Why is no one talking about this guy? -Sean O’Malley

Good prospect and I was impressed to see him have to dig deep in his last fight and show some heart.

Because he's had 1 fight in the UFC, maybe, against a guy who was 0 - 1 in the UFC? He looked pretty impressive, definitely a fun fighter to watch, but dude, he has 1 win against the guy no one knows. that's why.

Because UFC/WME does a sh:t job of actually promoting fighters. They want “get rich quick” schemes with champ-vs-champ or established pro wrestlers like Lesnar / Brooks, but are not willing to put in the effort to make fans learn / care about any of the other 500 athletes.

Even when they do have someone with an interesting / unique story, they take the lazy route and throw together a generic by-the-numbers promo package, replete with commentators screaming, slo-mo tires flipping, and Rogan telling is about how this fighter is a world-class monster.

Dana mentions his name a lot idk what you are talking abt

the fact the ufc is hyping him gives me little hope he will be anything special

Fun to watch but he faded hard in his first UFC fight

Yes, his first UFC fight. Give him time. He's very young, just 23 years old and he's showing a lot of potential. He's already this good at such a young age, who knows what he'll be like within the next 3 years or so. He's one of those guys that's showing tons of promise at a very young age that'll either crash hard like we've seen many times before, or he'll have a very entertaining rise to the elite of the division.

As of right now I feel it's too soon to really even say what's going to happen with him since he's had just one UFC fight, but I'm definitely going to continue watching him since he has a pretty entertaining style and for me, that's all that matters. Whether he makes it to the top or not doesn't mean shit to me. All I care about is if they're fun to watch and so far he's been fun to watch. Don't take his first fight that seriously - especially because he's so young and has so much time to improve.

I like this kid

Fun style, charisma, I think he does have that "it" factor

Would like to see the UFC build him up slowly like Bellator does for AJ McKee

He showed toughness in his last fight and I look forward to his future fights.. We'll see how far he can go

I think he could end up being a star. He’s got the tools. Decent looking kid, tats, speaks English. Got a good fighting style, exciting, flashy and stand up based.

But we’re gonna find out quickly if he’s for real. Soukhamthath is a stud. Gonna be a tough ass fight for him. UFC definitely not giving him cans. I like this strategy though. Invest in a kid and let him beat the tough tests. If they win, you might catch fire like Conor did. But that’s the bottom line, he’s gotta win. Gonna be a good one.

I like this kid

Fun style, charisma, I think he does have that "it" factor

Would like to see the UFC build him up slowly like Bellator does for AJ McKee

He showed toughness in his last fight and I look forward to his future fights.. We'll see how far he can go

You're right, but the UFC won't. They'll try and push him into title contention in 3 or 4 fights and throw him away if he stumbles en route.

Look what they did to Yair, man. Flashy, exciting guys like this should be nurtered while they close the holes in their games, not thrown to the wolves.

He is very exciting and there is no doubt he is fun to watch but the truth is that he is a drug addict and will get mopped by the first buff wrestler he comes across.

The problem for O'Malley is 135 lbs is so deep now that even the bottom of the barrel guys can give him static. This isn't 170 lbs or 185 lbs where they could match him up with slow unathletic dudes he can style on offensively----it's a different world the lower the weight is.

I have a feeling his wrestling will be his down fall.

I don’t recall seeing him use it but once we get a clear idea about his wrestling, it will be easier to tell how far he will go.

I really don't care much about the 135 lbs division, to be honest.

There can be great fights at that weight class, I just don't tend to follow closely.

Basically a bunch of ppl were hating on him coz he likes rap and smokes weed or whatever, and then there were ppl like me who said a good wrestler would test him.

A good wrestler who dislikes rap and weed is his biggest challenge for sure.

He just failed a drug test.... again, thats for starters. He's been hurt and/or suspended for a long time and he's not that good.

Basically a bunch of ppl were hating on him coz he likes rap and smokes weed or whatever, and then there were ppl like me who said a good wrestler would test him.

I think they don't like that he's failed a couple drug tests in a row when he had fights scheduled. Was it 1 or 2? Can't remember.

He's exciting as hell though, wish he would fight again.

Because he is a drug cheat and we got too many as it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back