instead.
GTA didn't copy anything off of Driver, GTA was released first and it's pretty obvious the progression of gameplay and graphics was pretty parallel with the original game.

Why PC > Consoles:
144hz
1440p, 4K
GSYNC/Freesync
Solid State Drives
Steam
Mods
Backwards compatibility
Custom rigs/controllers
Emulators
TPB
RGB

Why Consoles > PC:
Couch play
Sports games
Exclusives

Welcome to 2018 my friend... PC has all this and more.

No, it doesn't.
I own a gaming desktop, a gaming laptop, and PS4 Pro. I'm an avid PC gamer, so you're condescending the wrong person.
Plugging either into my TV is a pain in the ass.
Does PC have UFC? God of War? Red Dead?
Try and play a game like Starcraft/MMOs/FPS on the couch...

GTA didn't copy anything off of Driver, GTA was released first and it's pretty obvious the progression of gameplay and graphics was pretty parallel with the original game.
The original GTA was nothing like the ones out now, Driver was the first major hit in that style, and at the time was commended for the tech breakthroughs to play like it did.

They saw how well it did and bought the rights to GTA and made it play more like the driver style.

If you had played these games instead of just looked up release dates online it would be obvious to you.

No, it doesn't.
I own a gaming desktop, a gaming laptop, and PS4 Pro. I'm an avid PC gamer, so you're condescending the wrong person.

I play PC games on a couch with wireless controller/KB&M

No, it doesn't.

1. How is plugging your gaming desktop into your TV a pain in the ass. It's no different than plugging your PS4 into your TV. You take the HDMI cable and push it in the back, done. Now unless you just don't want to move your gaming desktop that's fine but that's a personal issue you have not one that is common with PC gaming.

2. How can plugging in your laptop into a TV possibly be hard? I have fucking retard lawyers who plug in their work laptops in the conference rooms using HDMI every day yet you can't figure it out? I'm taking lawyers who don't understand the concept of dropbox and personal PC files and moving between the two.

3. You do realize PC has exclusives as well? Since you only have PS4 you don't have any of the Xbox exclusives which PC does have. So really we can go back and forth on that all day. If it doesn't have games you want fine but again this is personal preference similar to you not being able to figure out how to connect your TV to your PC without going through some grand struggle.

4. This would have been a good point not long ago but that issue has long since been solved and was the one issue I had with PC gaming.Corsair lapboard.Couch gaming is made easy with that thing.

This changed when GPU's began placing mini-HDMI ports onto their cards by default. Steam Link also lets you do this over ones wifi network.

This changed when GPU's began placing mini-HDMI ports onto their cards by default. Steam Link also lets you do this over ones wifi network.

Yea I have limited SSS space on my HTPC so I just stream the other games from my gaming PC.

No, it doesn't.

I'm just in shock you actually thought what you wrote was a good response.

You're either a liar or have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Firstly: I have a gaming PC hooked up to my TV at all times so take your "pain in the ass" bullshit somewhere else ya' daft moron. Wireless controllers via; bluetooth, wireless keyboard and mouse, can sit back and enjoy my living room even moreso on this PC than a gaming console as it does everything.

Secondly: No Sherlock, the PC doesn't have the UFC games. So is this where I sit and spam all the PC exclusives the consoles don't have? It's a non argument, and completely fucking ignorant. But that said? You can emulate on the PC, not the consoles. So you can get now, or eventually all those games anyways.

I play MMORPG's, MOBA's, FPS and even RTS games on the couch all the time. You are just delusional man, I'd love to see your piss poor setup.

End of the day you're just a kid who wants things to be black and white. Sorry. Doesn't work that way.

Gaming on my TV in the living room with my PC is infinitely more enjoyable than on my consoles.

Honestly? It changed long, long before that. These console vs PC arguments are such a big waste of time. You can do anything on your PC you can do on a console (que dipshit saying BUT CAN YOU PLAY RED DEAD REDEMPTION? as if a single fucking intellectual property voids the points being made).

This episode came out when I was balls deep into Warcraft and it's still my favorite episode.

It was a surprisingly accurate episode too. I thought they would get it all wrong but they didn't.

