Why is KYOJI HORIGUCHI not in the UFC?

bl0b

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm guessing a guy who went 7-1 and only lost to Mighty Mouse didn't get cut from the UFC...so did he go to Rizin to be closer to home or what? Help me out old heads.

Money and his karate master is/was battling cancer so he wanted to be close to him.

Saint Horiguchi

"It was announced on February 17, 2017 that Horiguchi chose not to renew his contract with the UFC"

Took ten seconds TS.

You're welcome.

You guys all fucking piss and moan about flyweights existing so they didn't care to resign him.

Then he goes to wannabe PRIDE and all of a sudden everyone loves him.

The fans here are a major reason why. That and he gets paid better to travel less over there.

more money, better sponsors, more exposure. actual fans of him in japan instead of american fans calling everyone a manlet.

also his karate sensei has cancer and he wants to spend his remaining time in japan closer to him.

turn on subtitles.

1.) his UFC contract was completed
2.) he couldn't come to terms on a new deal with the UFC
3.) became an unrestricted free agent
4.) signed with Rizin.

"It was announced on February 17, 2017 that Horiguchi chose not to renew his contract with the UFC"

Took ten seconds TS.

You're welcome.

Thank you. I'd rather have a discussion about it, as you can see is clearly happening, than google it. :)

Kyoji
Bader
Lorenz Larkin
Mousasi
Tumenov?

more money, better sponsors, more exposure. actual fans of him in japan instead of american fans calling everyone a manlet.

also his karate sensei has cancer and he wants to spend his remaining time in japan closer to him.

You seem knowledgeable about Japanese MMA. What do you thinks next for Guchi? Seems like he's kind of cleaned out Rizin already.

You seem knowledgeable about Japanese MMA. What do you thinks next for Guchi? Seems like he's kind of cleaned out Rizin already.

Getting his ass beat in kickboxing since Rizin announced they doing a Kickboxing GP starting in September, and he asked to be part of it.

maybe Dodson down the line, if he becomes a free agent.

Last edited:
You guys all fucking piss and moan about flyweights existing so they didn't care to resign him.

Then he goes to wannabe PRIDE and all of a sudden everyone loves him.

The fans here are a major reason why. That and he gets paid better to travel less over there.
This! Nobody gave a shit about the guy when he was in the UFC.

Getting his ass beat in kickboxing since Rizin announced they doing a Kickboxing GP starting in September, and he asked to be part of it.

maybe Dodson down the line, if he becomes a free agent.

Fuck I hope not. I'd imagine the tournament would be set up for him and Tenshin to fight in the finals. I'd doubt they bring in legit Thai fighters and don't have access to K1 guys.

Fuck I hope not. I'd imagine the tournament would be set up for him and Tenshin to fight in the finals. I'd doubt they bring in legit Thai fighters and don't have access to K1 guys.

Taiga, former 60 kg K1 champ will be signed but I'd imagine they'll give him to Tenshin to beat.

Horiguchi will for sure have the easier road to the finals, but have to wait and see who they actually sign.

I'm sure he knew he would never beat the Almighty Mouse so his only chance of being a champ was going back to Japan.

A wild guess is that a japanese is more valuable to Rizin than the UFC.
So Rizin might pay more to keep him than the UFC are willing to give to steal him.

Back