Why is Kelvin still at middleweight..?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
I realize he has been on a decent little streak bar the Weidman fight, but that fight should tell you all you need to know about his cieling at 185. Guy belongs at 170 where he can be a world beater if hes in shape.

People will talk about his “great” performances at 185 but context is important:
- Kennedy: first fight in a long time, looked like pure dogshit and is now retired
- Vitor: looked awful post TRT, waaaay past his prime and is retiring in his next fight
- Bisping: Same as Vitor minus the roids, and took the fight on super short notice fresh off a war with GSP where he got his brain rattled

Kelvin is a great fighter, but he just does not belong at 185

Um, because he's terrible at making the weight for 170.

What other reason would it be?

You know how many times this guy has missed weight?

Because he's a fatty.

Um, because he's terrible at making the weight for 170.

What other reason would it be?

You know how many times this guy has missed weight?

Im aware, but it really shouldnt be that difficult an issue to fix. Have him hit up DC and Khabib’s nutritionist and he can make it nonproblem, he looks flabby at 185 and should have zero issues making 170

wasnt tim up a round and a half before gastelum took overe?

some guys like to eat.
I will never blame a guy for cutting less weight.

in fact, more should be like that.

Im aware, but it really shouldnt be that difficult an issue to fix. Have him hit up DC and Khabib’s nutritionist and he can make it nonproblem, he looks flabby at 185 and should have zero issues making 170

If you are aware, then you know exactly why Kelvin is not at 170.

So......why make the thread?

Because he knows food is life and prefers getting choked out by guys who outsize him that making a diet

Why is Whittaker at 185? Because he has been successful there.

Kelvin has too. I am actually impressed with guys that move up and succeed. Plus Kelvin needs to learn to cut properly and consistently if he wants to fight at 170

AT MW he lost to ex champ Weidman and at WW he lost to gatekeeper Magny. So how can you say he does better at WW? Let alone the obvious thign where he almost dies making WW and misses half the time. He hsould never ever be allowed back at 170 again he won't make it. And as he ages weight cutting will only get harder for him

Why is Whittaker at 185? Because he has been successful there.

Kelvin has too. I am actually impressed with guys that move up and succeed. Plus Kelvin needs to learn to cut properly and consistently if he wants to fight at 170

In accord.
2nd part, prolly not going to happen, though on a long term basis.

It's not his call. He's on punishment for fucking up too many times. Next fuck up and he's on double secret probation with Johny Big Pigg.

I mean to be fair he dropped Weidman pretty good in that fight, just too little to late.

Also, if he feels healthier at 185 fighting bigger dudes than cutting to 170, I guess that's his business.

I’m all for guys cutting less weight. He belongs at MW now.

Because he is soft and lacks discipline, but gains a huge speed advantage.

I realize he has been on a decent little streak bar the Weidman fight, but that fight should tell you all you need to know about his cieling at 185. Guy belongs at 170 where he can be a world beater if hes in shape.

People will talk about his “great” performances at 185 but context is important:
- Kennedy: first fight in a long time, looked like pure dogshit and is now retired
- Vitor: looked awful post TRT, waaaay past his prime and is retiring in his next fight
- Bisping: Same as Vitor minus the roids, and took the fight on super short notice fresh off a war with GSP where he got his brain rattled

Kelvin is a great fighter, but he just does not belong at 185

1 win is a decent streak?

But the answer is because he is undisciplined when it comes to eating, and he has added too much muscle in the weight room.

Not his call
3 times and you're forced up permanently imi

Back