Why is GSP ducking his own division?

GSP had a long reign as the champ at 170. Now is he is in a small group of two weight class champions (170 & 185). If he were to win the 155 belt, he would be the ONLY triple weight class champion in UFC history. Plus a fight against Conor or Khabib would be for lots of $$$, a lot more $$$ than fighting Woodley. Do the legacy, triple champ and $$$ objectives help to clear things up for you or do you need extra time and help on this topic???

Last edited:
The person who fought the most top 5 ranked opponents in the history of MMA? Sure, troll.

I specifically said high calibre fighters not fodder one dimensional fighters. only condit, shields and Hendricks which was a robbery were top wins. rest were all fodders.

Calling someone a champ champ is all the rage right now.

GSP wants to be a champ champ champ.

He's shook and always has been. Most of his fan bois like him because of his skin color and some strange fantasy projections they cast on themselves.
That’s the dumbest and most racist thing I’ve ever heard. Get a real life!

I specifically said high calibre fighters not fodder one dimensional fighters. only condit, shields and Hendricks which was a robbery were top wins. rest were all fodders.

I get that you don't know shit about anything that isn't recent, noob. Go check some wikis and educate yourself.

<{hughesimpress}>

He wants new accomplishments. There's no new accomplishment he can get at 170. However, he could become a 3x weight division champion at 155. That's his goal now.

Absolutely. MMAth is ridiculous. Woodley is better now than when fought Rory, and I could make endless obscure arguments about Rory, GSP and anyone else you mention. GSP won't fight anyone he is scared of. Hendricks sent him into retirement, and since then he has only popped out for a gimme fight. After that he conveniently got colitis. People with high intelligence, intellect and life experience can see straight through GSP. He's shook and will only fight smaller guys or guys he knows he has a high chance of beating. He will NEVER fight Romero/Silva/Whittaker/Woodley or anyone else who would send him into a coma. Make any argument you want as to WHY, but he WONT because of fear. Period. End of story. He's a lot like Jon Jones but without the gutter-criminal tendencies, and he is smarter. They both lack real confidence and true integrity. They say and do things in order to try and get people to perceive them differently than they really are.

MMAth is more legit than your ridiculous opinion.

Woodley might have improved but he’s still not fought anyone that comes close to GSP. Woodley would simply be another wrestler with KO power that he’ll beat.

GSP fighting Woodley does do anything for what GSP is after. Money and a different belt.

looking for easiest fights with most reward

MMAth is more legit than your ridiculous opinion.

Woodley might have improved but he’s still not fought anyone that comes close to GSP. Woodley would simply be another wrestler with KO power that he’ll beat.

GSP fighting Woodley does do anything for what GSP is after. Money and a different belt.

woodley more athletic, dangerous on the feet, gsp could take him down... recipe for disaster

woodley more athletic, dangerous on the feet, gsp could take him down... recipe for disaster

More athletic is debatable.

What would be a recipe for disaster is Woodley getting jabbed and can’t take GSP down

For similar reasons we haven't seen BJ back at LW since his departure.

He is already the WW goat. Fighting in the division again puts at risk losing in that division again and tainting what he already accomplished. GSP " retired " with the WW belt. He left the division the champion .. going back and losing takes a little something away from that. He will no longer be able to say ( his fans wouldn't be able to claim ) GSP left the division with the belt and never lost another WW belt since.

I’m just glad he saved us from the the Bisping era.

oh I have seen more than enough to know that gsp womt beat woodley, usman or prime lawler.

If you're making millions gambling on fights (that is, if your ability to predict outcomes of fights is proven and not just true in your own head) then your certainty means something.

Otherwise your predictions about fights that haven't happened are as meaningless as the predictions of the rest of us - there's no more reason to take your opinion seriously than there is to take seriously the predictions of those who say GSP would beat those three.

Me, despite having seen a lot of MMA, I'm not sure enough of my predictions to bet more than pocket money on fights. Which means its be silly for me to say I know what the outcome of GSP vs Woodley or Lawler would be - there's a reason for the saying 'put your money where your mouth is'.

GSP has already proven over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that he is the best WW ever.

There is 0 left to prove at WW

GSP is in the twilight of his career.

He only wants big fights.

Woodley doesn't draw for shit.

If you're making millions gambling on fights (that is, if your ability to predict outcomes of fights is proven and not just true in your own head) then your certainty means something.

Otherwise your predictions about fights that haven't happened are as meaningless as the predictions of the rest of us - there's no more reason to take your opinion seriously than there is to take seriously the predictions of those who say GSP would beat those three.

Me, despite having seen a lot of MMA, I'm not sure enough of my predictions to bet more than pocket money on fights. Which means its be silly for me to say I know what the outcome of GSP vs Woodley or Lawler would be - there's a reason for the saying 'put your money where your mouth is'.
fair enough. I always respect people that respond sensibly like you just did. I feel that woodley is a bad matchup for gsp. Gsp womt be able to time his takedowns against tyron. tyron is very difficult to take down and it's even harder to keep him down for long. Woodley has ko power and has brutal leg kicks that does damage over time if he actually decides to throw them. woodley has become very cerebral ever since he found a head coach. the woodley that lost to marquardt was a newbie in the striking department and against rory he dint have a head coach. Things have changed significantly under roofus. He has the wrestling to negate gsp. Gsp's lack of ko power would allow tyron to wait for the right moment in order to strike the killer blow. Power, speed and strength advantage all favour woodley. Gsp has the cardio advantage but tyron has learnt how to conserve and explode like romero. It's a very difficult matchup for gsp and I simply cant fathom a way for gsp to win.

More athletic is debatable.

What would be a recipe for disaster is Woodley getting jabbed and can’t take GSP down

Well woodley is current champion and more than willing to fight GSP, but it doesnt go both ways. GSP fishing for fights against LW's.

IMO i think Woodley debos GSP, def a harder fight than bisping.

Back