Why is it so tough to have public health care?

No doubt there are issues , any system has it's strengths and weaknesses , my father has terminal Cancer and his care to this point has been phenomenal.

Keep in mind that Canada spends half as much per person on health care compared to the US
Good point!

Well you're wife is going on hearsay and anecdotal evidence because here in the real world our health care system ranks way above yours in every study on the subject.
I prefer 1st hand experiences rather than studies by the U.N. My wife was a nurse in Canada too.

My wife says that the standard of care in the U.S. is much higher. In Canada everyone has insurance but substandard care unless you are wealthy. Too many hospitals understaffed.
Every single person I know is happy our health care system , in 49 so I've seen it all, many births , deaths , chronic illness etc etc and it's all been pretty good , I have the odd story where you could nit pick but on the whole it's been fantastic

Do you really want government corruption brought into healthcare and then dictating what treatments you can and can't have?

Here, in W Europe where Healthcare is almost ideal
The medical insurers made a list of the
(number of) treatments the will pay for.
There are like 4 level packs of care.

The lowest monthly fee has the least coverage.
But when you pay $150 a month you get
every orthodox medical procedure done...
If needed

I prefer 1st hand experiences rather than studies by the U.N. My wife was a nurse in Canada too.
I lived in the US for a couple of years , I'm familiar with both systems.

Ill take Canada's any day

Something about moochers, poor people, constitution doesnt nean healthcare when it says welfare, and you should pray and eat your broccoli.

I lived in the US for a couple of years , I'm familiar with both systems.

Ill take Canada's any day
Good for you then. Canada's system is fine until you have a serious health issue. Which, I hope you never do.

Seriously. We will gladly hand over tax dollars for roads, our military and welfare. Why does the buck end where it would actually drastically increase the quality of life for many people?

A country with over 100 000 000 very loud lunatics who have no idea how much better their life could be if they pulled their head out of their ass and walked back the craziness a bit? I can't imagine why.

We can't afford to do that and also slap a new coat of paint on our nukes. Plus, the constitution doesn't say anything about health care, so it is unconstitutional.

Because I can get an appointment to see my ortho the day I call and an MRI on the way home. It just costs me some money. That's pretty ducking sweet

1ku1am.jpg

Our government can't even get healthcare right for eligible vets (who make up less than 1% of the population).

What the fuck country are you talking about? Nobody in Canada is told what surgeries they can and can't have unless they opt to have their arm removed for no apparent reason or some dumb shit.

if America changes to government run health care then where will all of the Canadian politicians go for their own health care?

Government run health care will run just as efficiently as the DMV and USPS.

Seriously. We will gladly hand over tax dollars for roads, our military and welfare. Why does the buck end where it would actually drastically increase the quality of life for many people?

Why don't the single payer crowd ever try to pass an amendment to make healthcare a federal responsibility instead of saying "Look at Denmark!"?

Something about moochers, poor people, constitution doesnt nean healthcare when it says welfare, and you should pray and eat your broccoli.

Liberals: 'General Welfare' means everything we want that not listed in the constitution but don't ask us for the context of the word.

My wife says that the standard of care in the U.S. is much higher. In Canada everyone has insurance but substandard care unless you are wealthy. Too many hospitals understaffed.
That's because we have almost as many "don't wanna pay their share of taxes" assholes as you bozos. Well, not really; I don't see nearly as many people in Canada blaming poor people for being poor or whining that they don't want social programs that are known to be of great benefit to all of society. But otherwise, yeah, quit bitching about taxes and don't go broke when you get sick. Sounds fair to me.

Back