You guys don't get it.
I'm on my PC 99% of the time. The argument I'm presenting is that couch gaming is much easier and idiot proof with a console. Did you guys even see the list of things I said PC does better? Don't be such elite douchebags and realize that consoles DO have some benefit. I can't even believe I'm arguing this side, I'm usually slamming the console nubs.

If I plug my laptop into my TV, I will have to disconnect either my PS4 Pro, Roku 4K, or Apple TV. Change the video settings to be optimal for gaming and then adjust the scaling for 4K. I take my laptop around because its a laptop, so it's not going to sit by the TV as a dedicated PC console. Annndd I really don't even see the reason to couch game when I have a 144hz 1440p Gsync monitor and a mechanical keyboard. Wireless latency + 4K msrt, no thank you.

Original Post:
Why PC > Consoles:
144hz
1440p, 4K
GSYNC/Freesync
Solid State Drives
Steam
Mods
Backwards compatibility
Custom rigs/controllers
Emulators
TPB
RGB

Why Consoles > PC:
Couch play
Sports games
Exclusives

You guys don't get it.
I'm on my PC 99% of the time. The argument I'm presenting is that couch gaming is much easier and idiot proof with a console. Did you guys even see the list of things I said PC does better? Don't be such elite douchebags and realize that consoles DO have some benefit. I can't even believe I'm arguing this side, I'm usually slamming the console nubs.

If I plug my laptop into my TV, I will have to disconnect either my PS4 Pro, Roku 4K, or Apple TV. Change the video settings to be optimal for gaming and then adjust the scaling for 4K. I take my laptop around because its a laptop, so it's not going to sit by the TV as a dedicated PC console. Annndd I really don't even see the reason to couch game when I have a 144hz 1440p Gsync monitor and a mechanical keyboard. Wireless latency + 4K msrt, no thank you.

Original Post:

Dude I just got a new TV and all I did was plug the HDMI in from the HTPC and change the aspect ratio to fit screen or whatever it took 5 seconds. I didnt even have to do anything for the sound system, and my ps4 is plugged in as well most TVs have at least two HDMI ins.

Dude I just got a new TV and all I did was plug the HDMI in from the HTPC and change the aspect ratio to fit screen or whatever it took 5 seconds. I didnt even have to do anything for the sound system, and my ps4 is plugged in as well most TVs have at least two HDMI ins.

Yeah, because that device is static. It won't go anywhere else. My laptop goes to me with work and where ever. My desktop is plugged into my Gsync 144hz 1440p monitor.

I'm just in shock you actually thought what you wrote was a good response.

You're either a liar or have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Firstly: I have a gaming PC hooked up to my TV at all times so take your "pain in the ass" bullshit somewhere else ya' daft moron. Wireless controllers via; bluetooth, wireless keyboard and mouse, can sit back and enjoy my living room even moreso on this PC than a gaming console as it does everything.

Secondly: No Sherlock, the PC doesn't have the UFC games. So is this where I sit and spam all the PC exclusives the consoles don't have? It's a non argument, and completely fucking ignorant. But that said? You can emulate on the PC, not the consoles. So you can get now, or eventually all those games anyways.

I play MMORPG's, MOBA's, FPS and even RTS games on the couch all the time. You are just delusional man, I'd love to see your piss poor setup.

End of the day you're just a kid who wants things to be black and white. Sorry. Doesn't work that way.

Gaming on my TV in the living room with my PC is infinitely more enjoyable than on my consoles.

Uh, you honestly have no clue who you're talking to.
Wireless mouse and keyboard? Gaming on a fucking TV? You've got to be fucking shitting me.
Have you played on a 27 inch monitor with 144hz and GSYNC? What MSRT do you get on your wireless controllers with your 4K TV? LOL

Yeah, because that device is static. It won't go anywhere else. My laptop goes to me with work and where ever. My desktop is plugged into my Gsync 144hz 1440p monitor.

So is a console and its not any harder to set up a PC for couch and wireless controller gaming then a ps4. Hooking up a Duel shock 4 wireless to a PC is literally the same as a PS4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back