Why is Lauzon fighting the guy who lost to Diego

That's not the only atrocious fight. Remember JDS is rematching Struve and Jacaré Souza will fight TIM BOETSCH.

What's that motherfucker's address again?

Because the new matchmaker is a Joe Silva fan

The Diego fight was not a realistic assessment of Marcin, fights in Mexico just seems to wreck fighters, they all gas and look half the fighter they actually are. You will see a different Marcin this fight.

UFC gonna UFC. There have been a few instances of A beat B, and B beat C, so C vs A...

Cause mmamath doesn't work and stylewise it's a good match up. Sanchez stalled while on the ground, while Lauzon is very likely to embrace the grappling. I actually think Lauzon vs Held is a way better match up. It has a great potential to be a nice bjj war.

Who cares, Lauzon is fighting.

tenor.gif

Matchmaking's not an exact science and sometimes you have to make do with what you have.

Because the fight is gonna be fucking amazing. Two of the most aggressive grapplers in all of MMA facing off, neither of whom will be afraid to engage on the mat. It's gonna be glorious.

Because MMAth is flawed and therefore not taken into account by matchmakers

Maybe I'm in the minority but I am really looking forward to Lauzon vs Held.

Cause mmamath doesn't work and stylewise it's a good match up. Sanchez stalled while on the ground, while Lauzon is very likely to embrace the grappling. I actually think Lauzon vs Held is a way better match up. It has a great potential to be a nice bjj war.

I agree
At least on paper this fight is exciting a hell

He's just another guy for Lauzon to fight. I like Lauzon but he's not a contender anymore and he's not even ranked, but he's an entertaining fighter, they don't need to give him fights that make sense, they just need to give him fights.

The same goes for guys like Miller, Gomi, Sanchez etc

The Diego fight was not a realistic assessment of Marcin, fights in Mexico just seems to wreck fighters, they all gas and look half the fighter they actually are. You will see a different Marcin this fight.

Thats the only part of your statement i agree with.

But to disregard the fact he did not properly accumulate to the altitude or get in country early enough to combat the jetlag that really varies from trip to trip/person to person and stress of an upcoming fight could easily accentuate it.

It was realistic cause it happen in reality.

im a fan of Held and always looked forward to his fights in Bellator and i agree we didnt see the best of him in that fight. but dont disregard the fact he has let himself down by not being properly prepared.

and i love to watch Joe fight too and this is a big big fight for him he wants to finish his contract out on a high note and have as much negotiating power moving forward.

Cheer to both guys and looking forward to seeing them grapple a bit.

RIP-Match making.

Because MMAth is flawed and therefore not taken into account by matchmakers

Yeah, but Marcin lost to Diego...therefore he is ranked lower than Diego...and Joe beat Diego...therefore he is ranked higher than Diego. So why give Lauzon a major step back in terms of rankings. Unless the UFC just treats vets as showcase fights and doesn't actually see them as viable contenders anymore.

Probably because on paper this makes to be an exciting fight, possibly fight of the night potential.

Back