Why is parking so hard (parking brahs gtfih)

P

Pugilistic

Perhaps the obvious answer is that there are a lot of stupid/inconsiderate people out there but it boggles my mind how people cannot seem to put their cars straight in a parking spot. It's not that hard. Yet I see all the time people parking their cars in the middle of two parking spots or parking their car so close to one side that you can't get in the car next to it.

This kind of stuff happens routinely in the parking lot at my apartment where spots are limited. The people here have no consideration for the other tenants and park like this (this is a pic off google though). Once a guy parked his car right in front of my car and blocked me off when I had to go, but left no phone number and didn't leave his car in neutral either. I had to find the security guard so he can call the owner to move his car.
IMG_2207.jpg

Look at this asshole. Sadly this is fairly common sight.
buzz_1427388394_20150326_badparking_4.jpg

People will often park their cars next to the curb like this as well. Sometimes they do it at the corner of intersections making turns more difficult and dangerous and bogs down traffic.
buzz_1427388393_20150326_badparking_2.jpg

Today on my way to my car, I saw a guy trying to park his car and it took him like three tries to get his car within the lines. Good for him trying to park his car like a decent person but I can't believe it's that hard. I'm not that experienced at driving and I figured out parking after a couple days of practice. Even my dad who has decades of driving experience along with years of flying planes seems to lack the spatial awareness to park straight. He just seems to have a really hard time with it and I watched him try. I seen him just give up and leave his car parked diagonally sometimes.

Why do people park like dicks? Why? Help me understand. Are some people just incapable of grasping it?

Cliffs:
Help me understand. Why do people park like dicks? Why?

Because you're a retard

Disclaimer: Did not read OP

Look at pop culture. The idols people worship are inconsiderate pieces of shit - Trump, Kardashians, people on Survivor, reality TV stars in general, etc.

Being inconsiderate to other people is not only condoned now, but people see it as something done by "strong" people. "I don't have to put on my indicator before changing lanes. I'm the star of my own reality and as such am the only person who matters here." Or "why are all these cars in my way on the freeway? I have something important to do. Nobody could possibly be doing something as important as I am right now."

That's the subconscious thought process that runs through these people's minds.

When I was in high school I was voted most-likely to become a parking brah

At least you guys can find parking spots. Come to NYC. I wonder what those people will do when they cannot find a spot.

It certainly is a problem for many people. I enjoyed watching Parking Wars when the idiots get ticketed or towed.

What gets me is the retards, and let's not beat around the bush, we're talking 90% of the population, that drive straight into a parking space, be it in a lot or their house and then reverse out to leave.

You should hold up traffic to reverse into your drive because traffic is aware of your presence when you arrive to your destination.

Reversing into traffic off ones drive is fucking retarded.

Pretty much why I try and park as far away from the store, that's in the same lot, as possible. Some people just can't drive, let alone park (women)

What gets me is the retards, and let's not beat around the bush, we're talking 90% of the population, that drive straight into a parking space, be it in a lot or their house and then reverse out to leave.

You should hold up traffic to reverse into your drive because traffic is aware of your presence when you arrive to your destination.

Or you could, you know, be in control of your vehicle. And look where you're going. Those 2 things mean you don't reverse into the path of moving traffic.

Reverse-into-the-spot master race checking in

It's better to hold up traffic to reverse in because you can see what cars are coming, they see you and can see what you're doing

If you reverse out, if the cars next to you are blocking your view, you can't see cross traffic and they can't expect you to randomly move out. Plus you reverse more slowly because you have to look around as your reversing to try to see cross traffic coming

It also isn't that had to park between the lines, if I know the spot is empty and big enough for my car, I just line up my side and assume the other side will be fine. I never have to repark...

Or you could, you know, be in control of your vehicle. And look where you're going. Those 2 things mean you don't reverse into the path of moving traffic.

It's safer to reverse into the parking spot where you can be certain there is no cross traffic, and drive forward into traffic than the opposite

If you're parked head in between two vans you are reversing into traffic blind

<PlusJuan>

You are just a failure in life, aren't you?

If you can't see the disadvantages I'm not sure you can be helped!

It's safer to reverse into the parking spot where you can be certain there is no cross traffic, and drive forward into traffic than the opposite

If you're parked head in between two vans you are reversing into traffic blind

Be honest, have you ever come across that situation. If I'm parked forward between 2 vans I'm pulling out into traffic blind. You're supposed to look when you're reversing as well, not just when you're going forward. If you live on a very busy road and you have a small amount of room to manoeuvre then reversing on your drive makes things a little easier. Otherwise it doesn't really matter.

If you can't see the disadvantages I'm not sure you can be helped!

I know what the disadvantages are. If you're a hazard reversing then you're likely a hazard going forward.

I know what the disadvantages are. If you're a hazard reversing then you're likely a hazard going forward.

Everyone has lapses in concentration, even if you're top of the heap, you'll get old and loose focus at times. Installing driving behaviour that minimises the risks is just good sense.

But yeah, some people shouldn't drive.

Back