Why is Lyoto not fighting at LHW ?!

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lyoto was 20-3 or 21-3 at LHW depending on what decision you give him or don't. Plus, his only KO loss was against Rua.

While at MW he is 3-3 and those losses have been violent ones. His speed advantage is gone at MW. I think when you look at LHW, besides Jones, I think Lyoto could beat the other guys.

if you cant dominate a division why stay in it and be a partial punching bag with guys who hit 2x as hard lyoto isnt young and he doesnt look like he works out enough .. 185 is good , fat enough for him dont encourage one of my favorite fighters to eat cheese burgers

getting hit by shogun that night will forever be in his mind but i agree he can do more at 205 then 185 not much more but alittle bit more . same thing with baroni who was unstopable at one time .. fighters are adapting .. point-fighting may have confused the fighters of the past but of the future a 15 day training for that would that

Do you know who holds the LHW belt? The guy who did this:
12_Jones_Machida_15.jpg

Do people still talk about/care about Lyoto?

I'd forgotten that piss drinking drug cheat even existed.

He may go back if he doesn't have more success at MW, it's crazy how he went from ushering in a new era as LHW champ with potential to be in future GOAT talks to where he is now.

He dropped in weight after ten years as a pro, fighting top competition from year one. Mileage is affecting him more than the loss of a speed advantage. Also look at who beat Lyoto at middleweight : Weidman, Rockhold and Romero. Hardly anyone to be ashamed to lose to.

Did he really though i think that was a Rogan Hype job The Machida Era

Well we all know how it turned out and Rogan is always over the top, but he wasn't the only person who thought Lyoto could have a reign at LHW similar to Andersons at MW.

Because Phil Davis

Lyoto was 20-3 or 21-3 at LHW depending on what decision you give him or don't. Plus, his only KO loss was against Rua.

While at MW he is 3-3 and those losses have been violent ones. His speed advantage is gone at MW. I think when you look at LHW, besides Jones, I think Lyoto could beat the other guys.
I never agreed with the machida was a natural middleweight. His body looks weird at middleweight and he doesn't have his speed advantage.

He was a very small lhw, plus the jones beating. I don't think that he could compete with cormier, or gustaffsson.
And people saying he was on steroids, dude was never popped, he openly admitted that was using DHEA which is a weak supplement that doesn't do shit.

Machida looks legitimately dead in the picture lol but I agree don't see him getting the belt again at either weight and lhw has better matchup for him imo there's always the shogun rubber match

I never agreed with the machida was a natural middleweight. His body looks weird at middleweight and he doesn't have his speed advantage.
Incorrect. Before Lyoto dropped to MW, he said in an interview (prior to UFC on Fox 4) that his maximum walking around weight was 210 pounds. There's a reason he weighed in at 201 pounds against Bader and 202 pounds against Hendo. Lyoto's not even a very big MW.

As for the speed advantage, people seem to forget that he's 39. His declining speed advantage isn't about the move to MW; it's about age. His speed has been declining for years, just like every other athlete in their 30's.

I think guys moving down weight classes AS they get older is just a bad idea

Back